Author Topic: Signing up for the Starwoods card but giving the 10k bonus to someone else  (Read 1573 times)

Offline doublejay

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
I heard that you can sign up for the Starwoods card for "Paul Smith" but when applying give "John Black's" Starwood number and JB will get the bonus.

Can anyone confirm this? I have a friend who wants to give me his starwoods miles when he applies.

Thx.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
It's definitely possible, but why risk it?  Just open up a SPG account in the cardholder's name at your address and Starpoint transfers will be free.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline doublejay

• View Profile
Okay. That works too. Thanks.

p.s. The only hassle on that is that I will wanna change the address back after the transfer. My friend doesn't live in my house :)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Okay. That works too. Thanks.

p.s. The only hassle on that is that I will wanna change the address back after the transfer. My friend doesn't live in my house :)
If your friend doesn't care about the account then just leave his address the same as yours.  Why does he care what address is listed on an SPG.com account he doesn't even care about?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline doublejay

• View Profile
I guess you are right. (Dunno figured one day... but now that I think about it I think acct. gets closed automatically after 1 yr. inactivity - so doesn't hurt).

Thanks Dan.

Offline Smokey Joe Robinson

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Best Western Diamond Elite, Marriott Rewards Silver, Hertz President's Circle, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, United Premier Silver
I heard that you can sign up for the Starwoods card for "Paul Smith" but when applying give "John Black's" Starwood number and JB will get the bonus.

Can anyone confirm this? I have a friend who wants to give me his starwoods miles when he applies.

Thx.
Why would s.o apply for a spg card when he doesnt even plan on using the rewards points for his spending (as he displayed  by wanting to give the signup ones to you), unless hes selling them to you?
My Programs Are Listed So That I Don't Forget Them :)

Offline doublejay

• View Profile
He's paying me back for helping him with other cards. It's my "commission". So I guess it's a sale of sorts...

Offline Smokey Joe Robinson

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Best Western Diamond Elite, Marriott Rewards Silver, Hertz President's Circle, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, United Premier Silver
He's paying me back for helping him with other cards. It's my "commission". So I guess it's a sale of sorts...
ok, kewl- as long as the boys are hooking each other up  ::)
My Programs Are Listed So That I Don't Forget Them :)

Offline MilesHoarder

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
is there a problem with changing my address on my SPG account more then once ? I will wait 30 days but if i change it then want to change it back to the original do you think that will raise a red flag?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
is there a problem with changing my address on my SPG account more then once ? I will wait 30 days but if i change it then want to change it back to the original do you think that will raise a red flag?

It might affect future transfers between SPG accounts.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)