Author Topic: Dinner with the GM of the Brooklyn Nets, Sean Marks  (Read 8335 times)

Online mochjas

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
Dinner with the GM of the Brooklyn Nets, Sean Marks
« on: December 14, 2017, 02:58:03 PM »
The Brooklyn Nets had an awesome Cyber Monday Deal: Buy a Courtside seat (at a discounted price) to the Washington Wizards game on 12/12/17 and get to have dinner with the GM Sean Marks before the game. There was only a 2 hour window when they sold this. Being a huge Nets fan, I jumped on this opportunity. Luckily they were selling single seats and I did not have to buy 2 as I had no one willing to go with me and was not going to be able to bring my kid with me since I had to go straight from work. Also if I decided to bring my kid I could just buy a $6 ticket day of and put her on my lap.

I completely forgot about the dinner and the night before I got a call from someone at the nets telling me that I had to be there 6 PM sharp and Dinner would be from 6-6:30. They asked if I wanted Chicken Marsala or Fish for my Entrée. I told them that I only eat kosher and was supposed to give them advanced notice to see what they can do but totally forgot. The guy said he will see what he can do. I told him again I am not doing this for the food so I really don’t care. He calls me back the next morning saying I was able to get you the kosher food. I had to explain to him that it needs to be wrapped and he said that he will see what he can do. (very awkward) He also informed me that only one other person bought the package, Score! (I thought a bunch more people would have taken advantage)

Anyway I get to the arena at 6 and we are whisked through before the doors opened to the public. Dinner was to be had in the Billboard lounge in the Jay-Z suite. We passed by the locker room and saw newly acquired Nik Stauskas going in after warming up.

Nik Stauskas going into the locker room

Billboard lounge

Jay Zs Suite

Jay Zs Suite

We waited a few minutes for Sean to arrive. He came in and said, “Why do you guys not have a drink in your hands? Shortly after they brought me a corona and we started chatting. After 20 minutes of chatting, Sean says I think we should sit down and start eating.

I was very impressed with this short-notice 3 course KSML. It was double sealed and fresh. (I found out later it cam from the kosher food in the courtside club which is what I told them to do).

KSML salad

KSML Entrée Chicken Napoleon Wilted Spinach

Everyone else’s food and the nets leading salesman who also ate with us

KSML Dessert

Their dessert and my menu

We were chatting away about the team and the NBA in general. It was great to hear a GMs perspective on things. At 7 the nets executive gave Sean an out and said Sean don’t you have that meeting? Sean turned him down and said I’ll go in a few minutes. We ended up wrapping up at about 7:20. After a photo op we were out.

I was actually pretty full as I ate a bunch of the roasted and sweet potatoes with the Caesar dressing. The cookies and brownies were really good as well. But I still had to check out the Kosher food in the Calvin Klein Courtside club. It was my first time going this year and I have to say the food looked much better this year. I was really full fo some reason so I just picked here and there. Also I got there late so there might be some stuff that ran out but here are some pics that I snapped

Courtside club kosher Section

Same Chicken that I had

Even though these don’t look good, they were great soft and delicious

I then got to my seat. It was second row dead center. I stayed for a close first half of basketball. Thankfully since John Wall didn’t play. Then I had to leave to go home and light the Menorah with my family.

Overall it was an awesome experience. Worth every penny and I would do it again anytime.

A note to everyone: The nets are coming: Their organization is being run by a first class leader trained by R.C Buford and Greg Popovich,. Sean Marks is so smart and has the right approach into how he is building this team. He was very open and very honest with us and you can tell that every move he makes is extremely calculated. I asked him some really tough questions and he didn’t beat around the bush.

BTW I didn’t get a chance to go to the Abigaels or the Kosher Deli upstairs but next time I go I will make sure to post pics and review it for you guys. If you can get tickets with all access you can eat for free at those and they are great.

I cannot find a pic with Sean Marks in it. I am trying to get it from the other guy and will post it if he sends it to me.

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Dinner with the GM of the Brooklyn Nets, Sean Marks
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 05:36:26 PM »
Very cool! How much did this cost?
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline ludmila

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 05:41:33 PM »
Nice and definitely worth it.
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.

Offline johnshek

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2017, 06:08:23 PM »
Please share some of the questions you had and the answers he gave!

Offline damaxer91

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2017, 07:21:46 PM »
Nice! Abigails doesnt cater the CK Club anymore?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2017, 08:37:26 PM »
Amazing, thanks for sharing!
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Online mochjas

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2017, 01:17:53 PM »
Very cool! How much did this cost?
$499

Online mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2017, 01:20:01 PM »
Please share some of the questions you had and the answers he gave!
Most questions were about the Nets and very technical and would be boring to most.

Some national questions that I asked were about Lonzo ball and Lebron (whether he thinks from what he's hearing around the league if he is leaving)

If you care about some of the nets stuff that we discussed I can post that as well.

Online mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2017, 01:21:35 PM »
Nice! Abigails doesnt cater the CK Club anymore?
nope. This was my first time in CK this year. I am happy they switched it up as I had that same abigaels food over and over throughout the years and it gets old. They never really switched it up. The new food seems very good. I didn't get to eat much but I like the change.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Online mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2017, 01:33:34 PM »
Amazing.
Definitely. I was shocked only one other person did it! was an awesome experience.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2017, 01:35:18 PM »
Definitely. I was shocked only one other person did it! was an awesome experience.
Would have sold out in CLE in seconds.

Online mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2017, 01:39:36 PM »
Probably would sell out anywhere else too. It wasnt really advertised and it was a two hour window so maybe people didnt know about it.

Offline zow

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2017, 01:51:43 PM »
Good for you!
Sounds like a great deal.
I don't follow NBA as closely as you do...can't remember: do the Nets still owe the C's anything for the Pierce/Garnett deal?
Thanks for sharing your TR.

Online mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2017, 01:54:21 PM »
Good for you!
Sounds like a great deal.
I don't follow NBA as closely as you do...can't remember: do the Nets still owe the C's anything for the Pierce/Garnett deal?
Thanks for sharing your TR.
They do! Their first round pick unprotected this year. But Boston traded that for Kyrie Irving so it belongs to the Cavs. Right now that pick would be the 11th pick in the draft. Teams should make a rule: NO trading with the Celtics! Danny Ainge is a thief!

Offline zow

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2017, 01:56:20 PM »
They do! Their first round pick unprotected this year. But Boston traded that for Kyrie Irving so it belongs to the Cavs. Right now that pick would be the 11th pick in the draft. Teams should make a rule: NO trading with the Celtics! Danny Ainge is a thief!
Typical response:  Celtics are thieves, Patriots (and Red Sox) are cheaters...
:)

Offline Geshmak25

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2017, 02:25:01 PM »
Most questions were about the Nets and very technical and would be boring to most.

Some national questions that I asked were about Lonzo ball and Lebron (whether he thinks from what he's hearing around the league if he is leaving)

If you care about some of the nets stuff that we discussed I can post that as well.
What were his responses to the national questions
PUTPAC = PITA

Online mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2017, 02:32:13 PM »
What were his responses to the national questions
On Lebron he said its too early to know.

On lonzo ball he said that if he was in the position he would have made it clear that his Dad cannot do what he is doing. He thinks he will be a good NBA player.

Offline damaxer91

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2017, 08:42:12 PM »

Of course. Because we all know who the GM of the Cavs is.

Online mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2017, 08:51:25 PM »
Of course. Because we all know who the GM of the Cavs is.
lol