Author Topic: Bottom Line AT&T or T-Mobile.........?  (Read 7575 times)

Offline mllymc

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Bottom Line AT&T or T-Mobile.........?
« on: March 04, 2009, 04:32:28 PM »
I'm currently with T-Mobile but my contract is over soon. I'm Thinking about switching to AT&T because they have Rollover Minutes.  So what do u think?

Offline Mordy

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Bottom Line AT&T or T-Mobile.........?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 12:06:36 PM »
Rollover minutes are REALLY nice, plus AT&T has a better network and 3G coverage (T-mobile just started their 3G network, whereas everyone else is prepping to rollout 4G).
The reason why I would never go to AT&T, however- they charge an arm and a leg for their services, and are less cooperative to their customers than T-Mobile is. They've sort of developed an arrogance ever since the iPhone came their way.
In other words, if/when you need to complain about something, I've always found T-mobile to be very willing to work with me and make sure I'm a happy customer- they care if they keep your business or not. AT&T has started to develop this "you don't like it? then leave" sort of attitude that reminds me of all the things I hate about big corporations like Verizon.

So, it comes down to this- if you're happy with your T-mobile coverage, and only want to switch for budgeting purposes, I think you'll get more for your money sticking with the pink T. A plan with a decent amount of rollover minutes will cost you as much as a plan with more minutes on T-mobile anyway. They know this, which is why they can offer it as a plan perk- it gives the illusion that the customer is saving money.

Food for thought: I had T-mobile for years, and loved them because they made me feel like I was valued as a customer. One time I called them up and asked a question about prorating a service, and out of the blue the rep told me "BTW, I see you are approaching your minute limit for this month- you've been a customer with us for a while, and we'd hate to see you upset with your plan so I'm going to give you 100 minutes for the month so you don't go over. But be careful in the future."
I *didn't* ask for this, or even mention anything about my minutes! I actually knew I was almost out of minutes, but the billing month ended soon after that so I was ok- this is just the sort of thing that doesn't really cost T-mobile much to do, but its important to them that I be a happy customer. That is why I enjoyed giving them my business.
Another time, they offered me a free phone replacement (actually an upgrade to the next model) after my phone had a mechanical error- and I had no insurance or anything on the handset. They didn't charge me or make me resign my contract- they considered it a warranty replacement because they want to make sure I can continue to use their service. I wish all corporations were like T-Mobile!
Good luck trying to get that kind of treatment with AT&T.

PS. I should add that I have switched to Sprint because the coverage is better than T-mobile, and they have fantastic 3G (I use a lot of data). Sprint isn't as nice as T-mobile, but they're still enough of an underdog that they want to keep my business.
Mobile Enthusiast Extraordinaire

Visit one of the Tech Blogs I write: http://www.techcitement.com

Offline men

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 01:37:16 PM »
right now t- mobile is running a loyalty special anyone who has been with them for over 22 month $49  a month unlimited nationwide calling no contract extension just call them and ask for the loyalty special

Offline mllymc

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 12:50:37 PM »
gr8 thanx

Offline Chaim171

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 02:03:34 AM »
right now t- mobile is running a loyalty special anyone who has been with them for over 22 month $49  a month unlimited nationwide calling no contract extension just call them and ask for the loyalty special
This Promo is only available in the San Francisco area now and it's strictly by invitation only!!!

Having said that, I'm very happy with T-mobile - I'm with them for approximately a year and a half now on BlackBerry plan. My plan is: $40.00 per month with 1,500 minutes (No nights & weekends though) and $20.00 for BlackBerry service. What's also is very important, T-Mobile lets you roam for free on AT&T network, so coverage, at least for me, is no concern.
I also have service with Sprint on SERO - Thank you Dan for introducing me to it!!! (free roaming on Verizon) so for the price of two underdogs I have four networks!!!
Also, it's possible to get an additional 10% discount from T-Mobile for all lines including T-Mobile@Home VOIP service (which, I had been using for almost 10 months now as my family's home phone service & love it) and equipment purchases. If anyone is interested, I will post the info here. Just let me know.
So, to answer the original poster, let AT&T offer Rollover Minutes - It's a nice marketing gimmick, but I would stick with T-Mo!!!

Offline mllymc

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 06:28:20 AM »
The promo is for all costomers that have been with T-mobile for 22 months & good standing... u just gotta ask for it  I did

Offline Chaim171

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 01:19:39 PM »
The promo is for all costomers that have been with T-mobile for 22 months & good standing... u just gotta ask for it  I did

Sounds great!!! Guess they initially rolled this out in the SF/Bay Area but now extended it nationwide.

Offline rk

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2009, 07:22:57 PM »
I just finished my verizon contract and am trying to figure out which company to switch to- verizon is really expensive and i want to find a cheaper plan! I was looking back on dansdeals and SERO looked great but I don't htink its usable any more. Suggestions anyone?? any good deals out there now- on any networks??

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2009, 08:31:43 PM »
I just finished my verizon contract and am trying to figure out which company to switch to- verizon is really expensive and i want to find a cheaper plan! I was looking back on dansdeals and SERO looked great but I don't htink its usable any more. Suggestions anyone?? any good deals out there now- on any networks??
You may be able to find a SERO plan for sale on ebay.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline JayR

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2014, 03:19:32 PM »
As of Feb 2014, at&t doesn't subsidize phone prices if you are eligible for an upgrade, so t-mobile might be a better option
You can modify your original post. The modify button is right next to the quote button.

Offline etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2014, 03:30:38 PM »
you might also want to ask around and see if either one has particularly poor reception where you live/work
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline zale

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2014, 03:44:28 PM »
As of Feb 2014, at&t doesn't subsidize phone prices if you are eligible for an upgrade, so t-mobile might be a better option

2009 called. They want their thread back.

Offline JayR

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2014, 04:17:46 PM »
Nothing wrong with trying to bring a good topic back from the dead. DDF has enough reposts already  ;)
You can modify your original post. The modify button is right next to the quote button.

Offline chucksterace

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 40
    • View Profile
    • LYNX IT Consulting
  • Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA Premier 1K; ; LY Plat; Hyatt Platinum; Hertz President's Circle; Avis President's Club
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2014, 04:33:05 PM »

Nothing wrong with trying to bring a good topic back from the dead. DDF has enough reposts already  ;)

+1

If I find very old thread that fits perfectly for my question are you always use that instead making a new one
You may not hold me responsible for any actions taken that were recommended from my account or username.

Offline real-brisker

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2014, 06:16:20 PM »
Enough already.

Be happy he searched and found a thread to post in.

Offline etech0

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2014, 06:31:51 PM »
Enough already.

Be happy he searched and found a thread to post in.
true! if he would have started a new thread how many people would have jumped on him for it?

Offline elit

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2014, 06:55:10 PM »
I have had both recently haven't noticed any real difference in cellular service. Price and plan should be the deciding factor

Offline etech0

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2014, 08:06:01 PM »
I have had both recently haven't noticed any real difference in cellular service. Price and plan should be the deciding factor
depends where. where I work t-mobile and sprint are terrible, and at&t is very good

Offline Sport

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2014, 08:09:18 PM »
Since thus thread is gaining Some traction, I'll ask here. Who has better Service in the Catskills, T-mobile or Sprint?

Offline zale

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2014, 12:27:51 PM »

Truthfully, this was an attempt at humor. But now that you started the conversation, it is pointless to bring up a thread from five years ago that has been long dead. Cell phone plans and services have completely evolved since this thread died. All four major providers have different policies, plans, towers and networks.

Nevertheless, I appreciate your attempt to keep the forums clean by not immediately starting new threads.