Topic Wiki

I am trying to put a list together of the pro's and cons of the main bassinet strollers:

UppaBaby (UB)
PRO:
so easy to push
great basket (HUGE)
the bassinet is easy to take on and off
the wheels are easy to remove if need be
folds in a sinch
handle bar is great for tall and short people
the rumble seat lets the kid sit like a human being (not slide down)
the break is easy to push and doesnt break easily
the lay back position is great for kids who need to sleep on the go
the sun visor is a life savor
option to use with car seat (need to purchase the adapter)
fantastic customer service

con:
its wide but still easy to push
it can be heavy for some
the lock to close the stroller (it broke on mine)

« Last edited by RT on October 01, 2013, 11:50:15 AM »

Author Topic: Stroller/Carriage Master Thread  (Read 182822 times)

Offline ez1985

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Stroller Reviews for all the newborns!!
« Reply #100 on: August 31, 2011, 04:31:09 PM »
So i Have the uppa baby, and I just had a 2nd baby bh.  I personally think the rumble seat is a pain in the tuchas, and not so easy to push the stroller when its on. What is the best option for a double stroller iyo?

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 05, 2011, 12:50:15 AM »
I have 22 month old and we are expecting our second in a month. I am trying to figure out which stroller to get. Have it narrowed down to UB vista vs. city select vs. britax b-agile vs. city mini double. Anyone have any suggestions.
The most important feature to us is ability to fit into trunk.
Also my older daughter has to be willing to sit in it which may not happen if she can't see anything.
Also thinking that the city mini double may be too wide to fit into apartment and shop with in supermarket.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline Rivky

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 05, 2011, 03:20:09 AM »
I have 22 month old and we are expecting our second in a month. I am trying to figure out which stroller to get. Have it narrowed down to UB vista vs. city select vs. britax b-agile vs. city mini double. Anyone have any suggestions.
The most important feature to us is ability to fit into trunk.
Also my older daughter has to be willing to sit in it which may not happen if she can't see anything.
Also thinking that the city mini double may be too wide to fit into apartment and shop with in supermarket.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Best new double stroller: Mountain Buggy Duet.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004NDHIIC/?tag=cl03f-20
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 11:45:57 AM by Dan »

Offline skyguy918

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 05, 2011, 09:23:04 AM »
Not sure what the UB Vista and Britax B-Agile are doing in that list, AFAIK they are only available as singles. You first have to decide whether you want a true double (side by side), like the City Mini Double or Mountain Buggy Duet mentioned, or a model that can be configured single or a double (inline), like the City Select or Britax B-Ready. Both types should have configurations that allow your 2 year old to have an unobstructed view, but obviously real doubles do this better and less awkwardly. In terms of getting them in the trunk, the real doubles are bigger, but they can be folded up with both seats in place (unless you have a car seat or bassinet attached instead), which is not the case with the single/doubles. There are also inline true doubles, but since none were mentioned I'll leave em out as well.

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 05, 2011, 09:45:25 AM »
You are correct, I meant the B-ready. Vista has the option to attach a rumble seat to make it into a double.
I am open to other recommendations. What else did you have in mind?

Of ether ones mentioned which do you recommend?
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline good sam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 05, 2011, 10:02:32 AM »
Best new double stroller: Mountain Buggy Duet.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004NDHIIC/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=amad09-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B004NDHIIC
Definitely not good for fitting in to trunk. City mini is great in terms of convenience (ease of folding, fitting in trunk, etc) and decent as a stroller (note: new 2011 version is much better).
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #106 on: December 05, 2011, 11:46:58 AM »
UB Vista will fit fine in any trunk, but I have no experience with it as double stroller.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline LAXtraveler

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AAdvantage, DL Skymiles, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis Preferred, National Executive, Hertz #1 Club Gold
« Reply #107 on: December 05, 2011, 12:37:51 PM »
The BumbleRide Indie double is very easy to fold up and put in a trunk as well, IME.

Offline mercaz1

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 05, 2011, 01:10:24 PM »
anyone know about this new city mini i think its called the city mini GT?

Offline Yossi.

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 22, 2011, 12:12:05 AM »
Wow, this thread is getting complicated!

I have some hard feelings about the Bugaboo. First of all ,they have horrible costumer service, if any. I called them about 10 times and got a answer only once, and this wasn't after hours! this is on top of the multiple emails I sent them, which also went unanswered and unconfirmed. I don't need to be a part of an elitist company if they are so nasty.  I do not say elitist simply because they did not answer me, that is their mentality: When my chassis broke - and it broke because it's junk! - they made me (and all others) buy a new one - 399.00! Deal with them once and I doubt you'll deal with them again, they are simply h-o-r-r-i-b-l-e!!

With that said, you can always get the cameleon for 400.00 dollars or so on craigslist, but I don't know if your that kind of guy.

Enjoy your baby! (more than the stroller... :) )

Wow I m sorry u had such a bad experience with bugaboo CS. For me it was quite the opposite! I had my bugaboo cameleon for more than 3 years and a couple of weeks ago the brakes started to fail... They were not working at all - we couldnt even remove our hands from the stroller's handle for a sec... So i called CS and told them that it was dangerous for me to operate the stroller and the nice lady told me that I should receive a new $300+tax chassis within a week... B"H.

Offline world2see

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 22, 2011, 12:49:25 AM »
The BumbleRide Indie double is very easy to fold up and put in a trunk as well, IME.
+1

Offline ez1985

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 28, 2011, 12:53:08 PM »
UB Vista will fit fine in any trunk, but I have no experience with it as double stroller.
I tried using it as a double with my 2 year old in the rumble seat.  He absolutely hated it.  They have no way of looking out.  Its like solitary confinement

Offline Red

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 02, 2012, 07:00:05 AM »
My wife's looking into the Britax B-Ready to use as a double. Does anyone know anything about it? We don't have to worry about fitting it into a trunk, egged buses have plenty of room.   :D 
Any info would be appreciated.

Offline MnM1130

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 02, 2012, 07:05:41 AM »
My wife's looking into the Britax B-Ready to use as a double. Does anyone know anything about it? We don't have to worry about fitting it into a trunk, egged buses have plenty of room.   :D 
Any info would be appreciated.
ohh... so ur the one on the bus that always thinks theres enuf room to have ur double stroller in the aisle?

seems like a good choice.. but i dont have it and ive never seen it either- but from this clip it seems pretty good if ur lukin for a double seat in the back of ur stroller..

Offline Red

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 02, 2012, 07:14:18 AM »
ohh... so ur the one on the bus that always thinks theres enuf room to have ur double stroller in the aisle?

Not yet but soon.  ;D
But seriously, that's one of the reasons we were looking at a front to back rather than a side-by-side. Just watching people with the double city mini getting on buses, shopping at the makolet etc. it seems a front to back is a must.

seems like a good choice.. but i dont have it and ive never seen it either- but from this clip it seems pretty good if ur lukin for a double seat in the back of ur stroller..

My wife watched the clip, I was hoping someone has personal experience as we haven't seen it either. Thanx.

Offline Columbiadorm

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive Elite, Delta Silver Medallion, SPG Gold
« Reply #115 on: January 02, 2012, 12:19:03 PM »
Wow I m sorry u had such a bad experience with bugaboo CS. For me it was quite the opposite! I had my bugaboo cameleon for more than 3 years and a couple of weeks ago the brakes started to fail... They were not working at all - we couldnt even remove our hands from the stroller's handle for a sec... So i called CS and told them that it was dangerous for me to operate the stroller and the nice lady told me that I should receive a new $300+tax chassis within a week... B"H.

Do you need to send back the old one?

Offline yare

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 02, 2012, 12:51:37 PM »
Not yet but soon.  ;D
But seriously, that's one of the reasons we were looking at a front to back rather than a side-by-side. Just watching people with the double city mini getting on buses, shopping at the makolet etc. it seems a front to back is a must.
front to back is much harder to maneuver than the double city mini.  also it sucks for crossing streets... you have one of your kids sticking halfway into the street while you look for oncoming cars.        in terms of buses, i find that its the front/back strollers that clog up the aisle bec it's way too long.            also take into account that one of your kids (in the back) will have most of his vision blocked out by the seat in front of him,  as a baby it's not such a big deal but as they get bigger it's an issue. 

Offline WhyAich

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Stroller Reviews for all the newborns!!
« Reply #117 on: January 02, 2012, 01:10:05 PM »
front to back is much harder to maneuver than the double city mini.  also it sucks for crossing streets... you have one of your kids sticking halfway into the street while you look for oncoming cars.        in terms of buses, i find that its the front/back strollers that clog up the aisle bec it's way too long.            also take into account that one of your kids (in the back) will have most of his vision blocked out by the seat in front of him,  as a baby it's not such a big deal but as they get bigger it's an issue.
+1
It really boils to what you want. A proper double stroller is always the best as the kids are most comfortable and have a better view.
For great Airfare deals - PLEASE contact me via PM or email: whyaich@gmail.com

Offline MnM1130

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 03, 2012, 09:29:14 AM »
phil and ted

Includes Dash stroller, doubles kit, Cocoon and storm cover

great option if anyone is looking for a double stroller!!
and a ps... the last time i called them cuz 10% off coupon didnt work on a stroller they gave me 10% off onto store credit (33$ store credit towards the purchase) but this was a week ago b4 january so not sure if theres a 10% off... but in general the customer service is amazing and very accommodating!!

Offline Armadillo

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 19, 2012, 03:17:38 PM »
Personally, I'm a big fan of the Phil and Ted's double. It has the smallest/narrowest footprint of any double I've seen and folds well. Te only annoyance is having to pop off the lower seat to fold it into the trunk.