Author Topic: I need about 8,000 eqm on Continental before end of year to keep Gold  (Read 1156 times)

Offline njmacman

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
ANy ideas on how to get about 8,000 EQMs on Continental to get to Gold (50,000)- I am Platinum thanks to cross matching with Delta last year. I need ideas on how to get these without just hopping a jet someplace. I have the Presidential Plus card which will get me 1000 for every 5000 I buy. I have already included the 2 flights to Israel and one to Orlando I will be taking before the end of the year. Does anyone know anything about buying miles when checking in- do they come with EQMs? Thanks.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: I need about 8,000 eqm on Continental before end of year to keep Gold
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 11:16:27 PM »
You don't need to wait for checkin, just go into your reservation and you should be able to buy RDMs with EQMs at about 7 cents each.  You'll just have to decide if 8,000 miles and 8,000 elite miles is worth about $560.
Otherwise find 40K in spending!
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline supercooler8

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: I need about 8,000 eqm on Continental before end of year to keep Gold
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 11:34:47 PM »
I'm in a similar situation. I'll have 20000 EQMs for united by the end of this year. Need 5000 miles to begin my whole elite thing, I was wondering if there's a way I can get this. I've got the continental one pass plus cc.

Is there any way apart from flying that I can get those 5000 EQMS? And is it worth it for me to buy 5000 EQMs at 7 cents a piece if I plan to fly about 30000 miles (lots of transatlantic flights) in 2012. I mean, I know it gives comfortable seating and bonus miles.. So.. I'm just wondering.