Author Topic: Turkish Airlines  (Read 268647 times)

Offline shtank

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Turkish Airlines
« Reply #180 on: August 12, 2014, 01:32:55 PM »
So they told me on the phone that they could sort it out at JFK. So I went and spoke to the ticket agent, who told me that because my flight was canceled, they rebooked me onto a flight several hours later, making my layover now 7 hours long. I tried arguing and I asked her to rebook me onto a partner airline, and she refused, and would not let me speak to a supervisor, as she claimed there wasn't one. So I wandered around trying to find another Turkish counter, and that's how I ended up at the lost and found, where there happened to be a supervisor. She put me on the phone with someone else, who was actually very nice and was trying to see if she could put me on a different airline, until the supervisor grabbed the phone away from me and told the lady on the phone that she couldn't do it. They gave me an email address to write to to see if there is anything that can be done. I wrote to them, and now I guess we will see what happens...
That's annoying. keep us posted.

Offline shauly

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 12, 2014, 01:37:31 PM »

Will do.

Honestly, I'd just fly with them, but my parents, my in laws, my grandparents, everyone has been driving me nuts non stop about the tickets, so finally I told them all to either cough up or shut up, and they all agreed to split new tickets should I not be able to get Turkish to switch me over. I'm just doing my hishtadlus now.

Offline Chapshnell

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Skypesos, AA Shilling, AS Pounds.
« Reply #182 on: August 12, 2014, 02:35:57 PM »
my brother just flew turkish air, had great flights. no issues. nothing.. dressed hasidic as well.

Offline harrym

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 13, 2014, 06:49:43 AM »
my brother just flew turkish air, had great flights. no issues. nothing.. dressed hasidic as well.
+1

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 13, 2014, 05:54:00 PM »

Offline MamaRochel

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 13, 2014, 07:05:00 PM »
Wow that's cool

Offline AbieN

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 14, 2014, 01:17:07 PM »
I have a similar situation with a Turkish flight for Succos.  Due to the cancelled second flight from Istanbul, they rescheduled me for a later flight 7 hours after the initial flight is supposed to land. I spoke to an agent and explained there is a flight 70 minutes after the first flight lands. He told me he could change flights, but if I miss the connection and they have to reschedule my second leg from Istambul to Tel Aviv, I would have to pay over $1000 for the change. This is a bit crazy because my return flight after Succos has a 75 minute gap in between flights. The agent explained that if the airline schedules the flight and it is missed they reschedule for free.  If you make the change YOU pay. 

Offline elizabeth144

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 14, 2014, 01:36:48 PM »
Quote from RoamRight via SquareMouth:

"What is Cancel For Any Reason?

Provides reimbursement for non-refundable trip payments and deposits if a trip is cancelled for any reason.
What am I covered for?

CANCEL FOR ANY REASON

Be advised that the Company requires You to purchase Cancel for any Reason coverage within 21 days of Your initial Trip deposit. If after 21 days from initial Trip deposit, this coverage is not available.

The Company will pay a benefit, up to the maximum shown on Your Confirmation of Benefits, if You are prevented from taking Your Trip for all reasons up to 48 hours prior to departure.

The Company will reimburse You for the following:
a) Non-refundable cancellation charges imposed by the Travel Suppliers.
b) Airfare cancellation charges for flights commencing within one week of the Land/Sea Arrangements.
c) If Your Travel Supplier cancels Your Trip, You are covered up to the cost of the ticket or the reissue fee charged by the airline for the tickets. You must have covered the entire cost of the Trip including the airfare.

In no event shall the amount reimbursed exceed the lesser of the amount You prepaid for the Trip or the maximum benefit shown on Your Confirmation of Benefits."

Any luck with this?

Offline shtank

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 14, 2014, 02:10:55 PM »
Any luck with this?
Well, I bought the insurance but I hope not to have to use it. I did speak with agents from RoamRight and Squaremouth and they both assured me that all I would need to provide in case of a claim (assuming it is a claim based on that part of the insurance - Cancel for Any Reason) is an itinerary and a credit card statement showing that is how much I paid. That only covers me for 75% of my cost of the itinerary. If I were to cancel for a "Covered Reason" I would get the full value. This insurance must be purchased within like 3 weeks of when you book the flight.

Offline shauly

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 14, 2014, 07:27:41 PM »

I received an email response. They said they cannot rebook me but they offered to refund the second half of the tickets. I'm not sure how much they are offering to give though.

Offline shauly

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 17, 2014, 12:46:26 AM »
I received an email response. They said they cannot rebook me but they offered to refund the second half of the tickets. I'm not sure how much they are offering to give though.

They offered to give back $400 a ticket, which is decent since they were $800 each and non-refundable.

Offline TDweck

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 17, 2014, 10:41:30 PM »
Just booked BOS-IST-KBP in Business for RH.   Hoping I get the newer product!

Offline MamaRochel

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 17, 2014, 10:53:44 PM »
Who did you email? the airline or your CC? What did you tell them? I am thinking of changing from Turkish as well.Any info would be greatly appreciated.

They offered to give back $400 a ticket, which is decent since they were $800 each and non-refundable.

Offline shauly

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 18, 2014, 05:56:38 PM »
Who did you email? the airline or your CC? What did you tell them? I am thinking of changing from Turkish as well.Any info would be greatly appreciated.

NYC.Refunds@thy.com

I complained about the added layover time, explained why it doesn't work for me (traveling with an infant, etc) said I was concerned about security and I cited several articles so they couldn't pretend nothing is going on like they did in the airport.

They wrote back:

Dear Mr XXXXX,

Unfortunately due to schedule change we are not able to reinstate reservation to different airline

Since Turkish Airlines offer you to change for later flight which layover is Istanbul is longer

If you don't agree with that half of the ticket can be refunded by travel agency due to involuntary situation

They clarified in a later email that they would process a refund of $400 per ticket to the original credit card used for the purchase. I'm still waiting for an email back to see if I can do any better.

Offline shtank

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 18, 2014, 07:42:51 PM »
Shauly, not sure if this is what you want but they absolutely should refund the ticket completely since they changed the itinerary on you. Who did you book through?

Offline shauly

• View Profile
« Reply #195 on: August 18, 2014, 09:47:20 PM »
Shauly, not sure if this is what you want but they absolutely should refund the ticket completely since they changed the itinerary on you. Who did you book through?

I booked it through the Turkish website.

The ideal outcome for me would be to get rebooked onto a partner airline like United, Air Canada, or Swiss. I really don't care to fly on them; I'm only fighting this out because my parents and in-laws want it. If they want to pay to rebook, I'll give them whatever Turkish gives me back.

Offline al613

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 19, 2014, 12:16:15 AM »
How do you feel about flying through Istanbul these days for a single frum girl? Esp. through airport SAW and getting there on one ticket and continue to TLV on a different ticket.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 12:27:08 AM by al613 »

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 19, 2014, 02:20:21 AM »
How do you feel about flying through Istanbul these days for a single frum girl? Esp. through airport SAW and getting there on one ticket and continue to TLV on a different ticket.
Which airline is the second ticket?

Offline al613

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 19, 2014, 10:06:02 AM »
Which airline is the second ticket?
either both of them will be on Turkish or first will be turkish and second Pegasus

Offline shauly

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 24, 2014, 09:16:27 AM »
I booked it through the Turkish website.

The ideal outcome for me would be to get rebooked onto a partner airline like United, Air Canada, or Swiss. I really don't care to fly on them; I'm only fighting this out because my parents and in-laws want it. If they want to pay to rebook, I'll give them whatever Turkish gives me back.

If anyone is interested.. I was fighting it out with them to just give me a lounge pass so I'd have something to do on the layover they made for me, but they wouldn't do it. I guess they don't mind giving me back $400 per seat because they can resell it for so much more. Anyway, my wife's family paid for new tickets on United, so I requested the refund from Turkish to give to them.