Topic Wiki

Per forum rules both buyers and sellers must post a price
« Last edited by 12HRS on July 18, 2023, 10:29:00 AM »

Author Topic: Hyatt Awards And Upgrades Master Thread  (Read 1716445 times)

Offline BarryLincoln

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, National Executive, Hertz Five Star
Re: Hyatt Awards And Upgrades Master Thread
« Reply #10800 on: September 07, 2022, 05:11:12 PM »
Subsidizing paid Hyatt stays through my Globalist account as a second guest. $20/night. In addition to the standard Globalist benefits, depending on the hotel/location,  I will try to get you a kosher breakfast in lieu of regular complementary globalist breakfast…

Can also subsidize points reservations for longer stays (provided there's enough time for points to transfer).

Offline slickdealer

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: WOH Globalist | IHG Platinum | HH Gold | MB Gold
« Reply #10801 on: September 07, 2022, 08:08:02 PM »
Is anyone with Globalist able to make a Cat 5 booking for this Friday using my points on my name? Not sure what’s the ongoing price for it. Is it $20?

First time Hyatt redemption. Pretty stoked about where I’ll be staying. Would be nice if anyone would be kind to do a Globalist booking. 🙏

Offline gubevo18

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10802 on: September 07, 2022, 09:01:17 PM »
First time Hyatt redemption. Pretty stoked about where I’ll be staying. Would be nice if anyone would be kind to do a Globalist booking. 🙏
tbh gonna be hard to get someone to do a points booking that quick because points would need to transfer before the stay. Otherwise the risk lies with the globalist who booked you, and unless they know you, it will be hard. Doesn't say anything about you specifically, just the nature of being somewhat new on an anonymous forum

Offline easygoing77

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10803 on: September 07, 2022, 09:24:01 PM »
Offering $25 per paid night booked within USA from my globalist account, will throw in suite upgrade for 4+ night stays.

Offline jffn

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10804 on: September 07, 2022, 10:00:18 PM »
I have a 1-4 category free night certificate to sell it expires September 19 2022 from discoverist  account asking for $150 OBO. Please PM if interested. Thanks.

Offline Yrustaringatme

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10805 on: September 08, 2022, 12:07:13 AM »
tbh gonna be hard to get someone to do a points booking that quick because points would need to transfer before the stay. Otherwise the risk lies with the globalist who booked you, and unless they know you, it will be hard. Doesn't say anything about you specifically, just the nature of being somewhat new on an anonymous forum
you can book on your account and then transfer stay to globalist then add yourself as second guest so you don’t need to wait for points transfer

Offline simplicity

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
« Reply #10806 on: September 08, 2022, 12:43:06 AM »
and if that user name checks out, for sure not! Lol

Offline slickdealer

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: WOH Globalist | IHG Platinum | HH Gold | MB Gold
« Reply #10807 on: September 08, 2022, 03:15:51 AM »
you can book on your account and then transfer stay to globalist then add yourself as second guest so you don’t need to wait for points transfer

Does it make it GOH booking or 2nd guest? I already booked the room with my points. I was going to cancel it after Globalist booking.

Offline bw1985

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
« Reply #10808 on: September 08, 2022, 10:37:25 AM »
Does it make it GOH booking or 2nd guest? I already booked the room with my points. I was going to cancel it after Globalist booking.

That would be second guest.  For GoH the globalist needs to make the reservation using their own points. 

Offline bw1985

• View Profile
« Reply #10809 on: September 08, 2022, 04:13:00 PM »
What's the consensus on booking GH Baha Mar as a second guest? Is it too risky? Does it make a diff cash or points? Will they not allow the use of a suite upgrade award?

Thanks.

Somebody posted a few weeks ago that it was a problem. I wouldn’t let somebody book it for me, too much risk of hassle.

Offline LongTimeLurker

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10810 on: September 08, 2022, 05:08:18 PM »
Somebody posted a few weeks ago that it was a problem. I wouldn’t let somebody book it for me, too much risk of hassle.

If it's as guest of honor it's fine, but as second name not worth risk imo

Offline tmendy226

• View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Diamond, Hertz PC, Flying Blue petroleum, SPG Gold, National Executive, Hilton Gold
« Reply #10811 on: September 08, 2022, 08:54:55 PM »
What's the consensus on booking GH Baha Mar as a second guest? Is it too risky? Does it make a diff cash or points? Will they not allow the use of a suite upgrade award?

Thanks.

They will give you the room/suite. Probably won’t give free breakfast until globalist comes

Offline BarryLincoln

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, National Executive, Hertz Five Star
« Reply #10812 on: September 08, 2022, 09:02:19 PM »

Thanks.
The only way this will work is GoH. Secondary will not get benefits.  Working through a situation now trying to get my elite night credits on a cash reservation and am having major challenges getting the credit and points applied… already paid the subsidy to the guest… will hopefully have it returned 😩

Offline dealtastic

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10813 on: September 08, 2022, 09:55:15 PM »
Selling:
Free Hyatt night
Category 1-4
Expiration: 9/2023
Price: $150

Reservation can be in your name (use your own status) or as additional guest (Discoverist status).

Offline bw1985

• View Profile
« Reply #10814 on: September 08, 2022, 10:53:29 PM »
If it's as guest of honor it's fine, but as second name not worth risk imo

Guest of honor is always fine. People don’t offer that here though because we want the nights.

Offline bw1985

• View Profile
« Reply #10815 on: September 08, 2022, 10:57:20 PM »
The only way this will work is GoH. Secondary will not get benefits.  Working through a situation now trying to get my elite night credits on a cash reservation and am having major challenges getting the credit and points applied… already paid the subsidy to the guest… will hopefully have it returned 😩

Out of the continental US is always a greater risk. It’s posted in here constantly so shouldn’t be a surprise.  If you’re challenging it with corporate I feel like you’re just bringing attention to what’s going on and that could lead to further crackdown.

Offline gubevo18

• View Profile
« Reply #10816 on: September 09, 2022, 12:47:55 AM »
Out of the continental US is always a greater risk. It’s posted in here constantly so shouldn’t be a surprise.  If you’re challenging it with corporate I feel like you’re just bringing attention to what’s going on and that could lead to further crackdown.
I'm inclined to agree.... Odds are they won't give it to you unless you outright lie and say you were there but for some reason never stopped by the front desk.

Also - just had a stay in continental US where they made some issues for the second guest. In the end I got the points and the nights but I was very clear with the buyer that if for some reason the nights don't post he wouldn't have to give the subsidy back to me.

Just like I explain to those booking on points/certs that in the odd chance they decide to charge you fill price as a second guest the risk fall on them, the opposite should be true with regard to the subsidized nights. I know that this view of mine isn't good for us Globalists but I think it's fair.

Offline Rpenndragon

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10817 on: September 09, 2022, 11:40:10 AM »
Looking to buy 4 1-4 nights, preferably from same account $140 ea OBO

Offline tmendy226

• View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Diamond, Hertz PC, Flying Blue petroleum, SPG Gold, National Executive, Hilton Gold
« Reply #10818 on: September 09, 2022, 12:21:21 PM »

What is the connection with the continental US?
There are about 200 countries each with their own rules and each hotel has their own policies.
You’re right in countries where they want the passport of each person staying in the room.
The baha mar specifically is an issue not because of Bahamas as they used not to make any issues but right now I guest because many yidden started going as second guest they made a policy that they won’t give you the globalist benefits until main guest shows up. This is the risk. Repeating uneducated general statements doesn’t make it more accurate.

I have done this many times as account holder as well as a second guest in a country where they wanted all passports and I never had an issue with getting the room/suite. If they have an option for second guest it is specifically so second guest can check in. The risk is for the extra benefits like breakfast. And people staying under my name have had issues in some hotels in the US. On the other hand in many other countries like Italy, France, korea, Mexico, Ethiopia, Aruba, Puerto Rico and others, there were none.

If you have a different experience, please share so we all learn
« Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 12:27:40 PM by tmendy226 »

Offline jffn

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10819 on: September 09, 2022, 12:34:50 PM »
How could I put the cert. in someones name as primary guest? Does Hyatt allow this?  because Mariot does not.