Author Topic: Seat assignment for kids  (Read 365 times)

Offline shaikip

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Seat assignment for kids
« on: December 11, 2017, 09:51:06 AM »
I am flying for Passover from TLV to MIA. I purchased the tickets from AA but actually flying RT with BA. We are a family of 5 with 3 kids ages 4, 4, and 6. I tried calling AA to reserve seating but they told me to call BA. When I talked to BA they asked me to pay for the seat assignment. In order to avoid paying they told me to call 48H before the flight or trust them to give me seat assignments. I prefer to have a seat assignment as early as possible with my input considered.

I know some airlines will let you reserve seats free of charge early. Doesn't BA let you do the same? Is there another way to convince AA or BA of the importance of keeping the family together?

Thanks,
Shai

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Re: Seat assignment for kids
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 10:53:47 AM »
Nope. Pay or wait until 48 hrs.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper