Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

5% categories for fourth quarter of 2017:
Dept. stores and Walmart

There are three possibilities for how many points are earned. In the following examples, the effective rates are assuming you cash out the points for 1 cent each, but if you can transfer them to Sapphire Preferred or Ink, the effective rate could be much higher.
  • Cardholders without a Chase checking account
    1 base point per dollar for all spending. Additional 4 bonus points per dollar for spending up to $1500 in quarterly categories.
    Example 1: Spend $1 on a parking meter. Earn 1 point, an effective rate of 1%.
    Example 2: Spend $10 to refill a Metrocard in 2016 Q1. Earn 50 points, an effective rate of 5%.
    Example 3: Spend $100 to buy a Long Island Rail Road Peak Ten-Trip ticket between zones 1 and 3 in 2016 Q1. Earn 500 points, an effective rate of 5%.
    Example 4: Spend $1500 at 7-Eleven in 2016 Q1. Earn 7500 points, an effective rate of 5%.
  • Cardholders with a Chase checking account in older program
    1 base point per dollar plus 10% of the base points plus 10 points per transaction for all spending. Additional 4 bonus points per dollar for spending up to $1500 in quarterly categories.
    Example 1: Spend $1 on a parking meter. Earn 11.1 points, an effective rate of 11.1%.
    Example 2: Spend $10 to refill a Metrocard in 2016 Q1. Earn 61 points, an effective rate of 6.1%.
    Example 3: Spend $100 to buy a Long Island Rail Road Peak Ten-Trip ticket between zones 1 and 3 in 2016 Q1. Earn 520 points, an effective rate of 5.2%.
    Example 4: Spend $1500 at 7-Eleven in 2016 Q1. Earn 7660 points, an effective rate of 5.11%.
  • Cardholders with a Chase checking account in newer program
    1 base point per dollar for all spending. Additional 4 bonus points per dollar for spending up to $1500 in quarterly categories. Annual bonus of 10% of the total of base and bonus points (until February 2016).
    Example 1: Spend $1 on a parking meter. Earn 1 point on the next statement and .1 points at year's end, an effective rate of 1.1%.
    Example 2: Spend $10 to refill a Metrocard in 2016 Q1. Earn 50 points on the next statement and 5 points at year's end, an effective rate of 5.5%.
    Example 3: Spend $100 to buy a Long Island Rail Road Peak Ten-Trip ticket between zones 1 and 3 in 2016 Q1. Earn 500 points on the next statement and 50 points at year's end, an effective rate of 5.5%.
    Example 4: Spend $1500 at 7-Eleven in 2016 Q1. Earn 7500 points on the next statement and 750 points at year's end, an effective rate of 5.5%.

« Last edited by jj1000 on March 14, 2018, 12:39:32 PM »

Author Topic: Chase Freedom Master Thread  (Read 557725 times)

Online Moishebatchy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
Re: Chase Freedom
« Reply #660 on: January 24, 2013, 02:40:44 AM »
Can I change my Freedom Visa to a MasterCard?

Try. TWTCSIN.

Offline Racer7400

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Chase Freedom
« Reply #661 on: January 24, 2013, 10:37:31 AM »
I applied on Friday to the freedom and today I got a (targeted?) offer in the mail of 30,000 points for $500 spend anyway I can get that offer even after I got accepted or is it to late?

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Chase Freedom
« Reply #662 on: January 24, 2013, 10:40:01 AM »
I applied on Friday to the freedom and today I got a (targeted?) offer in the mail of 30,000 points for $500 spend anyway I can get that offer even after I got accepted or is it to late?
SM them and tell them. They may ask for a PIC of the offer.
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline Racer7400

• View Profile
Chase Freedom
« Reply #663 on: January 24, 2013, 10:45:23 AM »
SM them and tell them. They may ask for a PIC of the offer.
thanx
Should I wait till I get the card or ASAP

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Chase Freedom
« Reply #664 on: January 24, 2013, 10:47:06 AM »
thanx
Should I wait till I get the card or ASAP

You can SM already if the card is already showing up online.
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline Thingywingy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: January 24, 2013, 11:45:53 AM »
Can I change my Freedom Visa to a MasterCard?
I have done it. Maybe apply for a 2nd as part of 3bm for bonus points. You can always tell them you want a mastercard for auto rental coverage in certain countries that are not covered by Visa.
I am sometimes accused of overthinking things. I am still mulling over whether that accusation has merit.

Offline Racer7400

• View Profile
« Reply #666 on: January 25, 2013, 10:17:02 AM »
i made a mistake, i mixed up the offers i got of  freedom card with the amex sky blue. The amex sky blue has the 30,000 points for $500 spend not the freedom the freedom has the standerd $100 cash back(10,000 points)

Offline mmermss

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: February 11, 2013, 12:29:31 PM »
I currently have the Freedom MC.  I see there's a Freedom Visa available.  Can I apply for the Visa and during recon transfer all CL from the MC to the Visa just like the SP card and tell them all benefits a Visa has over the MC?  I dont see why it wouldnt work just want to make sure before putting it in a 3bm.
It's not about the quantity of your posts.  It's about the quality.

Offline MEIR613

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: February 11, 2013, 12:32:31 PM »
I currently have the Freedom MC.  I see there's a Freedom Visa available.  Can I apply for the Visa and during recon transfer all CL from the MC to the Visa just like the SP card and tell them all benefits a Visa has over the MC?  I dont see why it wouldnt work just want to make sure before putting it in a 3bm.
Just asking, why would you do this if you will be closing the MC.

Offline mmermss

• View Profile
« Reply #669 on: February 11, 2013, 12:35:42 PM »
Just asking, why would you do this if you will be closing the MC.

I would only close the MC if I get the Visa approved via recon.  I rather not close it now and transfer CL to another card and apply for a Visa and not for sure getting the Visa approved with all other cards. 
Just like when I do it with SP.  Have visa...apply for MC..via recon I transfer all CL to new SP.

Was that your question?  So far im planning on SP, UA and not sure between BA or Freedom...

Offline MEIR613

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: February 11, 2013, 12:48:54 PM »
I would only close the MC if I get the Visa approved via recon.  I rather not close it now and transfer CL to another card and apply for a Visa and not for sure getting the Visa approved with all other cards. 
Just like when I do it with SP.  Have visa...apply for MC..via recon I transfer all CL to new SP.

Was that your question?  So far im planning on SP, UA and not sure between BA or Freedom...
BA and freedom, What's the comparison.

BA = 50k
Freedom = 10k

What am I missing?

Offline mmermss

• View Profile
« Reply #671 on: February 11, 2013, 01:00:57 PM »
BA and freedom, What's the comparison.

BA = 50k
Freedom = 10k

What am I missing?

Nothing.  Just for some reason I'm waiting for BA to come out with better offer.  I might be waiting a while.  Guess Ill just go with the BA.  Or go for 4  :)

Offline MosheP

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: February 11, 2013, 01:04:31 PM »
Nothing.  Just for some reason I'm waiting for BA to come out with better offer.  I might be waiting a while.  Guess Ill just go with the BA.  Or go for 4  :)

I just went for 4, after multiple HUCA I was only able to get 3 approved, and even that took many calls. Chase has this new thing about max 2 cards approved in 30 days.

Offline mmermss

• View Profile
« Reply #673 on: February 11, 2013, 01:11:06 PM »
I just went for 4, after multiple HUCA I was only able to get 3 approved, and even that took many calls. Chase has this new thing about max 2 cards approved in 30 days.

Dont think thats so new.  I was trying to get a third approved within 30 days a few months ago and with ~10-15 calls I got it.

Online Moishebatchy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
« Reply #674 on: February 13, 2013, 07:19:24 PM »

Be aware that if you currently have Freedom Exclusives, you're gonna lose it.

Offline mmermss

• View Profile
« Reply #675 on: February 13, 2013, 07:53:57 PM »
Thanks.
Unfortunately I was not grandfathered in. Anyways it's not going to be included in my AOR.

Offline SPLP

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: February 14, 2013, 02:31:32 AM »

"  Can I apply for the Visa and during recon transfer all CL from the MC to the Visa just like the SP card "

can it be done ?

Offline Thingywingy

• View Profile
« Reply #677 on: February 14, 2013, 04:23:53 PM »
Just applied for Freedom for my mom. She is currently a joint cardholder on my freedom. Recon said she would be approved but cant have 2 freedoms and takes a week to send me form to take her off joint freedom. Do you think a HUCA will solve this?
I am sometimes accused of overthinking things. I am still mulling over whether that accusation has merit.

Offline SPLP

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: February 14, 2013, 04:38:45 PM »
Just applied for Freedom for my mom. She is currently a joint cardholder on my freedom. Recon said she would be approved but cant have 2 freedoms and takes a week to send me form to take her off joint freedom. Do you think a HUCA will solve this?

try---You make the call and have mom speak at same time ,asking them to remove her.it may work -- it did for me , wife was joint on a very old card -- every time wanted to move credit around "we" had to get on phone 

Offline Thingywingy

• View Profile
« Reply #679 on: February 14, 2013, 04:46:29 PM »
they let you remove her as a joint cardholder without a form? they told me they will mail me form which will take 7 days to get