Author Topic: SPG AMEX Consumer And Business 30K Offer  (Read 63945 times)

Offline TC610

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: SPG AMEX Consumer And Business 30K Offer
« Reply #180 on: August 24, 2011, 09:57:30 AM »
I applied for both using the 3BM method.  Got pending approval for both because I moved about 8 days before I applied.

Oddly enough, a simple phone call in to AMEX got me instantly approved for the SPG Business card.  However, I'm still running through hoops of sending in credit card statements, utility bills, etc. to AMEX to get the SPG Personal card approved.  I have *NO* idea why I'm being sent through two different worlds for this, but someday I will get the personal card approved as well.

[/quote]
Anyone have any advice here? I feel that the longer I wait the less chance I have.

Did anyone have success applying for the personal and business?

I used the 3 browser method and was approved for the personal but not the business.
When I called up they informed me that since I already got approved for the personal the business was denied.

I asked him to reconsider but he said he can't and I can try again in 90 days.

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks

Offline lrgfc

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 24, 2011, 02:00:33 PM »
I applied for both using the 3BM method.  Got pending approval for both because I moved about 8 days before I applied.

Oddly enough, a simple phone call in to AMEX got me instantly approved for the SPG Business card.  However, I'm still running through hoops of sending in credit card statements, utility bills, etc. to AMEX to get the SPG Personal card approved.  I have *NO* idea why I'm being sent through two different worlds for this, but someday I will get the personal card approved as well.

Did anyone have success applying for the personal and business?

I used the 3 browser method and was approved for the personal but not the business.
When I called up they informed me that since I already got approved for the personal the business was denied.

I asked him to reconsider but he said he can't and I can try again in 90 days.

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks

Just let reps call bank and everything will be worked out.

Offline TC610

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 24, 2011, 06:34:11 PM »

Just let reps call bank and everything will be worked out.

I tried that and my bank refused to cooperate with AMEX. 

Offline clownaparte

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 25, 2011, 05:02:25 PM »
I tried that and my bank refused to cooperate with AMEX.

It may be time for you to reconsider your relationship with your bank...

Offline juda

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 25, 2011, 05:17:29 PM »
do i need to see on the link the 30k offer cuz i dont see anything there
only the reg one ???

Offline irleetnoob

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 25, 2011, 07:56:55 PM »
do i need to see on the link the 30k offer cuz i dont see anything there
only the reg one ???

Please read the rest of the thread to show some effort before you ask questions :) FYI, the deal officially ended this last Monday 8/22.

Offline Ez

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 30, 2011, 11:27:22 PM »
I applied the 1'st time for Amex cards on June 21'st, for the Starwood & Premier rewards gold, (Of course through Dan's links, like i always do)

They send me letters on both asking me for an official letterhead from my bank confirming my address, which i sent them, then again, i received letters they can't verify my banker's signature, so i should have my banker call them from her "official" place of work. finally i got approved now.

Of course, i called them asking for the 30,000 points offer instead of the 25,000, (at the time i applied it wasn't even available then)

The rep made me sound like i'm asking her to give me the brooklyn bridge for free, but in the end she did me the biggest favor to send it for an investigation on how i ended up with this promo instead of that.

But she also revealed to me the code for the 30K promo, which i would like to share here:
U522:0001

Offline josh nyc

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 01, 2011, 12:52:45 PM »
But she also revealed to me the code for the 30K promo, which i would like to share here:
U522:0001

applied through dd link prior to 8/22 csr asked me for code above and said offer was only solicited for non-card members (no amex cards AT ALL at time of application) supervisor refused to match any starwood offers and said best can do is 3k goodwill and if i spend 15g in 6 months theyll give 15k. i did receive 10k first purchase bonus

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #188 on: September 01, 2011, 12:54:00 PM »
applied through dd link prior to 8/22 csr asked me for code above and said offer was only solicited for non-card members (no amex cards AT ALL at time of application) supervisor refused to match any starwood offers and said best can do is 3k goodwill and if i spend 15g in 6 months theyll give 15k. i did receive 10k first purchase bonus
If you PM me your name, address, and date you applied for the card (if you remember) I will past it onto my contact at AMEX who is investigating why some people aren't being told they aren't getting 30K.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline DovidR

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 02, 2011, 10:21:41 AM »
In July, I applied for and received the starwood consumer card. In mid august, I nabbed the business one as well.
I called to verify that I had the promotion on the consumer card and they said I didn't.
After 4 phone calls and a Secure Message, they granted me 3,000 points for my trouble and said I have the $4,500 promo on my account and the $15,000 spend    ;D

I then asked to verify that my business card has the 4500 spend promo. Apparently, I have no promos on the business card whatsoever  :o 

She said she'll set up an inquiry.

Offline compddd

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 02, 2011, 11:04:56 AM »
If I applied using the 30k link and got denied for the SPG personal, and then I manage to get it approved through recon will I still get the 30k?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #191 on: September 02, 2011, 01:14:59 PM »
If I applied using the 30k link and got denied for the SPG personal, and then I manage to get it approved through recon will I still get the 30k?
Yes.

In July, I applied for and received the starwood consumer card. In mid august, I nabbed the business one as well.
I called to verify that I had the promotion on the consumer card and they said I didn't.
After 4 phone calls and a Secure Message, they granted me 3,000 points for my trouble and said I have the $4,500 promo on my account and the $15,000 spend    ;D

I then asked to verify that my business card has the 4500 spend promo. Apparently, I have no promos on the business card whatsoever  :o 

She said she'll set up an inquiry.
They've had issues for some people and it's being corrected as we speak.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline DovidR

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 09, 2011, 12:37:22 PM »
Yes.
They've had issues for some people and it's being corrected as we speak.

I sent a SM, here's their response:

Response (Sonya Robinson)     09/09/2011 10:54 AM
Hi David RXXXXXX,

I’m sorry for any inconvenience this matter may have caused you.

Please note, bonus promotions are for targeted individuals only and if you are not targeted for an offer; then you would not be eligible for the promotional points. I regret to say that we are not able to apply promotions to Card accounts.

A letter was mailed out on 09/06/2011 concerning your inquiry and it should be received shortly.

Our Starwood Customer Service department letter states: that they were unable to confirm that you were solicited for a better promotional offer and they are requesting that you forward a copy of the solicitation with your name and billing address printed on it to:

American Express

P.O. Box 297814

Ft. Lauderdale, Fl. 33329-9784

Upon receipt of this information, they will be glad to further reach this offer for you.
Sincerely,

Sonya Robinson
Email Servicing Team

>:(

Help!

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 09, 2011, 01:30:26 PM »
Send an SM via americanexpress.com/messagecenter to social media.  Address it to Dear Courtney and tell her the problems you (and others) have been having with the spg 30k offer you signed up for during the recent public (NON-TARGETED) promotion for the card.

And keep us posted!

Offline Jimbob

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 09, 2011, 06:25:31 PM »
Send an SM via americanexpress.com/messagecenter to social media.  Address it to Dear Courtney and tell her the problems you (and others) have been having with the spg 30k offer you signed up for during the recent public (NON-TARGETED) promotion for the card.

And keep us posted!

What time does Courtney work? (I.E. - When is the best time to SM her?)

Offline DovidR

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: September 10, 2011, 09:40:10 PM »

And keep us posted!

I addressed an SM "Dear Courtney" on Friday, awaiting a response.

Meanwhile, I naively thought I might be able to fix this by phone. Customer service sent me to new accounts. New Accounts told me that I should call customer service. Upset that the folks at Amex don't seem to know what the blank they are doing, I demanded the retention department's number. I called... and they said I reached Consumer Retention and I should call Business Retention. Business retention tells me that there was no such non-targeted promotion for business cards, the promo was only for the Consumer Card.
And to top it all off, I got a letter today:

"This letter is regarding your Sheraton Starpoints Credit Card from American Express. We have researched our records and were unable to confirm that you were solicited for a better promotional offer. If you would like us to proceed with our research, please send us a copy of the solicitation you received.... Upon receipt of this information, we will be glad to research your claim.... If we can be of further assistance, please contact us at the telephone number located on your statement..."

It doesn't seem to matter that I told them over and over again, in writing and by phone, that the offer was non-targeted.

Are the Amex folks usually this inept?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 10, 2011, 10:05:09 PM »
Keep us posted when she sends you a response.  I'm very curious.
I'm also in communication with another AMEX dept. which is still investigating the whole situation.  It seems like this has somehow gotten entangled with the whole targeted codes problem even though this was a public offer.

Offline DovidR

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 10, 2011, 11:34:30 PM »
Meanwhile, is there a way I can prove to amex that they ran the promotion for the business card?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 10, 2011, 11:48:17 PM »
What exactly is your rush?  You can't give Courtney some time to respond?

Offline DovidR

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 11, 2011, 08:55:03 AM »
You're right; I'm soooo meshugah from this and not thinking clearly.