Author Topic: Honored: Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos Price Mistake  (Read 6278 times)

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Honored: Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos Price Mistake
« on: December 19, 2017, 02:32:35 PM »
https://www.dansdeals.com/points-travel/hotel-deals/price-mistake-hyatt-ziva-los-cabos-inclusive-2-bedroom-grand-suites-291night/

*Being Honored.*

Anyone booked?

They say they won't allow "name changes" but I can't imagine 6 months down the road they won't allow Additional Guests...

HT: Dan
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline mochjas

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
Re: Honored: Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos Price Mistake
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 02:59:51 PM »
https://www.dansdeals.com/points-travel/hotel-deals/price-mistake-hyatt-ziva-los-cabos-inclusive-2-bedroom-grand-suites-291night/

*Being Honored.*

Anyone booked?

They say they won't allow "name changes" but I can't imagine 6 months down the road they won't allow Additional Guests...

HT: Dan
you can just call hyatt to add a name assuming you put 2 adults on the reservation

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 03:04:32 PM »
Obv, the question is whether they'll be more attune to the AG angle at check in.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline farmbochur

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 03:04:41 PM »

*Being Honored.*

HT: Farmbochur
Ftfy
Risk is opportunity

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 03:06:10 PM »
lol, fair enough

Offline hide4

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2017, 03:20:31 PM »
Who said you can't make a name change?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2017, 03:21:44 PM »
I did.

Offline hide4

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2017, 03:25:00 PM »

Offline AJK

• View Profile

Offline hide4

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2017, 03:26:53 PM »
Exactly.
I'm lost. Lol
Feels like abbott and costello.
Who's "they"?

Offline farmbochur

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2017, 03:39:38 PM »
Here's a copy of the email they sent me last night:

Dear Mr. Farmbochur,

Thank you for making your reservation at the Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos under confirmation number (xxxxxxxxx).

We recently experienced a system error that resulted in the display of incorrect room rates at our hotel.  This was our mistake, and we have addressed it.

While the Hyatt.com terms and conditions permit the Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos to cancel reservations in this situation, the Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos has decided to honor the rate, date(s) and name(s) for which your reservation was originally booked*.  We look forward to welcoming you to our Los Cabos resort, but please do note that any change to the date(s) or name(s) on your reservation will affect the rate.

Additionally, we would like to share with you the exciting news that whale watching season has commenced in beautiful Los Cabos. We encourage all of our valued guests to witness this natural spectacle from our oceanfront restaurants, the binoculars in our lobby, or even from the guestroom balconies ,April is probably the last month for seeing these magnificent animals until it all starts again in the fall.

Mr. Farmbochur, we thank you in advance for your understanding and we look forward to welcoming you to the Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos!

Best regards,

FRANCISCO J. SILVA MEANA

General Manager

HYATT ZIVA LOS CABOS

Paseo Malecón SN, Lote 5

Fonatur, Zona Hotelera, BCS

T + 52 (624) 163 7730 ext. 4012 

franciscoj.silva@hyatt.com

loscabos.ziva.hyatt.com
Risk is opportunity

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2017, 03:40:37 PM »

I did.
Clearly I and They are both employees at Hyatt.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline as2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2017, 04:09:36 PM »
Clearly I and They are both employees at Hyatt.
Clearly works for Spg. I and They work for hyatt.
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2017, 04:28:57 PM »

Dear Mr. Farmbochur,

Thank you for making your reservation at the Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos under confirmation number (xxxxxxxxx).

We recently experienced a system error that resulted in the display of incorrect room rates at our hotel.  This was our mistake, and we have addressed it.

While the Hyatt.com terms and conditions permit the Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos to cancel reservations in this situation, the Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos has decided to honor the rate, date(s) and name(s) for which your reservation was originally booked*.  We look forward to welcoming you to our Los Cabos resort, but please do note that any change to the date(s) or name(s) on your reservation will affect the rate.

Additionally, we would like to share with you the exciting news that whale watching season has commenced in beautiful Los Cabos. We encourage all of our valued guests to witness this natural spectacle from our oceanfront restaurants, the binoculars in our lobby, or even from the guestroom balconies ,April is probably the last month for seeing these magnificent animals until it all starts again in the fall.

Mr. Farmbochur, we thank you in advance for your understanding and we look forward to welcoming you to the Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos!

Best regards,

FRANCISCO J. SILVA MEANA

General Manager

HYATT ZIVA LOS CABOS

Paseo Malecón SN, Lote 5

loscabos.ziva.hyatt.com

There's an * with more details on the bottom as well.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline farmbochur

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2017, 04:33:27 PM »
There's an * with more details on the bottom as well.
* All terms and conditions, including the hotel’s cancellation policy and the applicable Hyatt.com terms and conditions, still apply to your reservation.  This includes the prohibition on reselling or distributing rooms.  The reservation is not transferrable.  At check-in, identification will be requested.  This reservation may not be combined with other offers or award or certificate redemptions. Date and name changes will not be accepted.

Risk is opportunity

Offline dprocuk

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2017, 12:51:27 AM »
Can anyone share the specific email evidence?  I never received.

I'd love to have proof.

You can PM me.

Offline farmbochur

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2017, 07:34:33 AM »

Can anyone share the specific email evidence?  I never received.

I'd love to have proof.

You can PM me.

Dear Mr. Farmbochur,

Best regards,

FRANCISCO J. SILVA MEANA

General Manager

HYATT ZIVA LOS CABOS

Paseo Malecón SN, Lote 5

loscabos.ziva.hyatt.com

Risk is opportunity

Offline dprocuk

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2017, 10:39:12 AM »
Farmbochur - I saw that from 12/19 and already provided that.  They want to see an actual email, not just the text.

I sent you a PM with my email address.  If you can forward me the email, that would be great.  No issue if you block out the confirmation number.

Offline dprocuk

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2018, 06:04:16 PM »
Happy New Year!

Can anyone provide proof or additional data points to this?  All we seem to have is a typed of letter, but that can easily be forged.

Booking.com is asking to see the Hyatt generated email as proof that Hyatt is in fact honoring the rate error.

Anyone?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2018, 06:08:51 PM »
You're doing this all wrong.

Go directly to the hotel and explain the situation.  They're better equipped to handle it and by going direct, it costs Hyatt less, too, so they're incentivized to assist.