Topic Wiki

I am trying to put a list together of the pro's and cons of the main bassinet strollers:

UppaBaby (UB)
PRO:
so easy to push
great basket (HUGE)
the bassinet is easy to take on and off
the wheels are easy to remove if need be
folds in a sinch
handle bar is great for tall and short people
the rumble seat lets the kid sit like a human being (not slide down)
the break is easy to push and doesnt break easily
the lay back position is great for kids who need to sleep on the go
the sun visor is a life savor
option to use with car seat (need to purchase the adapter)
fantastic customer service

con:
its wide but still easy to push
it can be heavy for some
the lock to close the stroller (it broke on mine)

« Last edited by RT on October 01, 2013, 11:50:15 AM »

Author Topic: Stroller/Carriage Master Thread  (Read 182918 times)

Offline milzz

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Stroller Reviews for all the newborns!!
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2011, 01:18:26 PM »
Yes.  It didn't "wow" me like everyone here seems to be saying, but then again I just pushed it around a store.
Still not hearing any hugely compelling reason to spend the extra money.

i have a new one in the box that i can get to cleveland if you want for $530- so wtih your frog tax it will be less :) i bought it on amazon. fullwarrenty.
let me know hennancsy@gmail.com

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2011, 01:22:34 PM »
i have a new one in the box that i can get to cleveland if you want for $530- so wtih your frog tax it will be less :) i bought it on amazon. fullwarrenty.
let me know hennancsy@gmail.com
Actually got another offer for a new one for $480 :D
What color is yours?
Bidding war anyone?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline milzz

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2011, 01:25:57 PM »
Actually got another offer for a new one for $480 :D
What color is yours?
Bidding war anyone?

i have 2, a jake black and a blue/ cole color. 2011  . by the way, great deal in chicago, not sure how to post a new deal but 1/2 off romanian deli here http://breakingdeals.chicagoshopping.com/chicago/offers/241?r=nxj

Offline golan

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2011, 04:25:52 PM »
1stly romanian deli is simply the best-so thanks
 2: regarding the uppa baby just be informed, that this buisness that it folds with the seat is only if its facing forwards, so if you have your bassinet or seat facing one of the ways still needs to be takin apart.
 3: when traveling the basket and todler seat of uppa baby can not be "compressed" you will have this big bulky thing you dont know what to do with, where as the buggaboo the bassinet and todler seat use the same "frame" so it can easily be takin apart.( just need to undo the velcro and it slides right off the metal frame to about 1/2 in in height) for ex: i was able to fit the bassinet easily into a suit case.
4: many times your going to want to seperate the regadless of stroller bec. you will get more space that way, and it can fit better.
    just my thoughts

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2011, 04:28:47 PM »
1stly romanian deli is simply the best-so thanks
 2: regarding the uppa baby just be informed, that this buisness that it folds with the seat is only if its facing forwards, so if you have your bassinet or seat facing one of the ways still needs to be takin apart.
 3: when traveling the basket and todler seat of uppa baby can not be "compressed" you will have this big bulky thing you dont know what to do with, where as the buggaboo the bassinet and todler seat use the same "frame" so it can easily be takin apart.( just need to undo the velcro and it slides right off the metal frame to about 1/2 in in height) for ex: i was able to fit the bassinet easily into a suit case.
4: many times your going to want to seperate the regadless of stroller bec. you will get more space that way, and it can fit better.
    just my thoughts
Thanks!
#2 takes away the only real advantage of the Uppa that anyone has posted in this thread.
Now it's just $200 more for reasons that nobody seems to be able to explain very well.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline dd321

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2011, 07:34:50 PM »
Stokke any one? How about the urbo or mylo by mamasandpapas.com

Offline milzz

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2011, 09:22:57 PM »
Stokke any one? How about the urbo or mylo by mamasandpapas.com

i had a stokke, the 2011... it wasnt that great. it was super cool looking but it was a HUGE pain to get in and out of a car which kinda made it not worth it for the suburbs.

Offline mordylich

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 19, 2011, 11:45:32 PM »
http://www.shnoop.com   Valco double stroller at great price.

Offline tll

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 20, 2011, 11:17:49 AM »
Dan,
 I just did a lot of research on the BB verses the UppaBaby vs the Urbo(new).
I live in a development where ppl have the BB bee, frog and cameleon.
First of all the frog bassinet is SO low you need to bend to see your baby.
There is a reason they are discontinuing it . Ppl are not happy with it.
I've heard various complaints like the older babies arent comfortable sitting in it, its low,etc.
But Buggaboo is still a status stroller and uppa baby is not.
After doing a lot of research on the uppababy it hands down beats the bb.
some of the reasons: Its wheels dont lose air I think they are rubber filled(like the city elite that I have- need to pump) it pushes like a dream. Its higher. Protects from sun better. Positions are comfortable for all age kids. Great colors too.
It has one disadvantage - its big. So if you want a stroller for in and out of the car this is not the one.
There is one more stroller that is really cool looking its the new URBO by mammas and pappas. It has a bassinet too but has small wheels like the city mini. So you are paying a lot for the cool look and the bassinet. Its smaller then the UB and pushes well on regular sidewalks streets. UB pushes great everywhere (bumps curbs very nicely too).
After hours and hours speaking to ppl, store owners Jewish and not that uppababy has the best reviews for everything except that its big. (I did research for a few relatives that just had babies)

Good Luck

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 20, 2011, 11:23:29 AM »
But there was an offer out there for $480 you said.  It seems to me you are just another one of those flatbush girls that has to have the Bugaboo.  Too bad you are already 6 years too late and now you can only be cool if you get the bugaboo donkey.  God luck keeping up with the Joneses.
Wow, we are mature here, aren't we?

Dan,
 I just did a lot of research on the BB verses the UppaBaby vs the Urbo(new).
I live in a development where ppl have the BB bee, frog and cameleon.
First of all the frog bassinet is SO low you need to bend to see your baby.
There is a reason they are discontinuing it . Ppl are not happy with it.
I've heard various complaints like the older babies arent comfortable sitting in it, its low,etc.
But Buggaboo is still a status stroller and uppa baby is not.
After doing a lot of research on the uppababy it hands down beats the bb.
some of the reasons: Its wheels dont lose air I think they are rubber filled(like the city elite that I have- need to pump) it pushes like a dream. Its higher. Protects from sun better. Positions are comfortable for all age kids. Great colors too.
It has one disadvantage - its big. So if you want a stroller for in and out of the car this is not the one.
There is one more stroller that is really cool looking its the new URBO by mammas and pappas. It has a bassinet too but has small wheels like the city mini. So you are paying a lot for the cool look and the bassinet. Its smaller then the UB and pushes well on regular sidewalks streets. UB pushes great everywhere (bumps curbs very nicely too).
After hours and hours speaking to ppl, store owners Jewish and not that uppababy has the best reviews for everything except that its big. (I did research for a few relatives that just had babies)

Good Luck
Thanks for a balanced review.  Fitting and getting in/out of a trunk is important to us, as is having the baby face the pusher.
Having said that, what do you think is the least expensive, yet quality stroller out there, that is also has the smallest footprint for taking in and out of a trunk?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 11:50:41 AM by Dan »

Offline mercaz1

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 20, 2011, 12:03:25 PM »
you should really check out the Bumbleride. it is easy to get in and out of the car. it pushes both ways- facing the pusher and facing out. it also can fold with the seat and while it doesnt have a bassinet seperate the seat folds all the way down for newborns to sit in and you can also have a car seat adapter for it. the basket is nice and large to store stuff in. and it is cheaper than both the BB and uppa

Offline est

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 20, 2011, 12:07:55 PM »
Wow, we are mature here, aren't we?
Thanks for a balanced review.  Fitting and getting in/out of a trunk is important to us, as is having the baby face the pusher.
Having said that, what do you think is the least expensive, yet quality stroller out there, that is also has the smallest footprint for taking in and out of a trunk?
dont know about the UB and bb but i have the select which does have one huge advantage and that is the sturdiness - i toss it in the trunk and grab it out with one hand and it just unfolds on the way out and plops on the ground all open and locked, folded it prob takes up bout as much room as the UB. i think the UB is a little more delicate.

Offline est

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 20, 2011, 12:08:29 PM »
you should really check out the Bumbleride. it is easy to get in and out of the car. it pushes both ways- facing the pusher and facing out. it also can fold with the seat and while it doesnt have a bassinet seperate the seat folds all the way down for newborns to sit in and you can also have a car seat adapter for it. the basket is nice and large to store stuff in. and it is cheaper than both the BB and uppa
which one?

Offline mercaz1

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 20, 2011, 12:15:56 PM »
the Bumbleride Flyer

Offline tll

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2011, 12:39:17 PM »
Dan ,
 A few more questions to you.
1. Do you want a bassinet? That makes  a difference. Some include the price some dont.
2. Do you want it to turn into a double( i personally dont like that- I have the old combi double and the city elite. I love the city elite double I have twins that are 3 now and used it since they outgrew the snap n go) Pays to buy a single and one day a double if you need.
3. Where do you plan to use it? On sidewalks, mall or in country settings?
4. Do you want from the cheaper strollers like citi mini category or from whats called luxury strollers (bugabbo, urbo, valco, uppababy etc).
5. Would you consider buying a nicer stroller for home and a $100 car stroller?(eventhough if its just you and your wife and one kid I see no reason you cant take the big strollers- maybe a little more effort but I see in the elite malls everyone pushing uppababy and bb so they take it in the car.

After you answer I can probably give you a better answer.

Offline Nitantnel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 20, 2011, 01:06:09 PM »
Wow, this thread is getting complicated!

I have some hard feelings about the Bugaboo. First of all ,they have horrible costumer service, if any. I called them about 10 times and got a answer only once, and this wasn't after hours! this is on top of the multiple emails I sent them, which also went unanswered and unconfirmed. I don't need to be a part of an elitist company if they are so nasty.  I do not say elitist simply because they did not answer me, that is their mentality: When my chassis broke - and it broke because it's junk! - they made me (and all others) buy a new one - 399.00! Deal with them once and I doubt you'll deal with them again, they are simply h-o-r-r-i-b-l-e!!

With that said, you can always get the cameleon for 400.00 dollars or so on craigslist, but I don't know if your that kind of guy.

Enjoy your baby! (more than the stroller... :) )
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 01:09:26 PM by Nitantnel »

Offline est

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 20, 2011, 01:58:02 PM »
Dan ,
 A few more questions to you.
1. Do you want a bassinet? That makes  a difference. Some include the price some dont.
2. Do you want it to turn into a double( i personally dont like that- I have the old combi double and the city elite. I love the city elite double I have twins that are 3 now and used it since they outgrew the snap n go) Pays to buy a single and one day a double if you need.
3. Where do you plan to use it? On sidewalks, mall or in country settings?
4. Do you want from the cheaper strollers like citi mini category or from whats called luxury strollers (bugabbo, urbo, valco, uppababy etc).
5. Would you consider buying a nicer stroller for home and a $100 car stroller?(eventhough if its just you and your wife and one kid I see no reason you cant take the big strollers- maybe a little more effort but I see in the elite malls everyone pushing uppababy and bb so they take it in the car.
After you answer I can probably give you a better answer.

dan said a major requirement for him is the baby facing the adult - i cant think of any non luxury stroller that has that (besides the snap and go)

Offline steve L

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 20, 2011, 02:10:55 PM »
i have bugaboo frog and very happy . now that they are discontinuing it , it was a cpl hundred off

plusas an umbrlla stroller have uppa baby  gluxe which is also great

Offline FlyFirst

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 20, 2011, 02:16:27 PM »
My wife is very happy with the bugaboo-bee, And I personally like very much the look of it. It cost me about $500

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 20, 2011, 02:55:12 PM »
i have bugaboo frog and very happy . now that they are discontinuing it , it was a cpl hundred off

plusas an umbrlla stroller have uppa baby  gluxe which is also great
What made you decide to go with the frog and gluxe?