Topic Wiki

I am trying to put a list together of the pro's and cons of the main bassinet strollers:

UppaBaby (UB)
PRO:
so easy to push
great basket (HUGE)
the bassinet is easy to take on and off
the wheels are easy to remove if need be
folds in a sinch
handle bar is great for tall and short people
the rumble seat lets the kid sit like a human being (not slide down)
the break is easy to push and doesnt break easily
the lay back position is great for kids who need to sleep on the go
the sun visor is a life savor
option to use with car seat (need to purchase the adapter)
fantastic customer service

con:
its wide but still easy to push
it can be heavy for some
the lock to close the stroller (it broke on mine)

« Last edited by RT on October 01, 2013, 11:50:15 AM »

Author Topic: Stroller/Carriage Master Thread  (Read 182932 times)

Offline yossi4k

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Avis President's Club National Executive Elite Sixt Platinum
Stroller/Carriage Master Thread
« on: July 17, 2011, 04:15:41 PM »
First of all a big shout out mazel tov to the DDF who had babies over the past week myself included  ;) :) thank the One above! This topic is dedicated to strollers and peoples experiences for good or for bad with them. I recently started looking into "The First Years Wave Stroller" for $299 http://comfortfirst.com/p-138132-the-first-years-wave-stroller-s630.aspx
Anybody out there have one of these?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 03:33:52 PM by jj1000 »

Offline elikay

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Stroller Reviews for all the newborns!!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 04:56:15 PM »
What features are important for you in a stroller? That will be be very important in choosing a stroller.

Offline Q274

• View Profile
  • Programs: barely
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 05:01:43 PM »
Like for instance- I want/need a stroller that could be a single stroller (for a newborn meaning car seat adaptable) but also be a double bec my older son is not quite big enough to walk so far.

As far as I know the only 2 options for that are the citi selecet and the uppa baby we went with the citi select for today.

Offline A3

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Stroller Reviews for all the newborns!!
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 05:10:54 PM »
The city mini car seat adapter does not work on the double?

Offline Q274

• View Profile
  • Programs: barely
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 05:21:14 PM »
No I think it does- but the citi mini double is always a double stroller

Offline yossi4k

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 05:34:19 PM »
What features are important for you in a stroller? That will be be very important in choosing a stroller.
Great Q
What I like about the the first wave is that :
1) It changes easily from front facing to back facing and  from bassinet to stroller without taking it from the base
2)easy to push
3) easy to fold
4) car-seat compatibly
What I dont like is the wheels are plastic and not air filled rubber ones like the bugaboo
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 05:38:36 PM by yossi4k »

Offline U-no-me!

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2011, 06:07:25 PM »
Uh, I think this belongs in the "General Discussion" thread.
Vote U-no-me '14!

Offline elikay

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2011, 06:58:05 PM »
2,3 and 4 you will find in so many strollers 1 not as many, I'm not sure why you are focusing on that one model. IMHO you might be better of going to a (heimish?) store where they are knowledgeable of the different strollers and can point out the pros and cons.

Offline yossi4k

• View Profile
Stroller Reviews for all the newborns!!
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2011, 07:26:13 PM »
Elikay where I live we ain't got a 13th ave ;-) you should know dat!

Offline MarkS

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2011, 10:06:23 PM »
I have the Phil & Teds which is a single and switches to a double. I  like it alot.  The city select is a great stroller that also does that which I would have considered if it was out when I bought my Phil & Teds.

Unless your cool with paying $1500 for a Bugaboo Donkey!!

Offline est

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2011, 10:50:56 PM »
NO!!!!! to the city select - I hate it so much I would almost pay someone to take it!!! please trust me - I went through MANY strollers - the original baby jogger single , phil & ted,  city  select.. I have learnt that it is not worth compromising on a single for a double. the select is the same as the uppa baby but they added extra stuff (that make it not as good a single (like longer and bulkier, narrower and smaller seats...)to make it work for a double as well - but the double is AWFUL!!!!! does not wheel, does not recline in alnmost all of the positions except for one or two which are the most inconvient, the heavy child has to go closer to parent - (who wants to put their newborn so far away sticking out the world?!?!), ive had kids fall asleep and hang over like rag dolls cuz the seat was in a "no recline" position.... the list is endless - STAY AWAY!!! go with the uppa baby - I love it and am dreaming of it!!! as soon as I sell my select...:)

Offline MarkS

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2011, 11:30:42 PM »
NO!!!!! to the city select - I hate it so much I would almost pay someone to take it!!! please trust me - I went through MANY strollers - the original baby jogger single , phil & ted,  city  select.. I have learnt that it is not worth compromising on a single for a double. the select is the same as the uppa baby but they added extra stuff (that make it not as good a single (like longer and bulkier, narrower and smaller seats...)to make it work for a double as well - but the double is AWFUL!!!!! does not wheel, does not recline in alnmost all of the positions except for one or two which are the most inconvient, the heavy child has to go closer to parent - (who wants to put their newborn so far away sticking out the world?!?!), ive had kids fall asleep and hang over like rag dolls cuz the seat was in a "no recline" position.... the list is endless - STAY AWAY!!! go with the uppa baby - I love it and am dreaming of it!!! as soon as I sell my select...:)
How would you compare the Phil & Teds to the Select? Is it any better or do you have a list of complaints for it as well ;)

I haven't yet used it as a double but I am very happy with it as a single.

Offline est

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2011, 01:44:40 PM »
How would you compare the Phil & Teds to the Select? Is it any better or do you have a list of complaints for it as well ;)

it was very good, i had it in israel until my baby was 6 months, loved it til then ( even though the select does have a much better wheel as a single , but not a double) i sold it when i moved back and was glad cuz my baby was starting to get edgy at being on bottom and not able to see, kept wanting to come out, also the second seat is a bit short and my oldest at that time only 2 was just about hitting the bar on top of his head, dont know what would have happened...but loved the features and it was a breeze to use!
also u dont really have much of a basket in the phil with a second , the select has a huge basket - not always accessible based on position, but really great!

Offline ez1985

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2011, 03:22:21 PM »

I have the Uppa Baby.  I am very picky and I love it.  It is not too heavy.  It has the regular seat plus the bassinet and it could turn into a double down the line.  Uppa Baby's customer service is unbelievable.  I heard about the City Select double that it is really tough to push as double because it is so long and heavy.  I would 100% recommend it

Offline azhoopsfan

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2011, 04:17:38 PM »
We have a 3 year old and 4 month old. 

We purchased the Joovy Caboose Ultralight about a month or two ago for use when we need to take both kids places (we use the Snap & Go or the Bob, when we only need it for one kid).  It works well with the Graco Snugright car seat and our older kid can sit in the jumpseat on the back.  Amazon had it for $229. 

Offline MnM1130

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2011, 04:25:02 PM »
i dont see why u need to focus on a double stroller when you have one child. Get a stroller for one- and i"h when you have a second youll get another... Cus who knows what theyll have in another few years... and besides... u can always get a 100$ stroller for one of ur kids when their bigger if u have a double stroller- and sell a double or a single... they sell very fast. I would say stick to one- and do alot of research and make sure what you WANT is in that stroller... I happen to have a 600$ stroller (not a bugaboo) and i love my 125$ stroller better.... i love my other one as well- but its big and bulky- as apposed to light and easy. focus on whats best for u- and go to the store and try it out....

Offline sawlw

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2011, 04:25:55 PM »
There's a new mountain buggy (duet) double coming out, supposed to be really nice

Offline ez1985

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2011, 05:07:17 PM »
i dont see why u need to focus on a double stroller when you have one child. Get a stroller for one- and i"h when you have a second youll get another... Cus who knows what theyll have in another few years... and besides... u can always get a 100$ stroller for one of ur kids when their bigger if u have a double stroller- and sell a double or a single... they sell very fast. I would say stick to one- and do alot of research and make sure what you WANT is in that stroller... I happen to have a 600$ stroller (not a bugaboo) and i love my 125$ stroller better.... i love my other one as well- but its big and bulky- as apposed to light and easy. focus on whats best for u- and go to the store and try it out....
if the stroller is an amazing single and happens to have the double option as well, then why not?

Offline milzz

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2011, 07:04:42 PM »
i had the stokke, thebugaboo cameleon, the bgaboo bee ,mountain buggy, snap and go, mclaren global buggy (discontinued) and an umbrella stroller. whats best for the person imo is really where you live, what the stroller is used for and of course budget. if anyone is interested though, i do have a new in the box 2011 uppa baby vista in black or silver meca to sell, they retail for 679 im asking $530. i hope im allowed to say that here!!

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.