Author Topic: SPG AMEX Consumer And Business 30K Offer  (Read 63949 times)

Offline DovidR

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: SPG AMEX Consumer And Business 30K Offer
« Reply #200 on: September 13, 2011, 04:36:43 PM »
Courtney responded:

Good morning David,

I'd like to take a look into this for you but I need more information. We had several different promotions for the Starwood Business Card. Can you please provide the Bonus ID? The spend will need to be met as well before any points can be issued.

I then responded to Courtney, saying it was non-targeted. I gave her the details (spend, bonus, time alloted, expiration) and told her that I don't know the code for the business card but I know that the consumer code is U522:0001

Now we wait and see....

Offline DovidR

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 13, 2011, 07:31:33 PM »
Mystery solved - for me anyway.

She said that the offer was strictly for online applicants, not for application by phone. She said she doesn't know why the rep promised it, but - when I reach the spend - I should contact her again and she'll give me the 20K.

After 6 phone calls and an equal number of SMs, it was nice to finally get a competent rep who can give me an explanation.

I wish I could get something for my trouble, but... guess I'll just have to be happy I got anything at all.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #202 on: September 13, 2011, 08:26:19 PM »

She said that the offer was strictly for online applicants, not for application by phone. She said she doesn't know why the rep promised it, but - when I reach the spend - I should contact her again and she'll give me the 20K.

After 6 phone calls and an equal number of SMs, it was nice to finally get a competent rep who can give me an explanation.

I wish I could get something for my trouble, but... guess I'll just have to be happy I got anything at all.
::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline clownaparte

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 15, 2011, 01:02:53 AM »

I have not yet contacted Dear Courtney, but I am in a similar situation. I applied for the business card by phone (had trouble online) and confirmed three times with the rep that I would be receiving the 30k promo. When I called (On 9/1) to ask why the points had not posted, I was told they could not find such an offer for the business card - they only ever had such an offer with the consumer card. I tried explaining until I was blue in the face. The rep spoke to multiple(? - supposedly) departments and said no one could find such a promo for the business card. I kept demanding that they listen to my recorded phone call, where they would hear the agent confirm the offer details to me three times. I was finally transferred to a supervisor, who told me that they would investigate and would indeed listen to the recorded phone call. he told me that he was going on vacation until the 12th, and that I would hear from him by the 15th when they completed the "investigation". He gave me his employee number as well. Tomorrow (technically, today) is the 15th, so I am expecting a call. If I don't get one, I will both try to call him and reach out to "Dear Courtney"...

BTW, calling your state senator may work, but it might also fast-track you for an FR...

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #204 on: September 15, 2011, 01:30:32 AM »
I tell Courtney that a bunch of people that applied through my DD links have been wronged and she said to have them contact her but it turns out that those that were wronged didn't seem to have actually used the DD link...
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline clownaparte

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 15, 2011, 09:25:05 AM »
I tell Courtney that a bunch of people that applied through my DD links have been wronged and she said to have them contact her but it turns out that those that were wronged didn't seem to have actually used the DD link...

I don't know if everyone who was wronged applied by phone - I did because I had issues with this particular online application. Otherwise of course I'd prefer to use your links; why shouldn't you get something out of it? In fact, I more recently applied (and was approved) for both the Citi AA Visa and the Citi TYP using your links (and two browsers). There is l'chatchila and there is b'dieved...

Offline DovidR

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 15, 2011, 10:38:57 AM »
Dan, I had a difficult time with the consumer card as well, and I used your link for that one.
They gave it to me in the end with an extra 3K, but it was a hassle.

Offline APoshiterYid

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 18, 2011, 06:54:38 PM »
Hey, does anyone have a SS/PDF of the 30k offer? Thanks!
If you have my email PLEASE don't PM me :)

Offline DovidR

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 02, 2011, 08:24:55 AM »
Dan, Courtney came through; the points posted to my account.

yasher koach for all your assistance.
And thank you for all the valuable information, teaching us how to squeeze value out of every dollar and making life a little more comfortable. 8)

Offline smart brit

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 04, 2011, 02:52:05 AM »
hi i applied for the business spg and consumer spg for me and my wife through dd and met the spending threshold a while ago and i didn't see the 20k bonus points post yet should i be worried and send them a sm or call? Or i should wait until 8 weeks passes by?

Offline DovidR

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: October 04, 2011, 06:14:05 AM »
Sounds to me like you are already worried.
Any reason to not send an SM?

Offline theduke

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 04, 2011, 09:42:32 PM »
Anyone have a screenshot of the 30 k offer i applied online through the link but they only gave me 10 k i even sent a sm to them and they said i am not eligible for the 30 k, any ideas?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 04, 2011, 09:47:09 PM »
Anyone have a screenshot of the 30 k offer i applied online through the link but they only gave me 10 k i even sent a sm to them and they said i am not eligible for the 30 k, any ideas?
When did you apply?

Send an SM via americanexpress.com/messagecenter to social media.  Address it to Dear Courtney and tell her the problems you (and others) have been having with the spg 30k offer you signed up for during the recent public (NON-TARGETED) promotion for the card.

Offline bubbles

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 04, 2011, 09:56:06 PM »

dumb question but you did meet the spend requirements right?

Offline theduke

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 04, 2011, 10:58:38 PM »
i applied before the aug 22 deadline and i spent over 5 k, i emailed courtney and i guess ill wait for her reply.

Offline theduke

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 05, 2011, 05:44:53 PM »
I received a reply from courtney saying that i don't have any promo on my account. The only reason I applied for this card was for this promo. Does anybody have a screenshot of the offer?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 05, 2011, 05:48:21 PM »
I received a reply from courtney saying that i don't have any promo on my account. The only reason I applied for this card was for this promo. Does anybody have a screenshot of the offer?
Tell her you again that you applied during the 30k public promo for spending $4,500 and there's no reason that the promo shouldn't be on your account.

Offline theduke

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 05, 2011, 06:03:24 PM »
Hi,
trying my luck again ???
Is there anybody out there with proof of the offer so I can get through this quicker?
I want to go on a trip this winter and im trying to rack up points...

Offline MnM1130

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 05, 2011, 06:05:02 PM »
Hi,
trying my luck again ???
Is there anybody out there with proof of the offer so I can get through this quicker?
I want to go on a trip this winter and im trying to rack up points...
I have the ad in the email dan sent to me to sign up... you want that? i mean it says it straight out there...

Offline theduke

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 05, 2011, 06:40:59 PM »
def if you can send it to me