Author Topic: BREAKING: Marriott / Spg choose both @AmericanExpress AND @Chase as cobrand partners going forward.  (Read 4799 times)

Offline a good yeshiva bachur

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile

Online yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
At least half seems made up to me.
+1, it's just his wild conjecturing under the guise of credit card advice, while the real reason is to sell CC apps.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Online yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
+1, it's just his wild conjecturing under the guise of credit card advice, while the real reason is to sell CC apps.
Exactly.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Sounds like boich svaros to me.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline pashakym

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Happened to me with Citi Hilton, when they lost to Amex I think Ben (or maybe not) published that its a good time to get this card.
I thought that it was BS and Citi Hilton will not go away that fast. It went away just a week after that post. 

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Happened to me with Citi Hilton, when they lost to Amex I think Ben (or maybe not) published that its a good time to get this card.
I thought that it was BS and Citi Hilton will not go away that fast. It went away just a week after that post.
That doesn't mean anything.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
It was already known that Citi lost the portfolio to AMEX.

For the SPG card, I'd hold out for another LTO or listen for actual rumors of it going away.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline davidmal

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 239
    • View Profile
It was already known that Citi lost the portfolio to AMEX.

For the SPG card, I'd hold out for another LTO or listen for actual rumors of it going away.
Do you think the Marriott Card will be turned into the Co branded card or will that be a whole new card
-DMC
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it ~Ferris Bueller"

Offline pashakym

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Here is a new update

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea.com/2017/12/11/future-marriott-starwood-credit-cards

Per Gary:

"...On Tuesday Marriott told me, “both companies will continue to offer their current products and even after the new products are introduced, members may continue to use them.”..."