Topic Wiki

Per forum rules both buyers and sellers must post a price
« Last edited by 12HRS on July 18, 2023, 10:29:00 AM »

Author Topic: Hyatt Awards And Upgrades Master Thread  (Read 1715164 times)

Offline 12HRS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: Hyatt Awards And Upgrades Master Thread
« Reply #1860 on: August 07, 2014, 01:27:44 AM »
Which part of each did you not understand? :P
On a side note he's probably not following this thread so he doesn't realize that they go for about $225-$275 each.

Sold mine for way more than that. Only thing is since chase/hyatt discontinued them a while back his probably expire in a month (not counting any extensions from hyatt)

Offline ilherman

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: August 07, 2014, 11:52:18 AM »
Sold mine for way more than that. Only thing is since chase/hyatt discontinued them a while back his probably expire in a month (not counting any extensions from hyatt)
Sorry. Missed the SUITE.
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline DG

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: August 07, 2014, 12:07:30 PM »
$400 for both?
Which part of each did you not understand? :P
On a side note he's probably not following this thread so he doesn't realize that they go for about $225-$275 each.

Selling them for $400 each OBO - Hyatt no longer gives out free suite nights and I have extensions so they don't expire for a bit.

Offline shmebeble

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: August 07, 2014, 01:37:46 PM »
Per forum rules, you must post a price.
Thanks for the free bump. 
.01-1,000,000 ¥ obo

Offline KidOOO

• View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: August 07, 2014, 02:28:52 PM »
I spent the $1K on the hyatt card. how do i get the 2 free nights? is it a certificate? or comes as points?

Offline EMCC

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum
« Reply #1865 on: August 07, 2014, 02:31:09 PM »
I spent the $1K on the hyatt card. how do i get the 2 free nights? is it a certificate? or comes as points?
Certificate
"Disclaimer: I don't believe everything I write."  - ChaimMoskowitz

Offline KidOOO

• View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: August 07, 2014, 02:38:23 PM »
Certificate

by mail? how long until it comes?

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #1867 on: August 07, 2014, 02:41:06 PM »
electronically in your account

Offline arid

• View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: August 08, 2014, 02:14:36 AM »
I posted this in the Kauai thread and got no responses. got the feeling the veterans get pissed when you post in the wrong thread so i think it might be more appropriate here. lets give it a whirl:

I'm getting into Kauai at 830 pm on 8/17 , leaving 8/22 2pm in time for HNL shabbos.

After reading over 50 pages of ppl talking about GHK, i wanna stay there.
i have 2 diff ppl willing to sell me 2 free nights, one has diamond status. im missing one night
do i:
A) stay at a $80 3* hotel near the airport on sunday night and check in first thing monday AM for 4 nights at the GHK
B) check in sunday night for 4 nights and use cash+ points for the last night
my question about option B is i wonder if being a "second guest" for 2 different ppl, plus the last night in my own name, too much hocking and haandeling and will it raise flags?
how likely is it that i will have to check out and check in if i go with 2 diff ppl with free nights?
if i do get the suite upgrade with the first 2 nights, do they make you change rooms if you combine the reservations?
if they dont want to give a complementary upgrade, can i use points from my own account to buy a suite upgrade for 6000 points or would have to be from person booked on the account?

I know it's alotta questions but if some of the vets could please help out, i can finalize this trip and be set.
thanks in advance

Offline EMCC

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum
« Reply #1869 on: August 08, 2014, 02:18:06 AM »
I posted this in the Kauai thread and got no responses. got the feeling the veterans get pissed when you post in the wrong thread so i think it might be more appropriate here. lets give it a whirl:

I'm getting into Kauai at 830 pm on 8/17 , leaving 8/22 2pm in time for HNL shabbos.

After reading over 50 pages of ppl talking about GHK, i wanna stay there.
i have 2 diff ppl willing to sell me 2 free nights, one has diamond status. im missing one night
do i:
A) stay at a $80 3* hotel near the airport on sunday night and check in first thing monday AM for 4 nights at the GHK
B) check in sunday night for 4 nights and use cash+ points for the last night
my question about option B is i wonder if being a "second guest" for 2 different ppl, plus the last night in my own name, too much hocking and haandeling and will it raise flags?
how likely is it that i will have to check out and check in if i go with 2 diff ppl with free nights?
if i do get the suite upgrade with the first 2 nights, do they make you change rooms if you combine the reservations?
if they dont want to give a complementary upgrade, can i use points from my own account to buy a suite upgrade for 6000 points or would have to be from person booked on the account?

I know it's alotta questions but if some of the vets could please help out, i can finalize this trip and be set.
thanks in advance
Easy peasy, book the first night with cash and points from your account and get an upgrade and tell them you want to keep the room for the other two guests who do not want the hassle of checking in.
"Disclaimer: I don't believe everything I write."  - ChaimMoskowitz

Offline arid

• View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: August 08, 2014, 07:04:27 AM »
Easy peasy, book the first night with cash and points from your account and get an upgrade and tell them you want to keep the room for the other two guests who do not want the hassle of checking in.
if i book c+p for the first night in my name then i wont get any upgrade bec i have no status. i could book c+p with someone elses account that has suite upgrades but then im not checking in with my name the first night. if all nights ill be the 2nd guest, then why wouldnt i want the diamond status free night to increase my chance for the upgrade.....
ty

Offline shmebeble

• View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: August 08, 2014, 07:36:05 AM »
if i book c+p for the first night in my name then i wont get any upgrade bec i have no status. i could book c+p with someone elses account that has suite upgrades but then im not checking in with my name the first night. if all nights ill be the 2nd guest, then why wouldnt i want the diamond status free night to increase my chance for the upgrade.....
ty
You can use a suite upgrade with cash and points.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #1872 on: August 08, 2014, 08:52:35 AM »
You can use a suite upgrade with cash and points.

True.

So?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline shmebeble

• View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: August 08, 2014, 09:10:28 AM »
True.

So?
His issue was that he didnt think he would have a suite if he used cash and points because he doesnt have diamond status. This way he can do points and cash + upgrade then go into a diamond account 2 free nights- that would give him biggest chance of keeping the suite. 

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #1874 on: August 08, 2014, 09:12:09 AM »
But he's not diamond...  What suite upgrade is he using when booking from his account?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline shmebeble

• View Profile
« Reply #1875 on: August 08, 2014, 09:14:56 AM »
But he's not diamond...  What suite upgrade is he using when booking from his account?
I was wrong. I though that the suite upgrade went through your own account, if you use p+c.
I concede

Offline arid

• View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: August 08, 2014, 02:26:41 PM »
so whadya reccomend?
I called the main number and they told me that even if i used c+p for the first or last night, there are no suites available for me to spend another 6k points for the suite upgrade.
one other option is getting it on hotwire for 230ish but does anyone know if they would take 6k points to upgrade that kind of reservation, (if something opens up that night).
also opinions on weather its worth going through all this trouble if there no suite availablity that week when the alternative is a likely (somewhat) upgraded room with sheraton doing 9600/night for all 5? maybe finding a nice DDF member staying there that week that will elt me use the facilities one day they are out on a trip.....

thanks

Offline zsnyde

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: August 08, 2014, 02:32:03 PM »
I'm spending two nights in Tokyo in January. Park Hyatt or the new Andaz. I read reviews on tripadvisor on Andaz and they were hit or miss on service, but that might be expected when opening a new hotel. I wanted to get your thoughts on which hotel is recommended. Recently stayed at Andaz maui and really enjoyed ourselves there, service was top notch.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #1878 on: August 08, 2014, 02:36:26 PM »
PH and Andaz is like MLB and AA ball.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline arid

• View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: August 08, 2014, 02:51:53 PM »
the other question is if the inventory of suites they show at customer service the same inventory they show at the actual hotel? I'm thinking of calling the hotel and saying I have status at both spg and hyatt.  If they can confirm suite upgrade ahead of time then I'll book the Hyatt... Anyone ever done this?