Topic Wiki

MAZEL TOV!!

Author Topic: MAZEL TOV DAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 52056 times)

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: MAZEL TOV DAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2011, 10:52:48 PM »
I never will understand why some women don't get an epidural. I think it's so they can hold it over you the rest of your life.
we also had a 20 plus hour delivery with petocin. fortunately with an epidural
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline MnM1130

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2011, 10:57:17 PM »
I never will understand why some women don't get an epidural. I think it's so they can hold it over you the rest of your life.
we also had a 20 plus hour delivery with petocin. fortunately with an epidural
cus lets say for one- im more scared of an epidural than a god intended natural birth. good reason? and not e/o ends up on pitocen needing an epidural... oh i wish more people were more educated on giving birth.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2011, 10:59:14 PM »
cus lets say for one- im more scared of an epidural than a god intended natural birth. good reason? and not e/o ends up on pitocen needing an epidural... oh i wish more people were more educated on giving birth.
Yup, that's what she was thinking going into it.
But I think if she did it over again she would get an epidural, at least before they started petocen when things really got bad.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline springles

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2011, 11:03:59 PM »
Mazel Tov! Now lets see what you can do with an extra SS# even if it is a minor.

Offline yaakov s

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2011, 11:05:19 PM »
I'd be shocked if my wife doesn't get an epidural next time.
I believe that the anti epidural movement is fueled by the doulas and birthing teachers to keep their business flowing. Keep your wife off the web for 9 months that way she won't research horror stories. This myth that real women don't do epidurals has fueled untold unnecessary pain.  God gave you the chance to mitigate the pain grab it. This natural movement makes me sick . I have a child who has permanent physical damage because we foolishly didn't utilize Hashems gift of medicine that he bestowed to our generation and now we are paying the price.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 11:11:41 PM by yaakov s »

Offline MnM1130

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2011, 11:30:22 PM »
I believe that the anti epidural movement is fueled by the doulas and birthing teachers to keep their business flowing. Keep your wife off the web for 9 months that way she won't research horror stories. This myth that real women don't do epidurals has fueled untold unnecessary pain.  God gave you the chance to mitigate the pain grab it. This natural movement makes me sick . I have a child who has permanent physical damage because we foolishly didn't utilize Hashems gift of medicine that he bestowed to our generation and now we are paying the price.
I hate to admit that any child that has a problem god forbid was meant to have it. PERIOD. not cus of such and such, and this and that... stop blaming anyone or anything on things that god intended to happen. I see a woman quite often rolling around in a wheelchair cus she had an epidural and she was the one in a few that got paralyzed... and shes prob still kicking herself saying- if i wudda just let hashemdo his work maybe i wouldnt be paralyzed now... say wtvr u want.... (im not a doula) but giving birth naturally is the best way to go about giving birth. Anything that happens.. is what hashem wants regardless of anything u do. And yes... there are times when woman should use an epidural- i agree... but to say that every woman should use it cus god put it out there to use is pretty much the most foolish thing a woman can think.

Offline Yellow

• View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Hertz #1 gold, Accor Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2011, 11:37:22 PM »
Mazel tov dan! Such great news

Offline yaakov s

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2011, 01:05:14 AM »
I hate to admit that any child that has a problem god forbid was meant to have it. PERIOD. not cus of such and such, and this and that... stop blaming anyone or anything on things that god intended to happen. I see a woman quite often rolling around in a wheelchair cus she had an epidural and she was the one in a few that got paralyzed... and shes prob still kicking herself saying- if i wudda just let hashemdo his work maybe i wouldnt be paralyzed now... say wtvr u want.... (im not a doula) but giving birth naturally is the best way to go about giving birth. Anything that happens.. is what hashem wants regardless of anything u do. And yes... there are times when woman should use an epidural- i agree... but to say that every woman should use it cus god put it out there to use is pretty much the most foolish thing a woman can think.
As a practicing Orthodox Jew I must respectfully disagree with your statements. We are commanded by the Torah to utilize doctors and use medicine. Yes one must not question why God has caused  things to happen and if so decreed any medicine used won't be effective. However one is at fault if he didn't do every option available to him. ( I suggest one listens to a Shiur from Rabbi Shafier who explained this basic Jewish concept beautifully).One has to treat cancer , set broken bones etc. .So yes one is at fault is he was negligent and didn't follow medical advice. In my case I was sucked in to "natural" treatments so I am guilty, albeit by being misled of not following his commandments . 

While an epidural is different in it being a pain reliever not a cure and thus wouldn't warrant being labeled an aveira for not using it,  I wonder if foreign  concepts have crept into our camp thus causing untold pain to many a women.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 01:11:48 AM by yaakov s »

Offline MnM1130

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2011, 01:11:05 AM »
As a practicing Orthodox Jew I must respectfully disagree with your statements. We are commanded by the Torah to utilize doctors and use medicine. Yes one must not question why God has caused  things to happen and if so decreed any medicine used won't be effective. However one is at fault if he didn't do every option available to him. ( I suggest one listens to a Shiur from Rabbi Shafier who explained this basic Jewish concept beautifully).One has to treat cancer , set broken bones etc. . While an epidural is different in it being a pain reliever not a cure and thus wouldn't warrant being labeled an aveira for not using it,  I wonder if foreign  concepts have crept into our camps thus causing untold pain to many a women.
huh? u totally confused me. and if i think i understand what your saying.... u make no sense.

Offline yaakov s

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2011, 01:19:49 AM »
huh? u totally confused me. and if i think i understand what your saying.... u make no sense.
don't worry being confused every once in while is good for ones mind

Offline world2see

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2011, 01:20:24 AM »
like the dr. told my father in law"all woman should get an epidural the second they find out their pregnant" ;D mazel tov dan,lots of nachos!!!!

Offline Deal Guy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2011, 01:47:28 AM »
Mazal Tov Dan!! Happy you got in so many vacations till now.

May you have tons of nachas. At least you will soon have someone to help you run this site. ;D

Offline Saver2000

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2011, 01:57:01 AM »
Mazel Tov! Lots of nachas!

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2011, 02:02:01 AM »
Mazel Tov!!! May he grow up to be like Avraham Yitzchok and Yakov (Dan I think I gave you that bracha at your bar mitzva ;) Jbtw its to bad there are no hotels in the frum part of Cleveland for the DO/shalom zachor/bris.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 02:24:51 AM by jj1000 »
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline Aben

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2011, 02:17:15 AM »
Mazal tov!!
He should be a source of nachas to his parents and grandparents and all of klal yisroel and most importantly HIMSELF!

Offline ashers

• View Profile
Re: MAZAL TOV DAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2011, 02:21:45 AM »
MAZAL TOV!
Babies are such a nice way to start people  :)
it CAN be done!

Offline chuchem

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2011, 02:31:34 AM »
My wife had 3 children without a epidural and does not regret it. Epidural can have alot of side effects, we know people that had them. So its a risk. People are in a  weelchair for the rest of their life because of it. People that have a 48h labour and are to weak later, have no choice, but "normal" birth, i dont agree to it.

Offline BAHayman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2011, 02:35:43 AM »
Mazal Tov!

Offline businessmachine

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2011, 07:58:55 AM »
Mazal Tov Dan!!!!

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2011, 08:42:04 AM »
Without a doubt the doula and my wife's friends that took bradley courses were an influence to not get an epidural.  But her friends were shocked that she managed to go 28 hours in labor and 5 hours on petocin without an epidural.  Even she doesn't understand how she managed now.

I'm not convinced in makes sense,  but I do understand the arguments of both sides.  It's a lot of unnecessary pain that creates a good job for the doula.  But there are complications of an epidural, not least of all having a big needle stuck in your back and not being able to push as effectively or even being able to go to the bathroom.

YMMV I suppose...Personally I think for a 2 hour labor like my wife's friend in CLE had last week it makes sense to go natural, but for a long labor, especially with petocin, it's a little extreme to not get an epidural.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.