Author Topic: Lounges at LAX  (Read 6540 times)

Offline SPGCont

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Fairmont Platinum (Life), Alaska Air MVP, Delta Silver, AA, United
Lounges at LAX
« on: July 01, 2011, 02:55:58 PM »
I am going to be flying out of LAX twice in the near future, once on United and once on Air Canada. I have the Amex Platinum and The Priority Pass card.

Never been to any LAX lounges and am looking for any advice and/or recommendations.

Do you need to be in a lounge in the same terminal that you are flying out of?
Are the terminals within walking distance of each other?

I am assuming that you are not limited to the lounge of the airline you are flying on if you have the access cards I listed earlier. If that is not true, please let me know.

Thanks!

Offline LAXtraveler

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AAdvantage, DL Skymiles, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis Preferred, National Executive, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Re: Lounges at LAX
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 04:01:38 PM »
The terminals at LAX are in a U-formation with no direct connection between them outside of walking on the sidewalk all the way around the U or waiting for a bus to transfer you between terminals.

Generally, Amex Plat will get you into DL, AA, CO (for now) and US lounges. US you don't need to be flying them to get in, but the others you do.

AC departs from Terminal 2 so no luck there, however, they could be a Priority Pass lounge. I think you can look up what lounges are PP online on their website.

IIRC UA is a PP lounge (at least for now with Amex Plat) so you should be OK with the PP card there.

I could be wrong because I am doing this from memory, so please correct me if I am mistaken.

Offline elig770

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 04:27:29 PM »
Not sure about Air Canada but having recently flown United from LAX, the united lounge didn't accept PP but they told me the Continental lounge (United and Continental terminals are connected) would take PP even without a Continental boarding pass.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 04:34:27 PM »
I never cease to be amazed by the sheer number of questions regarding AMEX Plat access.
It's fairly simple IMHO.

Through 09/30/11:
-You can use the card itself for AA, CO and DL lounges only when you are flying that particular airline that day.
-You can use the card itself for US lounges without any boarding pass.
-You can use the Priority Pass card at any lounge listed on www.prioritypass.com without any boarding pass.

When using the card itself you can bring in 2 guests or your spouse and kids.
When using Priority Pass you are charged $27/guest.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline SPGCont

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Fairmont Platinum (Life), Alaska Air MVP, Delta Silver, AA, United
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 07:14:20 PM »
OK.
Thanks guys.

Anybody ever been to these lounges?

Is one better than another or are all airport lounges basically created equal?

Offline LAXtraveler

• View Profile
  • Programs: AAdvantage, DL Skymiles, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis Preferred, National Executive, Hertz #1 Club Gold
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 07:51:06 PM »
I never cease to be amazed by the sheer number of questions regarding AMEX Plat access.
It's fairly simple IMHO.

Through 09/30/11:
-You can use the card itself for AA, CO and DL lounges only when you are flying that particular airline that day.
-You can use the card itself for US lounges without any boarding pass.

Isn't that what I wrote regarding Amex Plat access (albeit not as nicely in outline form)?

Sorry I misremembered the UA RCC PP rules.

Offline Yehoshua

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 01:55:10 AM »
I've never been in the United RCC (Terminal 7) but I have been in the AAdmirals club (T4), ReLAX Lounge (TBIT), Alaska Airlines Board Room (T3), and US Airways Club (T1).

• US Airways club is windowless, with the only kosher foods being Milano cookies and fruit.  They are pretty strict about outside food.
• Alaska Board Room is on the floor above the gates and it has a nice view of the North side of the airport.
• ReLax Lounge faces West, so can get sunny in the late afternoon.  Also, as of April 2011, they were doing construction right outside the lounge (outside the building) so its not very pretty (unless you like construction).  There are no views of any runways, but you can see the planes shortly after they take off to the west.
• AAdmirals Club was also nice, with windows to the terminal and the outside, although again, not much kosher food besides fruit (I was there early a.m.)

If you are flying United (T7/8), you can walk above ground to T6 (to access the Continental Lounge) and then underground to T5 (Delta Lounge) without a problem.  Total walk time from T7-T5 is about 10 minutes in a semi-crowded airport.

Offline YudiG

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 12:18:58 PM »
anyone know if there are any pp lounges for swiss departures?

Offline Yehoshua

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 01:51:49 AM »
Swiss leaves from TBIT (International Terminal).  You can visit the ReLAX lounge if you want, but its before security so beware of your time.  I believe there's another PP lounge in TBIT as well, but I don't remember.  Look on PP's website for lounges in Tom Bradley International Terminal.

Offline YudiG

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2011, 03:44:46 AM »
I'll be traveling on United out of LAX on October...I assume that I wont be able to use an amex plat to get into the CO lounge as by then the deal will be over...i looked on the priority pass website as with a PP select card you used to have access but saw a note that PP select cards and membership obtained from a 'u.s. financial institution' will longer be valid to gain entry to the CO President Club starting october 1st...

anyone know of any lounge in terminal 6 where united departs from that i could get into?

Offline princea143

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2014, 04:53:09 PM »
Anybody know which airport lounge is the best at LAX?  I have an Amex Plat, Citi Exec, Priority Pass, Lounge Club, BA Chase Card, and UMPE.  I know alot has changed since 2011.  haha  Let me know.  We are there tonight!  TIA

Offline LAXtraveler

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2014, 06:29:35 PM »
Anybody know which airport lounge is the best at LAX?  I have an Amex Plat, Citi Exec, Priority Pass, Lounge Club, BA Chase Card, and UMPE.  I know alot has changed since 2011.  haha  Let me know.  We are there tonight!  TIA

What airline are you taking?

Offline princea143

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2014, 06:54:51 PM »
What airline are you taking?
China Southern through Flying Blue site.  Used points if this helps.

Offline mercaz1

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2014, 09:10:00 AM »
for delta, can I get into the lounge with a closed amex plat card and does it cost anything -for me and the rest of my family?

Offline LAXtraveler

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2014, 12:17:22 PM »
China Southern through Flying Blue site.  Used points if this helps.

You'll be in Bradley Terminal. Skyteam has a lounge. (I think you already left though).

Offline princea143

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2014, 10:26:30 PM »
You'll be in Bradley Terminal. Skyteam has a lounge. (I think you already left though).

Yah haha. The traffic was terrible so we didn't even have time for the lounge anyways. Thanks though.  :)