Author Topic: IHG "free 3 days"  (Read 1143 times)

Offline mee

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
IHG "free 3 days"
« on: December 03, 2017, 08:23:52 PM »
i just got an offer from ihg, 200$ for 3 nights 20000 points 100 dollers cash back and 100$ voucher it can only be at one of 8 new hotels and needs to be used withen a year
you need to sit thru a 2 hour session offering some stuff  and pay now weather or not you use it
i aperiantly only got this offer becouse i am a platnuim member which i did by signing up
did anyone else get this
is it a scam
i got transfer d to this call by a person from one of there hotels but it sounds too good 2 be true

Offline ReadsTheT&C

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: IHG "free 3 days"
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 10:28:33 AM »
It's a timeshare presentation with a non-refundable purchase price. Not necessarily a scam but definitely more of a hassle than they let on. https://medium.com/@sebastmarsh/free-holiday-inn-club-vacation-or-a-story-about-bamboozlement-as-a-sales-qualifying-tool-6de4dce64b21

Just google Holiday Inn Club Vacations and you'll learn everything you need to know. Not a lot of 5 star reviews out there.

Offline Dgindi

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 09:52:47 AM »
I did it in Williamsburg, VA this past summer. IHG even threw in a pair of Busch gardens tix as well. In my experience, they weren’t as pushy as other time share people, but it is not worth the time share cost. I’ve been to much more temptimg time share presentations, and IHGs is a rip off in comparison.

Besides they set you up in a simple 3-3.5 Star IHG hotel... holiday inn etc... nothing spectacular.
I guess if you are on a tight budget it works.

Offline Yammer

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 11:03:00 AM »
I did it in Williamsburg, VA this past summer. IHG even threw in a pair of Busch gardens tix as well. In my experience, they weren’t as pushy as other time share people, but it is not worth the time share cost. I’ve been to much more temptimg time share presentations, and IHGs is a rip off in comparison.

Besides they set you up in a simple 3-3.5 Star IHG hotel... holiday inn etc... nothing spectacular.
I guess if you are on a tight budget it works.
Timeshares from hotel chains usually aren't as pushy. They want you to walk away with a good feeling about their brand. (Of course its not always the case )