Author Topic: Is it worth applying for Mobile/Exxon cc and save over $300 in the first 2 month  (Read 1054 times)

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
    I always had this question if it would be worth it to apply for the Exxon mobile cc and assuming you have minimum of two cars and fill up both cars at least 2 times a week,with a fill up at 20 gallons each for two months so that's 16 fill ups per months and a total of 32 fill ups in two months give or take,(Yes I'm assuming so it might be very different per person)and each fill up at $75 , forgot to mention the in app offer of $0.10 per gallon so that's a total of $0.60 off the gallon which makes some good savings , 80 gallons 1week X $0.60 off =$48 then that X 8 for 8 weeks which totals $384 Give or take.
 Now I don't know if it's worth a credit pull for that and get that easy cash, more then what you would get from your chase ink card assuming you file gas for bussiness expense of using the sapphire for those who don't file it.
  Would love to hear some opinions on this? Is this the same type of credit inquiry/pull like a regular cc like amex or chase or being that it's like a store cc it's not the same type of pull or all credit cards have the same credit inquiry as your borrowing money from banks,meaning visa or what ever card is behind the scenes?

« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 06:49:57 PM by myi »
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline davidrotts63

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
    I always had this question if it would be worth it to apply for the Exxon mobile cc and assuming you have minimum of two cars and fill up both cars at least 2 times a week,with a fill up at 20 gallons each for two months so that's 16 fill ups per months and a total of 32 fill ups in two months give or take,(Yes I'm assuming so it might be very different per person)and each fill up at $75 , forgot to mention the in app offer of $0.10 per gallon so that's a total of $0.60 off the gallon which makes some good savings , 80 gallons 1week X $0.60 off =$48 then that X 8 for 8 weeks which totals $384 Give or take.
 Now I don't know if it's worth a credit pull for that and get that easy cash, more then what you would get from your chase ink card assuming you file gas for bussiness expense of using the sapphire for those who don't file it.
  Would love to hear some opinions on this? Is this the same type of credit inquiry/pull like a regular cc like amex or chase or being that it's like a store cc it's not the same type of pull or all credit cards have the same credit inquiry as your borrowing money from banks,meaning visa or what ever card is behind the scenes?

Same pull, but a pull shouldn't change your mind, there is AAOA to consider, and they probably give really low CL, IMO you have to have gone through many other offers before a $300 offer is worth it.
(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
Same pull, but a pull shouldn't change your mind, there is AAOA to consider, and they probably give really low CL, IMO you have to have gone through many other offers before a $300 offer is worth it.
Don't forget some store cards can be obtained without a hard pull using the "shopping cart" method. Who issues the card?
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
Don't forget some store cards can be obtained without a hard pull using the "shopping cart" method. Who issues the card?
Can i ask what exactly the shopping cart method is?

Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501