Author Topic: Rate the airlines for comfort, etc.  (Read 1886 times)

Offline ckuttner

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Rate the airlines for comfort, etc.
« on: November 28, 2017, 07:06:54 PM »
I've previously posted about plans we have to go to Israel in June from Portland, OR. Trying to use Alaska Miles, even from NYC, has been a disappointment--at least for now, they have nothing that would let us get Business class across the Atlantic, and in fact, we're limited to British Airways vs. Icelandic, with other partners (Condor among them) having no seats for miles. (Don't get me wrong, their search engine will let us get flights on British or Icelandic, but only Coach for the long part of the trip.)

So I see specials advertised on dansdeals for United, Delta, El Al, sometimes Turkish or Ukranian (both of the latter seem creepy to me)--so my question is this:
  If you were buying tickets to fly Coach to Israel, which airlines do you find comfortable, which do you find horrible?

Thanks in advance...

Offline ludmila

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
Re: Rate the airlines for comfort, etc.
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 12:21:29 AM »
I've previously posted about plans we have to go to Israel in June from Portland, OR. Trying to use Alaska Miles, even from NYC, has been a disappointment--at least for now, they have nothing that would let us get Business class across the Atlantic, and in fact, we're limited to British Airways vs. Icelandic, with other partners (Condor among them) having no seats for miles. (Don't get me wrong, their search engine will let us get flights on British or Icelandic, but only Coach for the long part of the trip.)

So I see specials advertised on dansdeals for United, Delta, El Al, sometimes Turkish or Ukranian (both of the latter seem creepy to me)--so my question is this:
  If you were buying tickets to fly Coach to Israel, which airlines do you find comfortable, which do you find horrible?

Thanks in advance...
Turkish is not creepy :)I fly them to Israel in business all the time, very happy with them.
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.

Offline ad120

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 12:34:12 AM »

Thanks in advance...
PS business class is one of the worst products ut there. Turkish is pretty good.
I would say it all depends on your connection.

Offline ckuttner

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 11:08:40 AM »
>PS business class is one of the worst products ut there. Turkish is pretty good.

Please explain...the times we've taken Business Class (SAS, KLM, and particularly Cathay Pacific) it's been quite pleasant. Not that I'd pay full price for that, but there are occasional deals with points. Why "one of the worst products"?

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 11:22:47 AM »
>PS business class is one of the worst products ut there. Turkish is pretty good.

Please explain...the times we've taken Business Class (SAS, KLM, and particularly Cathay Pacific) it's been quite pleasant. Not that I'd pay full price for that, but there are occasional deals with points. Why "one of the worst products"?
Google PS business class.

Offline chff

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 25
    • View Profile
  • Programs: All of them...
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2017, 11:27:35 AM »

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2016/11/04/ukraine-airlines-767-business-class/

Offline ckuttner

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2017, 11:32:57 AM »
OY....watch me not take Ukraine Business Class. As to googling PS Business Class, the one review I found (Travelskills.com) sounded positive about United's version. I despise United on domestic flights.

Offline ad120

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2017, 12:07:14 PM »
OY....watch me not take Ukraine Business Class. As to googling PS Business Class, the one review I found (Travelskills.com) sounded positive about United's version. I despise United on domestic flights.
Considering you are flying out of PDX, more best option would be to fly United connecting in SFO.