Author Topic: Turkish Airlines  (Read 268743 times)

Offline nirc

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Turkish Airlines
« Reply #700 on: December 25, 2020, 10:49:34 AM »
Just got tickets using Turkish Miles but neglected to use my explorer card when paying the tax in order to get free luggage.

I would cancel and rebook, except that the # of miles necessary have increased since original booking.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Offline bmw

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: February 05, 2021, 12:56:26 AM »
has anyone managed to purchase or transfer mile and smiles  ?

i enter cc info, it says processing but never manages to complete transaction ? been having the issue for months from quite a few accounts....

Offline bmw

• View Profile
« Reply #702 on: February 05, 2021, 12:59:03 AM »
also when doing marriot transfer i keep getting message "Please correct the following and try again.
Frequent Flyer Number is not valid" even though number matches the account, anyone did a transfer recently ?

Offline KSMH

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: February 05, 2021, 09:41:13 AM »

i enter cc info, it says processing but never manages to complete transaction ? been having the issue for months from quite a few accounts....

U need to call.
Always praying for delayed baggage.

Offline bmw

• View Profile
« Reply #704 on: February 06, 2021, 07:21:11 PM »
i called still no luck. you managed to complete purchase by calling ?

Offline points 99

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: February 07, 2021, 09:01:04 PM »

I got it done online (transferring a couple thou miles from 1 account to another). took many tries, kept getting stuck when they verified the cc, but eventually it went through.

Offline bmw

• View Profile
« Reply #706 on: February 08, 2021, 02:27:04 PM »
thanks will keep trying. have numerous 6.5k accounts. when did you last manage to do it ?

Offline points 99

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: February 09, 2021, 04:35:29 PM »
If I book a UA ticket using Turkish pnts, will United let me change the flight when I am checking to a different flight, same day? The flight that I want does not have saver seats avail, but it is not a full flight? Does status help for this?

Offline Platinum

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: February 09, 2021, 05:10:14 PM »
If I book a UA ticket using Turkish pnts, will United let me change the flight when I am checking to a different flight, same day? The flight that I want does not have saver seats avail, but it is not a full flight? Does status help for this?
I recently did that in the United lounge.

Offline sam28

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: February 10, 2021, 01:50:53 PM »
i need Turkish airlines points anyone for today ?

Offline lazeryudel

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: February 11, 2021, 04:30:42 PM »
i see saver award (when not logged in to milage plus )on  ua site avialble but not showing up when i log onto turkish account ..what is wrong

Offline lazeryudel

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: February 11, 2021, 04:37:25 PM »
i got it! log in and then start page over

Offline Pesach

• View Profile
« Reply #712 on: February 17, 2021, 08:09:18 PM »
I booked a United domestic flight for myself and 3 others using Turkish airline miles and smiles program to fly from Newark to Las Vegas. It was booked over the phone. Initially, I booked Newark to Los Angeles I then called up Turkish airlines and requested a change from Newark to Las Vegas on the same date. They told me that my flight has been changed to Las Vegas and "I should head down to the airport where I should go to the united counter and have them print us out the tickets". I wanted to check in for my flight online, however the agent advised me that the only way to check in was to go to the airport as we booked and requested to change destinations less then 24 hours to the flight . When we got to the airport we went straight to the united counter the agent looked up our reservation and told us that she sees that we have a reservation that was switched from Los Angeles to los Vegas but unfortunately because the flight was not ticketed I could not get onto the flight I needed to call Turkish airlines directly. I then got on the phone to call Turkish airlines however the agent over the phone at Turkish airlines kept insisting that there was nothing she could do to help and that I should just "fill out a comment/ complaint form on their website" I then asked united airlines to please ticket this reservation for me and let me on the flight but they told me that "under no circumstances could they do so as it was booked by Turkish airlines and I would not be allowed on this flight" instead they put me on the original flight I booked instead to las Angeles, so  after weeks of back and forth upset about what happened I filed a dot complaint form and after another back and forth  got this response  :"records indicate that you were suggested to go to United Airlines counters in order to complete the reissue procedures as EWRLAS instead of EWRLAX.  Unfortunately, as they have stated, this could not be processed by United Airlines. We would like to extend our apologies for the inconvenience we might have caused.  even though it was not the itinerary you preferred, tickets have been utilized voluntarily that we would not be able to refund the miles but having said this please inform us how you traveled to LAS from LAX?  (*if you traveled please provide us the invoice for the transfer between LAX-LAS) if you had to pay no show penalty  or cancellation fee for the hotel accommodations in LAS please inform us and provide us the invoice accordingly for evaluation."                                                                                                                                         
                    they then wrote back a few days later  " while we were waiting the documents from you my colleagues did retrieve and reinvestigated your file again and we would like to share the most recent information we obtained Our records indicate that 5 hours prior to your flight, you have placed a call to our call center to find out  the status of your EWRLAS reservation. Our colleagues informed you that EWRLAS flight is still on waitlist that it had not been confirmed . Mr, you have traveled EWRLAX voluntarily as EWRLAS reservation had not been confirmed . This information was conveyed to you prior to the travel  and knowingly, upon reaching to EWR airport,  you have inquired with United Airlines representative  if there is any possibility of cancellation on their  EWRLAS flight  so that you could  fly to LAS last minute. But even though they had space available, tickets would have to be reissued by Turkish Airlines and that is why they could not assist you. You traveled to EWRLAX as originally planned.    With this new information we would have to inform that we follow a consistent policy to ensure  that Turkish Airlines is fair to everyone who travels with us. Accordingly, we must respectfully decline your request for reimbursement for the above mentioned expenses".        "As our representative stated,  your reservation in that specific class of service  required specifically for the frequent flyer service had not been cleared nor confirmed. It was  waitlisted that my colleagues could not reissue the tickets. This information was provided 5 hours prior to your flight from EWR to LAX. In our industry, there is always no show factor that  passengers change their plans at last minute that space could become available at the airport, it is a normal practice for the  airline to accept passengers last minute at the airport but given the fact that your ticket had to be reissued specifically by Turkish Airlines due to special handling, United Airlines representative could not assist you in changing the ticket from EWRLAX to EWRLAS as the reservation was still waitlisted. Our records indicate that you and your family utilized the tickets." is there anything I can answer back to them , if someone can give any advice
 is it worthwhile to post complaint on regulations. gov i Just dont want my name publicized?  it was hard to understand edelmans article that Dan  posted a link about about on how to keep your name redacted from the part that publicizes you

« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 08:26:58 PM by Pesach »

Offline nafnaf12

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: February 17, 2021, 08:14:14 PM »

Sorry to hear.

No way you're getting anything out of TK.

As a general rule it's the same $25 to change or cancel an award with TK.
Easiest way is to cancel and rebook
A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor.

Offline justmeha

• View Profile
« Reply #714 on: March 08, 2021, 07:57:46 PM »
just an FYI:

TL;DR if availability does not show on TK try the search from the beginning. ( i.e. enter all the info from origin, destination, etc )

I checked on united and there was 3 consecutive days with saver availability on a specific  route. so i moved over to TK and entered the first date, BH the availability showed. but then a strange thing happened, when I clicked on the arrow to the next day it said nothing was available. I thought it was just standard TK not showing available space, but when I entered the search again and started from the second date it showed.

long of the short, it seems that the website changes the origin when you click the next button on the page that displays the availability. good news is that even if the award does not appear on TK, you might be able to find it by starting the search from the beginning.

Offline Zalc

• View Profile
« Reply #715 on: April 20, 2021, 01:05:34 PM »
Had anyone used their free hotel for istanbul stopovers in the past?

I wonder if they'll make it available again.

https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-us/flights/stopover/

Offline zow

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: April 20, 2021, 01:30:32 PM »
Flying Turkish J from BOS.
I know I can use the United Lounge, but that’s another Terminal.
Can Turkish J use the Lufthansa Lounge in Terminal E?
Besides the AF Lounge (with PP), any other options in Terminal E these days?
Thanks.

Offline Ready4Takeoff

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: April 27, 2021, 03:58:06 PM »
Sorry if this has been previously discussed. I just signed up with Miles&Smiles, and I'm having an extremely difficult time finding Star Alliance award partner availability on nearly every route over many dates. Keep getting "Flight not found on the selected date and route..." Especially for flights from CLE, my home airport. Any ideas on if there's a better way to find availability? (I'm using their Star Alliance search, so that's not the issue.) Thank you!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 05:35:20 PM by Ready4Takeoff »

Offline shwarmabob

• View Profile
« Reply #718 on: July 14, 2021, 04:21:49 AM »
Anyone transferred in IST recently?
Was the experience any worse than European airports? Covid rules?
Do they serve KSML on flights to the US?

Offline Zalc

• View Profile
« Reply #719 on: July 16, 2021, 01:21:42 AM »
Anyone transferred in IST recently?
Was the experience any worse than European airports? Covid rules?
Do they serve KSML on flights to the US?
Yes.
Don't know about Europe. Was pretty simple, smooth. Land, go thru security and go on to the next flight. Lots of walking though. Flights from turkey to the US go through security again at the gate by private officers, they check each person's bag and pat down (men and women separate).
I don't recall if we needed to show our PCR tests at the security, just at the gate.

They do serve KSMLs (at least TK), and Turkish Airlines flights from IST gave some of the best meals in the game as the Caterer (Chabad of Turkey) makes the meals fresh, not more than a few days old at most.