Author Topic: Amazing WYNDHAM targeted promotion  (Read 3182 times)

Offline chaim0m

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Amazing WYNDHAM targeted promotion
« on: November 28, 2017, 04:03:47 PM »
This week I joined the Wyndham rewards program and booked my first GoFast night with them (see this thread for more on that:http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=84346.0 )
After completing my booking (3k+$65) I was told if I listened to a promotional offer then I would receive 500 points so I figured why not, the following ensued:
1. I was transferred to a rep, who asked me a series of questions to see if I qualified, most on this group would, my only regret is that I said I was married (which is true but prevented me from getting a free vacation).
2. once I was qualified, she asked where I would consider going on vacation, she mentioned a bunch of places including Myrtle Beach, Las Vegas and Alexandria (near DC). I said Alexandria. She mentioned they have some 30+ properties qualifying for this offer US only.
3. She then proceeded to offer me a 3 night stay for $230 BUT with a $200 amex gift card+15k wyndham points. In order to qualify me and wife (hence don't say you are married) would need to listen to 120 minute presentation on timeshares. I said I would need to consult my wife (I live in Israel so hard to know if I would use this). DW said no go.
4. I said DW said no, she then offered 3 nights $200 with $200 amex gift card  + $100 Wyndham credit +15K points (enough for a free stay on any of their properties no blackout dates). Same conditions.
5. I still said no because she said that can only be refunded within 7 days, she then offered to extend the refund to 15 days, I declined.
6. She then said if I would listen to another promotion I would get a $25 rebate of any stay at Wyndham, I said OK.
7. Was transferred to another rep who signed me up for some Traveller benefits service that costs $16 per month with 30 days free, no matter what I would get a $50 rebate even if I cancelled within 30 days.
8. What did I get: 500 points + a promise on a $50 rebate for a stay that cost $98, could have gotten much more if I was willing to plan ahead. I need to cancel this membership as not to incur unnecessary expenses but the rebate seemed to me significant to justify setting a reminder.
I would assume this offer is for new members of their club nonetheless seemed to me like a fantastic deal especially the second offer.

(parenthetically I also discussed with her NYC, it would be the same conditions for $350+$75 amex gift card+15K points still a good deal IMO)
travelcm

Offline Ygold

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing WYNDHAM targeted promotion
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 04:31:43 PM »
LOLLLL!!!!
 ;D ;D ;D
Shout out to Meshugener!

Offline ADG

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 04:41:07 PM »
its not bad but its not a deal. They are trying to sell you on the time share so they are paying you to listen.

Offline chaim0m

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 05:11:02 PM »
its not bad but its not a deal. They are trying to sell you on the time share so they are paying you to listen.
Why not? what do you care to listen to someone blabber about something for a free vacation.
travelcm

Offline shapsam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 05:26:10 PM »
This week I joined the Wyndham rewards program and booked my first GoFast night with them (see this thread for more on that:http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=84346.0 )
After completing my booking (3k+$65) I was told if I listened to a promotional offer then I would receive 500 points so I figured why not, the following ensued:
1. I was transferred to a rep, who asked me a series of questions to see if I qualified, most on this group would, my only regret is that I said I was married (which is true but prevented me from getting a free vacation).
2. once I was qualified, she asked where I would consider going on vacation, she mentioned a bunch of places including Myrtle Beach, Las Vegas and Alexandria (near DC). I said Alexandria. She mentioned they have some 30+ properties qualifying for this offer US only.
3. She then proceeded to offer me a 3 night stay for $230 BUT with a $200 amex gift card+15k wyndham points. In order to qualify me and wife (hence don't say you are married) would need to listen to 120 minute presentation on timeshares. I said I would need to consult my wife (I live in Israel so hard to know if I would use this). DW said no go.
4. I said DW said no, she then offered 3 nights $200 with $200 amex gift card  + $100 Wyndham credit +15K points (enough for a free stay on any of their properties no blackout dates). Same conditions.
5. I still said no because she said that can only be refunded within 7 days, she then offered to extend the refund to 15 days, I declined.
6. She then said if I would listen to another promotion I would get a $25 rebate of any stay at Wyndham, I said OK.
7. Was transferred to another rep who signed me up for some Traveller benefits service that costs $16 per month with 30 days free, no matter what I would get a $50 rebate even if I cancelled within 30 days.
8. What did I get: 500 points + a promise on a $50 rebate for a stay that cost $98, could have gotten much more if I was willing to plan ahead. I need to cancel this membership as not to incur unnecessary expenses but the rebate seemed to me significant to justify setting a reminder.
I would assume this offer is for new members of their club nonetheless seemed to me like a fantastic deal especially the second offer.

(parenthetically I also discussed with her NYC, it would be the same conditions for $350+$75 amex gift card+15K points still a good deal IMO)

I did this but had to cancel (within 15 days) and in order to get a refund I had to send a written letter...

Offline ADG

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2017, 05:37:15 PM »
Why not? what do you care to listen to someone blabber about something for a free vacation.

I guess you can call it a deal if you want...  I am more interested to about the booking in Jerusalem. I have been trying to book a night or 2 on chol hamoed with no luck. did you HUCA for availability?

Offline shapsam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2017, 06:08:51 PM »
I guess you can call it a deal if you want...  I am more interested to about the booking in Jerusalem. I have been trying to book a night or 2 on chol hamoed with no luck. did you HUCA for availability?

April 2-4 is available for C&P. Which number are you calling?

Offline Yammer

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2017, 06:59:40 PM »
I've done a Wyndham time share. They are very generous and we had a nice time.

I received the $350 Amex GC + 3 night stay.

( Btw they have babysitting service so kids won't get you out quicker...)

Offline Qwertyuiop

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2017, 08:25:17 PM »
These timeshares scam is just that. And BTW everyone has these offers not just Wyndham.

Offline chaim0m

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2017, 10:14:37 PM »
These timeshares scam is just that. And BTW everyone has these offers not just Wyndham.
How is it a scam? Do they not deliver on what they promised? No one is forcing you to do anything, I am surprised at the resistance of people to hear a 2 hour sales pitch, what could happen to a shrewd ddfer...also, how is this so different than fulfilling other signup requirements for various programs (spending/flying/staying etc.)?
Also where else can I get this kind of offer would love to know?
travelcm

Offline ludmila

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2017, 12:39:45 AM »
How is it a scam? Do they not deliver on what they promised? No one is forcing you to do anything, I am surprised at the resistance of people to hear a 2 hour sales pitch, what could happen to a shrewd ddfer...also, how is this so different than fulfilling other signup requirements for various programs (spending/flying/staying etc.)?
Also where else can I get this kind of offer would love to know?
You do have a point.
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2017, 02:35:56 AM »
Eh, go join @henche in the Bitcoin thread.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 03:07:33 AM by Emkay »

Offline Yammer

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2017, 02:45:14 AM »
[/quote ]

Timeshares free vacations definitely isn't a scam. There are some companies that are scams, but Wyndham or any other hotel chain are 100% legit.

Offline ludmila

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2017, 03:06:57 AM »
Eh, go join @hence in the Bitcoin thread.
Did you mean @henche ? :)
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.