Topic Wiki

I am trying to put a list together of the pro's and cons of the main bassinet strollers:

UppaBaby (UB)
PRO:
so easy to push
great basket (HUGE)
the bassinet is easy to take on and off
the wheels are easy to remove if need be
folds in a sinch
handle bar is great for tall and short people
the rumble seat lets the kid sit like a human being (not slide down)
the break is easy to push and doesnt break easily
the lay back position is great for kids who need to sleep on the go
the sun visor is a life savor
option to use with car seat (need to purchase the adapter)
fantastic customer service

con:
its wide but still easy to push
it can be heavy for some
the lock to close the stroller (it broke on mine)

« Last edited by RT on October 01, 2013, 11:50:15 AM »

Author Topic: Stroller/Carriage Master Thread  (Read 182861 times)

Offline est

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Stroller Reviews for all the newborns!!
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2011, 02:00:07 AM »
i repeat - Ill be your first customer!!

Offline beny

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2011, 02:05:09 AM »
IMHO the uppababy really got it right (my babys 6 weeks old, and live in nyc). Everyone I talk too loves it.
-just another perk ob ody mentioned, is the great build in sun protector, its really simple and usefull in summer
Don't know specific problems with bugaboo, though many I spoke to had probs with cammelion

Offline MarkS

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2011, 02:23:36 AM »
Just a piece of advice - Get the Snap and go and use that for the first 6-10 months while your kid is in an infant carseat. They're so compact and an excellent piece of baby gear to own. Then take your time figuring out which stroller you want to buy. Trust me, you will love how light it is and although it's not great on all terrains, it will make your life much much easier than lugging around a 20 pound stroller!!!!!

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2011, 04:55:43 AM »
we got the mountain buggy in 2008 and we're very happy with it. its a very strong and durable stroller given the abuse we subject it to on our trips around the world. it rolls like a dream over the cobblestones in europe as well as through the snow in switzerland. its like a stroller 4x4, or better yet, the stroller beast.

i dont know what the new ones are like though, as ours was manufactured in new zealand and i think the new ones are made in china

Offline WAM

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2011, 06:56:15 AM »
From the research that I did about a year ago, if you want the best price for a new stroller, email babygear@capitalkidz.com, or call them (Israeli #:) 052-765-5439. Note: they have 2 day shipping included in the price, they only ship to the US.

Offline golan

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2011, 07:05:32 AM »
Well just for the info the uppa baby is wider then the buggaboo. although manny are happy to have something to compare to the buggaboo and it is a great alternative.

Offline SK

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2011, 08:50:13 AM »
Got the citi classic for my first child which I'm very happy with (I don't think they make them anymore.)

Got the citi select as a double and am really unhappy with it.
Main cons of citi select: Extremely heavy and very hard to push as a double

Offline mercaz1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2011, 09:59:40 AM »
Just a piece of advice - Get the Snap and go and use that for the first 6-10 months while your kid is in an infant carseat. They're so compact and an excellent piece of baby gear to own. Then take your time figuring out which stroller you want to buy. Trust me, you will love how light it is and although it's not great on all terrains, it will make your life much much easier than lugging around a 20 pound stroller!!!!!

unless you already know exactly what stroller you want i think this is good advice also.
we have the bumbleride and we love it. I didnt see anyone mention this stroller. it faces both backwards and forwards and is one piece so its a little lighter and easier to carry. i think its a great stroller if you dont need a double

Offline Yungerman

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2011, 10:03:18 AM »
Main cons of citi select: Extremely heavy and very hard to push as a double

The Britax B-Ready takes care of that

Offline oisher

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Stroller Reviews for all the newborns!! VALCO
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2011, 10:08:30 AM »
Surprised no-one has mentioned VALCO. They make a superb range of well built, well designed products and
offer far better value for your money, than the high priced status symbols you have been mentioning in this forum.

Check out www.valcobaby.com, as an added bonus Valco is a shomer-shabbos company!

Offline ez1985

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2011, 10:10:53 AM »
But is UPPA baby worth an extra $180 if you can find the Frog for about $500?  What did they fix?  It seems to be bigger and less attractive than the Bugaboo?
Yes it is worth it.  The bugaboo is a big pain to fold.  You basically eed to take the whole thing apart to fold it.  Also for 30 bucks you can buy an adapter for the uppa baby to use with your car seat which saves you from having to get a snap and go.  Also their customer service is phenomenal.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2011, 10:17:39 AM »
Yes it is worth it.  The bugaboo is a big pain to fold.  You basically eed to take the whole thing apart to fold it.  Also for 30 bucks you can buy an adapter for the uppa baby to use with your car seat which saves you from having to get a snap and go.  Also their customer service is phenomenal.
I tried someone's bugaboo frog.  The folding was not difficult, just pushing a button on each side and it folds pretty much flat, it's not a wide footprint at all.  And they had a graco adapter for it as well.

I see there's lots of UB fans here, but I'm still just trying to understand why its worth paying $180 more for a bigger stroller.  The reasons given so far don't seem to hold water.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline apfeldorf

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
help me get a graco to israel Re: Stroller Reviews for all the newborns!!
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2011, 10:41:43 AM »
anyone traveling with kids to israel
can use my carseat n stroller, and leave by my kids when finished
will deliver to airport or 5 boros

Offline ez1985

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2011, 11:45:22 AM »
I tried someone's bugaboo frog.  The folding was not difficult, just pushing a button on each side and it folds pretty much flat, it's not a wide footprint at all.  And they had a graco adapter for it as well.

I see there's lots of UB fans here, but I'm still just trying to understand why its worth paying $180 more for a bigger stroller.  The reasons given so far don't seem to hold water.
I find that even thouh the UB might be a little bigger, it was easier to put in a trunk.  You don't need to remove the seat when folding which is a liitle more convenient

Offline est

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2011, 11:45:51 AM »

did you try out an uppa baby?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2011, 11:48:30 AM »
did you try out an uppa baby?
Yes.  It didn't "wow" me like everyone here seems to be saying, but then again I just pushed it around a store.
Still not hearing any hugely compelling reason to spend the extra money.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline LAXtraveler

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AAdvantage, DL Skymiles, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis Preferred, National Executive, Hertz #1 Club Gold
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2011, 12:23:46 PM »
unless you already know exactly what stroller you want i think this is good advice also.
we have the bumbleride and we love it. I didnt see anyone mention this stroller. it faces both backwards and forwards and is one piece so its a little lighter and easier to carry. i think its a great stroller if you dont need a double

I don't have one, but I have heard great things about the Bumbleride. People apparently really like it. Maybe its worth a look also.

Offline newcomer

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2011, 12:28:48 PM »
Yes.  It didn't "wow" me like everyone here seems to be saying, but then again I just pushed it around a store.
Still not hearing any hugely compelling reason to spend the extra money.

The Uppababy seat is a much wider and deeper seat in comparison to the Bugaboo.  If you look at toddlers sitting in the bugaboo it almost looks like they are falling out.  Another thing, I think someone mentioned it, but I am not sure you understood.  The Uppababy can be folded while the seat is attached, as opposed to the Bugaboo where you have to remove the seat to fold.  (None of the fold with the bassinet.) Also to switch from the bassinet to the seat is a pain with the Bugaboo and the UB is real easy.  One more thing, to change positions on the UB in the toddler seat, you can do it with one hand (if you are holding a crying/sleeping baby) in the Bugaboo you need both hands.

Offline elikay

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2011, 12:30:09 PM »
My favorite stroller.... is the umbrella :) :P light and compact easy to fold and carry while holding a baby in the other hand.
Obviously it is not at all easy to push but I love using it fr short distances/stores, its convenience should not go unmentioned.

Offline Daniel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2011, 12:47:49 PM »
We use the city select with the car seat adapter and like it. It's big when using it with one kid, but is nice when using it as a double.