Author Topic: Denied Chase card, fixed up problems, what to do?  (Read 1814 times)

Offline kivabb

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Denied Chase card, fixed up problems, what to do?
« on: June 30, 2011, 08:25:23 PM »
Chase recently denied me 2 cards based on "Balances on accounts too high compared to credit limits" & "Outstanding debt on credit accounts is too high". Mind you the balances have been the same for the last 2 years I have gotten plenty of Chase cards, but I guess they grew impatient with me...I tried reconsideration but they said I had to lower debt......

Anyway, I went ahead and lowered my debt on my line of credit as well as on my credit card that had high balance compared to credit limit.

I then waited until the statements closed so it would show up on my next credit report as lowered. The quetion is where do I stand a better chance of approval now:

If I'm still within 30 days of my application, do I call reconsideration and assume they would want to do another pull as proof and hopefully push through?

Or do I wait 30 days and just submit new applications since anyways they will do credit pull?

Thanks in advance.....

Offline easy48

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Denied Chase card, fixed up problems, what to do?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 08:29:12 PM »
Chase recently denied me 2 cards based on "Balances on accounts too high compared to credit limits" & "Outstanding debt on credit accounts is too high". Mind you the balances have been the same for the last 2 years I have gotten plenty of Chase cards, but I guess they grew impatient with me...I tried reconsideration but they said I had to lower debt......

Anyway, I went ahead and lowered my debt on my line of credit as well as on my credit card that had high balance compared to credit limit.

I then waited until the statements closed so it would show up on my next credit report as lowered. The quetion is where do I stand a better chance of approval now:

If I'm still within 30 days of my application, do I call reconsideration and assume they would want to do another pull as proof and hopefully push through?

Or do I wait 30 days and just submit new applications since anyways they will do credit pull?

Thanks in advance.....

Just because your statement closed may not necessarily mean that the credit bureau got that information on the same day.  You may need to find out when the credit reporting cycle happens.  I dont think its in real time.  It would be a shame for them to pull another report only to find out it didnt change and will change the next week.  Good luck.

Offline kivabb

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 08:33:49 PM »
Just because your statement closed may not necessarily mean that the credit bureau got that information on the same day.  You may need to find out when the credit reporting cycle happens.  I dont think its in real time.  It would be a shame for them to pull another report only to find out it didnt change and will change the next week.  Good luck.

Thanks. I would confirm that it's on the report before calling or applying but IME 95% of the time the big companies send info when statement closes (or within a day or 2 after).

Offline Avid Reader

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 10:19:22 PM »
+1 in my experience.