Author Topic: Collection Agency Questions  (Read 2920 times)

Offline Yosel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Collection Agency Questions
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2010, 11:32:00 AM »
mail a letter disputing the claim.  That will quiet them, although I'm not sure legally how long they have to be quiet for, they usually stay away for a while to permanent - as they have easier fish to fry...
you don't want to quiet them down, keep them sending you letters, and sooner rather latter they will be in violation of the law, and a good attorney will get $1000 and then you may want to pay them.
i have been doing this for years, and it works

Offline sprint

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2010, 01:38:08 PM »
Thats true - have heard the stories from reputable chaveirim...but it depends on the company - theyre slowly learning to stay above (literally) the letter of the law...

Offline avadah

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2020, 09:44:02 PM »
I knew there would be a thread on this subject but I can't believe it's been quiet for 10 years!

E-z pass sent me a bill for 2 tolls in the mail along with 2 $50 administrative fees even though I had a transponder. I called up and they said removed the fees. I checked my ez pass statement and I see they didn't charge me for the toll. Now I'm getting letters from a collection agency about the toll and the fees. Of course ez pass nj is closed on the phone so there's nobody to talk to.
Any advice?