Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

5% categories for fourth quarter of 2017:
Dept. stores and Walmart

There are three possibilities for how many points are earned. In the following examples, the effective rates are assuming you cash out the points for 1 cent each, but if you can transfer them to Sapphire Preferred or Ink, the effective rate could be much higher.
  • Cardholders without a Chase checking account
    1 base point per dollar for all spending. Additional 4 bonus points per dollar for spending up to $1500 in quarterly categories.
    Example 1: Spend $1 on a parking meter. Earn 1 point, an effective rate of 1%.
    Example 2: Spend $10 to refill a Metrocard in 2016 Q1. Earn 50 points, an effective rate of 5%.
    Example 3: Spend $100 to buy a Long Island Rail Road Peak Ten-Trip ticket between zones 1 and 3 in 2016 Q1. Earn 500 points, an effective rate of 5%.
    Example 4: Spend $1500 at 7-Eleven in 2016 Q1. Earn 7500 points, an effective rate of 5%.
  • Cardholders with a Chase checking account in older program
    1 base point per dollar plus 10% of the base points plus 10 points per transaction for all spending. Additional 4 bonus points per dollar for spending up to $1500 in quarterly categories.
    Example 1: Spend $1 on a parking meter. Earn 11.1 points, an effective rate of 11.1%.
    Example 2: Spend $10 to refill a Metrocard in 2016 Q1. Earn 61 points, an effective rate of 6.1%.
    Example 3: Spend $100 to buy a Long Island Rail Road Peak Ten-Trip ticket between zones 1 and 3 in 2016 Q1. Earn 520 points, an effective rate of 5.2%.
    Example 4: Spend $1500 at 7-Eleven in 2016 Q1. Earn 7660 points, an effective rate of 5.11%.
  • Cardholders with a Chase checking account in newer program
    1 base point per dollar for all spending. Additional 4 bonus points per dollar for spending up to $1500 in quarterly categories. Annual bonus of 10% of the total of base and bonus points (until February 2016).
    Example 1: Spend $1 on a parking meter. Earn 1 point on the next statement and .1 points at year's end, an effective rate of 1.1%.
    Example 2: Spend $10 to refill a Metrocard in 2016 Q1. Earn 50 points on the next statement and 5 points at year's end, an effective rate of 5.5%.
    Example 3: Spend $100 to buy a Long Island Rail Road Peak Ten-Trip ticket between zones 1 and 3 in 2016 Q1. Earn 500 points on the next statement and 50 points at year's end, an effective rate of 5.5%.
    Example 4: Spend $1500 at 7-Eleven in 2016 Q1. Earn 7500 points on the next statement and 750 points at year's end, an effective rate of 5.5%.

« Last edited by jj1000 on March 14, 2018, 12:39:32 PM »

Author Topic: Chase Freedom Master Thread  (Read 563666 times)

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Re: Chase Freedom
« Reply #460 on: June 14, 2012, 10:53:45 PM »
Does it say anywhere that it is officially not allowed? Does it only cause problems (A/A) when transferring large amounts or even a couple thousand points?

Yes. Don't know.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Thingywingy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 14, 2012, 11:11:36 PM »
Yes. Don't know.
Do you have link to where it says it's not allowed?
I am sometimes accused of overthinking things. I am still mulling over whether that accusation has merit.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #462 on: June 14, 2012, 11:14:00 PM »

Look at the UR T&C, don't feel like doing your legwork, with all due respect.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: June 14, 2012, 11:19:31 PM »

Yes:

Can I combine the points I earn from other Chase Ultimate Rewards cards?

Yes. You can combine points or rebates from any eligible credit or debit card with Ultimate Rewards.

Note: Once points are transferred, they cannot be credited back. Transfers may only be used to combine points belonging to the same individual or business in the program; or for the purpose of enabling spouses or domestic partners to combine points. Chase will not make the transfer if the credit card account(s) or checking account(s), as applicable, are in default at the time of the transfer.

Look at the UR T&C, don't feel like doing your legwork, with all due respect.

UR has T&Cs online? I only see Chase(not UR-specific) T&C which doesn't discuss this.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Thingywingy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: June 14, 2012, 11:33:57 PM »
I hear. Thanks. So is there any way to transfer points from my freedom into BA points without risking A/A? I just downgraded my Saphire Preffered.
I am sometimes accused of overthinking things. I am still mulling over whether that accusation has merit.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #465 on: June 14, 2012, 11:36:21 PM »
@AsherO, yes. They're there. I've posted to 'em before I believe.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: June 14, 2012, 11:50:03 PM »
@AsherO, yes. They're there. I've posted to 'em before I believe.

You mean you linked to them on here?

I only found a mention from you, not a link:

Their terms and conditions. My brother was also AA'd by Chase and he got 1cpm. Don't think you have much of a leg to stand on with regard to the claim. FWIU, they were being nice by even giving 1cpm.

Their game, their rules. Just how it works.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Yeki89

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: June 15, 2012, 12:03:18 AM »
anyone buying shoprite gift cards to stock up on 5%?

Offline bubbles

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: June 15, 2012, 12:04:16 AM »
anyone buying shoprite gift cards to stock up on 5%?

you still have left over?  :D

Offline Yeki89

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: June 15, 2012, 08:11:50 AM »
i have 2 accounts

Offline bubbles

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: June 17, 2012, 08:18:55 PM »
registration is now open for next quarters categories (gas, restaurants)

Offline meshugener

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #471 on: June 17, 2012, 11:51:55 PM »
And its still open for the current categories of groceries and movie.
Just activated mine over the phone. (Had to do a HUCA.)
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline Yitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: June 18, 2012, 07:53:46 AM »
And its still open for the current categories of groceries and movie.
Just activated mine over the phone. (Had to do a HUCA.)
Why a HUCA

Offline steeeveknowsbest

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: June 18, 2012, 08:55:11 AM »
Why a HUCA
Because enrollment in the last quarter ended already, (as usual meshugener is banking on a csr making an exception, yet he broadcasts his experience as some sort of proof that the systems and techniques and rules of the game are defunct)

Offline meshugener

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #474 on: June 18, 2012, 10:25:56 AM »
Cutie.
It was Sunday so I got a rep living in Afghanistan, he didn't understand English welll, so I didn't expect him to be able to help me with anything more than reading for me my last 5 transactions, so I HUCA and asked for a sup who was American and 'was more than happy to help me'.... And activated both categories in one shot.
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #475 on: June 18, 2012, 01:20:05 PM »
Cutie.
It was Sunday so I got a rep living in Afghanistan, he didn't understand English welll, so I didn't expect him to be able to help me with anything more than reading for me my last 5 transactions, so I HUCA and asked for a sup who was American and 'was more than happy to help me'.... And activated both categories in one shot.

A) I'm not sure I'm a fan of all the terms of endearment being thrown around, especially when they are used pejoratively.
B) If what you're saying is true, there would be zero relevancy to mentioning in your first comment that you "(Had to do a HUCA.)" Sorry, gotta call a spade a spade.

Offline golan

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: June 20, 2012, 03:10:35 PM »
Don't know if this was mentioned but u got until the 30 th for grocery stores.....so if you live near a Kroger supermarket and didnt spend yet 1500, this is great.
Krogers has a promo now until sep 30  that for every 100 points ( dollars) you get 10cents of every gallon at shell per fillup.
Spend 500$ at krogers by buying visa gift card pay yourself via amazon get 2500 ur points and 10cents off per gallon for 5 fillups at shell
( if you are close  to a Kroger gas station this is even better- u can up to 2 $ off a gallon per fillup)

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #477 on: June 20, 2012, 05:33:21 PM »
@golan, nice!

Offline smurf

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: June 20, 2012, 05:38:00 PM »
Don't know if this was mentioned but u got until the 30 th for grocery stores.....so if you live near a Kroger supermarket and didnt spend yet 1500, this is great.
Krogers has a promo now until sep 30  that for every 100 points ( dollars) you get 10cents of every gallon at shell per fillup.
Spend 500$ at krogers by buying visa gift card pay yourself via amazon get 2500 ur points and 10cents off per gallon for 5 fillups at shell
( if you are close  to a Kroger gas station this is even better- u can up to 2 $ off a gallon per fillup)
I believe dan does the same with giant eagle fuelperks

Offline TC610

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: June 25, 2012, 01:35:08 PM »
If you're still short on the spending this quarter, buying $100 worth of Visa gift cards at Giant Eagle this week will get you a $10 coupon to use on your next shopping trip (don't forget to scan your Advantage card).  I haven't seen any denominations other than $25/$50, so after the $4.95 fee per card you'll actually be 10 cents ahead if you get two $50s.

Or buy Giant Eagle gift cards.  If you have any GetGo stations near you, Giant Eagle gift cards can be used to purchase gas at GetGo.