Author Topic: SPG AMEX Consumer And Business 30K Offer  (Read 64443 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: SPG AMEX Consumer And Business 30K Offer
« Reply #120 on: July 26, 2011, 06:12:40 PM »
The business 30K application is showing 10K+20K at front page, but once you click Continue, it'll revert back to the old 10K+15K offer, what's going on?
From AMEX:
"We are currently experiencing some issues with our landing pages and applications for both the Consumer and Small Business Starwood Preferred Guest ® Limited Time Offer. We are working with our tech teams to update the language on the pages ASAP and will notify you when the fix has gone in. We apologize for any confusion or issues that this may cause. Importantly, Prospects who are approved for the offers will receive the 30k points if they qualify (this is just a text error on the pages). Thank you for your patience!"

Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #121 on: July 26, 2011, 06:15:26 PM »
1)Has anyone successfully closed their spg card recently and signed up again and got approved? please write  how long after closing did you apply 
I've gotten 2 business SPGs simultaneously and got 10k for each no problem in the past.  Also did consumer and business SPG 30K last year successfully.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline juda

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 26, 2011, 06:43:17 PM »
I've gotten 2 business SPGs simultaneously and got 10k for each no problem in the past.  Also did consumer and business SPG 30K last year successfully.
yah.
by amex ones you are around the table you can eat how much you want !! :D

Offline Smokey Joe Robinson

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Best Western Diamond Elite, Marriott Rewards Silver, Hertz President's Circle, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, United Premier Silver
« Reply #123 on: July 26, 2011, 07:32:01 PM »
From AMEX:
"We are currently experiencing some issues with our landing pages and applications for both the Consumer and Small Business Starwood Preferred Guest ® Limited Time Offer. We are working with our tech teams to update the language on the pages ASAP and will notify you when the fix has gone in. We apologize for any confusion or issues that this may cause. Importantly, Prospects who are approved for the offers will receive the 30k points if they qualify (this is just a text error on the pages). Thank you for your patience!"
This may be the window needed for people who mistakenly applied through the wrong link etc
My Programs Are Listed So That I Don't Forget Them :)

Offline bathtub

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 26, 2011, 08:16:31 PM »
Can I apply for the business card without having an official business?

Offline bathtub

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 26, 2011, 08:22:42 PM »
Also, if churning, should I put in my SPG number?

Offline Yellow

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Hertz #1 gold, Accor Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
« Reply #126 on: July 26, 2011, 09:07:29 PM »
Can I apply for the business card without having an official business?
Yep just say its a sole propeitorship

Offline shtickel

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 28, 2011, 12:44:37 PM »
I just received 5,000 points in my account with a description of "SPG AX LOYALTY BONUS-ALL."
What could that be for? I recently had an approved referral, but he did not even receive his card yet and the terminology does not sound like it came from a referral. Would be nice to receive a pure "loyalty bonus" as well.
Thanks.

Offline Swizard210

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, DL Silver Medallion, SPG Gold
« Reply #128 on: July 28, 2011, 04:16:23 PM »
Also, if churning, should I put in my SPG number?

I too am curious regarding this.  I want to apply for both the SPG Consumer and Business Card.  I just made an SPG account on the Starwood website, and was given a number.  Should I put this number on my applications?  On just one?  Both?  Neither?

Say I don't put it on any application, will I end up with 3 accounts and then be able to merge them?

Lastly,  Thanks to Dan, since this past March 2011, I have successfully gotten a Delta Skymiles Gold Card, Platinum Card, and Premier Reward Gold Card.  All are still active (though I am planing on canceling them).  I want to ideally apply for the SPG Consumer, SPG Business, and Gold Business in the next week or so.  I am becoming rather apprehensive with all this F/R Talk.  Do you think I will be fine if I go through with it?

Offline compddd

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 28, 2011, 08:50:11 PM »
I'm curious too. Did you do a double browser app for the Business and Consumer last year Dan? Did you leave the SPG account number field blank?

Offline compddd

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 29, 2011, 04:02:33 PM »
So is the consenus to put the same Starwood account number everytime you apply for a SPG or to leave it blank?

Offline Swizard210

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 30, 2011, 04:10:07 PM »
I too am curious regarding this.  I want to apply for both the SPG Consumer and Business Card.  I just made an SPG account on the Starwood website, and was given a number.  Should I put this number on my applications?  On just one?  Both?  Neither?

Say I don't put it on any application, will I end up with 3 accounts and then be able to merge them?

Lastly,  Thanks to Dan, since this past March 2011, I have successfully gotten a Delta Skymiles Gold Card, Platinum Card, and Premier Reward Gold Card.  All are still active (though I am planing on canceling them).  I want to ideally apply for the SPG Consumer, SPG Business, and Gold Business in the next week or so.  I am becoming rather apprehensive with all this F/R Talk.  Do you think I will be fine if I go through with it?  Should I cancel 1 or more of the cards prior to applying?  If so which ones?  Should I try to get a retention before canceling and push my applying for the SPG close to the deadline (8/22/11)?

If there is any further information you may want to know to better give me your evaluation, please do ask. (Modified version of my original post.)

I'd really appreciate it if someone could address my earlier post.  I was hoping to apply for the cards today or tomorrow (sooner the better).  Thank you!

Offline Swizard210

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 31, 2011, 08:08:50 PM »
I just applied for both the SPG Consumer and Business using the 2 Browser Trick.  I got pending decisions on both.  So I called 1-800-582-6471, and the representative just approved both applications, no questions asked.  I didn't put in my SPG number on either application, so we'll see what happens in regards to that.  Maybe they'll give me two new accounts and then I'll merge them with my original after I get the promotional points?

Anyway, thank you, Dan!

Offline skyguy918

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 02, 2011, 10:29:01 PM »
I recently signed a relative up for the SPG consumer with a 10k referral bonus from my account, and now I'm having trouble getting her matched to the 30k offer. Several rejections via SM to cobrand rewards (even 2 from one CSR) and one over the phone. They all say, different promotions for different times. My most recent attempt is an SM to social media facebook. We'll see if that works.

Offline springles

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 03, 2011, 11:50:42 PM »
I had the original offer of 15k and 10k after $15k spent in 6 months. Then after I had spent 5000+ in 2 months I SM'd and asked them to match to the new 30k offer which they said ok to and gave me the additional 15k right away.  Do you think there is any chance that I will get the 10k if I reach the 15k spend threshold within 6 months too?

Online gozalim

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 04, 2011, 12:33:41 AM »
I had the original offer of 15k and 10k after $15k spent in 6 months. Then after I had spent 5000+ in 2 months I SM'd and asked them to match to the new 30k offer which they said ok to and gave me the additional 15k right away.  Do you think there is any chance that I will get the 10k if I reach the 15k spend threshold within 6 months too?
you got 15K after 1st purchase? not 10K? (usually it's 10 after 1st purchase and 15 after $15K) in which case they should have matched you 20K not 15.

in answer to your question, IME you will get the (2nd) bonus, but obviously not by calling to ask for it. it should post on its own

Offline springles

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 04, 2011, 11:07:06 AM »
you got 15K after 1st purchase? not 10K? (usually it's 10 after 1st purchase and 15 after $15K) in which case they should have matched you 20K not 15.
You're right, my mistake.  I got 10k after $1 and then they matched me by giving me 20k after $4500 spent.
in answer to your question, IME you will get the (2nd) bonus, but obviously not by calling to ask for it. it should post on its own.
So I should continue trying to spend the $15k.  It is going to take some effort and if I wasnt getting the 15k bonus I wouldnt get close but if there is a chance I can still get the 15k then I will try.

Online gozalim

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 04, 2011, 11:59:17 AM »
So I should continue trying to spend the $15k.  It is going to take some effort and if I wasnt getting the 15k bonus I wouldnt get close but if there is a chance I can still get the 15k then I will try.
i haven't had experience with SPG in particular, but with other cards where stuff was added as an 'adjustment' the underlying promo stayed the same.
if you wannt to verify; look how the 20k are labeled, as well as call amex and ask (without mentioning any matching or anything) to just tell you what your signup/spend bonus is.

Offline Hudi

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 05, 2011, 03:16:13 PM »
I just applied for the SPG Consumer Amex yesterday while simultaneously upgrading a card to HH AMEX for 60,000 points. Got approved for the HH instantly but I didn't get an instant response about the SPG card. The app status still says "In progress" Is it worth it to call and ask to push it through or wait it out for their decision?

P.S I have an SPG Business already open for 2 years and I opened and closed a spg consumer card 2 years ago.

Online gozalim

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 10, 2011, 05:42:41 PM »
got declined for this
Thank you for your recent application for the Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit CardSM from American Express.  It is our pleasure to service your request for an American Express card.

Regrettably, we are canceling this application.  You currently have the maximum number and type of American Express products we allow.

An important notice concerning your rights is included.  The creditor is American Express Bank, FSB
I currently have 2 open personal (1 spg 1 other) and 2 open business (as well as 2-3 closed cards total)

1)anyone ever get this? can i close some existing cards and get approved?
2) is it possible they didn't even do a Credit pull?