Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

5% categories for fourth quarter of 2017:
Dept. stores and Walmart

There are three possibilities for how many points are earned. In the following examples, the effective rates are assuming you cash out the points for 1 cent each, but if you can transfer them to Sapphire Preferred or Ink, the effective rate could be much higher.
  • Cardholders without a Chase checking account
    1 base point per dollar for all spending. Additional 4 bonus points per dollar for spending up to $1500 in quarterly categories.
    Example 1: Spend $1 on a parking meter. Earn 1 point, an effective rate of 1%.
    Example 2: Spend $10 to refill a Metrocard in 2016 Q1. Earn 50 points, an effective rate of 5%.
    Example 3: Spend $100 to buy a Long Island Rail Road Peak Ten-Trip ticket between zones 1 and 3 in 2016 Q1. Earn 500 points, an effective rate of 5%.
    Example 4: Spend $1500 at 7-Eleven in 2016 Q1. Earn 7500 points, an effective rate of 5%.
  • Cardholders with a Chase checking account in older program
    1 base point per dollar plus 10% of the base points plus 10 points per transaction for all spending. Additional 4 bonus points per dollar for spending up to $1500 in quarterly categories.
    Example 1: Spend $1 on a parking meter. Earn 11.1 points, an effective rate of 11.1%.
    Example 2: Spend $10 to refill a Metrocard in 2016 Q1. Earn 61 points, an effective rate of 6.1%.
    Example 3: Spend $100 to buy a Long Island Rail Road Peak Ten-Trip ticket between zones 1 and 3 in 2016 Q1. Earn 520 points, an effective rate of 5.2%.
    Example 4: Spend $1500 at 7-Eleven in 2016 Q1. Earn 7660 points, an effective rate of 5.11%.
  • Cardholders with a Chase checking account in newer program
    1 base point per dollar for all spending. Additional 4 bonus points per dollar for spending up to $1500 in quarterly categories. Annual bonus of 10% of the total of base and bonus points (until February 2016).
    Example 1: Spend $1 on a parking meter. Earn 1 point on the next statement and .1 points at year's end, an effective rate of 1.1%.
    Example 2: Spend $10 to refill a Metrocard in 2016 Q1. Earn 50 points on the next statement and 5 points at year's end, an effective rate of 5.5%.
    Example 3: Spend $100 to buy a Long Island Rail Road Peak Ten-Trip ticket between zones 1 and 3 in 2016 Q1. Earn 500 points on the next statement and 50 points at year's end, an effective rate of 5.5%.
    Example 4: Spend $1500 at 7-Eleven in 2016 Q1. Earn 7500 points on the next statement and 750 points at year's end, an effective rate of 5.5%.

« Last edited by jj1000 on March 14, 2018, 12:39:32 PM »

Author Topic: Chase Freedom Master Thread  (Read 566471 times)

Offline joey123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Location: Modern Mashgiach at Chovevei (YCT) #ResidentMashgiach
  • Programs: Daven for the Chayalim #IStandWithIsrael
Re: Chase Freedom Master Thread
« Reply #1200 on: July 29, 2014, 01:56:11 PM »

the least you could do is, preempt the statement with a disclaimer that it's your opinion/assumption
agreed. I was going to do that right before I posted, but I am on tapatalk and an juggling a lot of things as we speak. I was just trying to help someone out. LetS not make a huge deal about this
To the nOObs out there, feel free to PM with q's. #AlwaysTakesTheHighRoad #LovesHashTags

Offline ah

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: July 29, 2014, 01:59:01 PM »
okay. It was more than an assumption, but I hear what you are saying. Also, the worst that could hAve come out of it is that the Op would have cAlled for 2 minutes. I accept the criticism but this forum has much bigger issues than me? It happens to everyone, btw #justSayin #NoOneIsPerfect
Really? That's the rationale? I'm trying to be nice, but no, other things can happen as well, members may use your wrong information and it will effect their next move, for all you know the OP was at the gas station, trying to figure out if it's worth using their card if they haven't yet enrolled...and that's only this particular situation. This is a serious forum, with people looking for first hand, proven knowledge. We all appreciate any of that that you contribute. These hashtags etc I believe really belong elsewhere. You have been defensive a number of times saying everyone here is intense, no, we are not intense, yes, this is a fun place, but it's a serious place, we are adults dealing with our money here, and money is very serious.

Offline joey123

• View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: July 29, 2014, 02:01:26 PM »
Okay then. #ChillOut #HashtagIs4U
To the nOObs out there, feel free to PM with q's. #AlwaysTakesTheHighRoad #LovesHashTags

Offline joey123

• View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: July 29, 2014, 02:03:15 PM »

Okay then. #ChillOut #HashtagIs4U
Also based on my answer, he would have still used the chase freedom at the gas station. I am also using real money. Your intensity is amusing. Chiam moskowitz is completely with me on this one.

Offline joey123

• View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: July 29, 2014, 02:06:33 PM »

Also based on my answer, he would have still used the chase freedom at the gas station. I am also using real money. Your intensity is amusing. Chiam moskowitz is completely with me on this one.
At least we get a good laugh about your intensity. You should only be up tight and intense about this game is you don't know what you are doing or acting illegally. There is really nothing else to gets worked up about

Offline joey123

• View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: July 29, 2014, 02:07:56 PM »

At least we get a good laugh about your intensity. You should only be up tight and intense about this game is you don't know what you are doing or acting illegally. There is really nothing else to gets worked up about
Btw read the igerea harabAn on living a more chilled existence- follow in the words or our sages #Worthwhile

Offline Dr Moose

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: July 29, 2014, 02:08:20 PM »
Can you please stop quoting yourself. if you have more things to add, just edit your original post
Hey there! I am using DansDeals Forums.

Offline joey123

• View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: July 29, 2014, 02:09:50 PM »

Can you please stop quoting yourself. if you have more things to add, just edit your original post
So good that it's worth quoting #JustKidding #myBad

Offline Dr Moose

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: July 29, 2014, 02:11:01 PM »
and the hashtags #have #got #to #stop
Hey there! I am using DansDeals Forums.

Offline ah

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: July 29, 2014, 02:13:50 PM »
Listen Joey, we all know you mean well, but this PM after my post says it all...
You're my hero  :D
just stop, take a step back and digest the "intense" comments you tend to brush off as other people having issues

Offline MC

• View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: July 29, 2014, 02:14:37 PM »
Really? That's the rationale? I'm trying to be nice, but no, other things can happen as well, members may use your wrong information and it will effect their next move, for all you know the OP was at the gas station, trying to figure out if it's worth using their card if they haven't yet enrolled...and that's only this particular situation. This is a serious forum, with people looking for first hand, proven knowledge. We all appreciate any of that that you contribute. These hashtags etc I believe really belong elsewhere. You have been defensive a number of times saying everyone here is intense, no, we are not intense, yes, this is a fun place, but it's a serious place, we are adults dealing with our money here, and money is very serious.
+1
@joey123, I don't doubt that you mean well, but when your mistaken opinions/assumptions come across as facts, some of the less knowledgeable members on here can end up losing out. Please take your time and read at least half as much as you post... it might do you some good. At the very least it will save you from being in the line of fire from others.

Offline etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #1211 on: July 29, 2014, 02:19:55 PM »
+1
@joey123, I don't doubt that you mean well, but when your mistaken opinions/assumptions come across as facts, some of the less knowledgeable members on here can end up losing out. Please take your time and read at least half as much as you post... it might do you some good. At the very least it will save you from being in the line of fire from others.
I agree. And now that I think we all get the point, can we move on? Or do we have to rehash this more first?
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline joey123

• View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: July 29, 2014, 02:24:21 PM »

I agree. And now that I think we all get the point, can we move on? Or do we have to rehash this more first?
I have moved on already. No hard feelings. I don't know any of you anyway. You said your point I agreed, and then everyone got a little out of control (maybe only me) lol. Over

Offline ckmk47

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: July 29, 2014, 02:29:22 PM »
I feel compelled to make a pun:
#hashtag

NOW I can move on.
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline zlt123

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: July 29, 2014, 02:30:53 PM »
joey123 iam really sorry, that beacuse of me you got such a rant from other DDFers, BUT one of than was actuelly right about almost not using my Freedom i was gonne use my Ink.

Offline joey123

• View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: July 29, 2014, 02:31:28 PM »

I feel compelled to make a pun:  #hashtag

NOW I can move on.
Lol #LoveIt Keep'emComing

Offline joey123

• View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: July 29, 2014, 02:33:00 PM »

joey123 iam really sorry, that beacuse of me you got such a rant from other DDFers, BUT one of than was actuelly right about almost not using my Freedom i was gonne use my Ink.
lol. Did it work out in the end? Sorry if I screwed u up. I can donate the points to I if you want. They are not a lot and Are inconsequential to me. pm

Offline zlt123

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: July 29, 2014, 02:36:51 PM »
dont worry i saw Dans post before i even had  chance to screw up but apolegy accepted

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #1218 on: July 29, 2014, 02:37:23 PM »
That's enough guys.
Please stay on topic.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: July 29, 2014, 02:39:36 PM »
best to leave me out of these.
I just found a new supply of forks!