Author Topic: Rubashkin freed from prison.  (Read 181314 times)

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
Re: Rubashkin freed from prison.
« Reply #960 on: August 11, 2019, 11:37:35 PM »
There are a numerous conspiratorial themes in the article, for instance, Trump "welcomed Chabad" into the White House. It's true, but what they don't mention is that it was also true for every president going back to Nixon.

Among potentially violent conspiracy theorists, the fact that Chabad "controls" Trump is sadly not uncommon.

This is just one example.
So you are going to pick out a word here and there? Unless I missed it no where does it say anyone controls Trump or even suggests it.

You are completely missing the point of the article.
1 - Kushner's influence on the decision.
2 - Trump doing it for votes.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Online Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #961 on: August 11, 2019, 11:42:21 PM »
So you are going to pick out a word here and there? Unless I missed it no where does it say anyone controls Trump or even suggests it.

You are completely missing the point of the article.
1 - Kushner's influence on the decision.
2 - Trump doing it for votes.
We're not really arguing, the core points could be true but the way it was reported was clumsy at best, dangerous at worst.

As for point number 2, the Orthodox make up such a tiny part of the electorate, and mostly in blue states anyway. Rubashkin had/will have 0% affect on the vote. Attributing political power where there is none is classic anti semitism which has gotten thousands of Jews killed throughout the ages.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #962 on: August 11, 2019, 11:45:08 PM »
We're not really arguing, the core points could be true but the way it was reported was clumsy at best, dangerous at worst.

As for point number 2, the Orthodox make up such a tiny part of the electorate, and mostly in blue states anyway. Rubashkin had/will have 0% affect on the vote. Attributing political power where there is none is classic anti semitism which has gotten thousands of Jews killed throughout the ages.
Would it be fair to say "words matter"? When you use words like this article (as you point out) or words like Trumps uses (as I constantly point out) it is a dangerous game that is being played?

Online Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #963 on: August 11, 2019, 11:51:42 PM »
Would it be fair to say "words matter"? When you use words like this article (as you point out) or words like Trumps uses (as I constantly point out) it is a dangerous game that is being played?
I don't frequent that thread anymore, but go back to when I did and you'll find I was not a fan of his in the slightest and criticized his words plenty

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #964 on: August 11, 2019, 11:53:43 PM »
I don't frequent that thread anymore, but go back to when I did and you'll find I was not a fan of his in the slightest and criticized his words plenty
I have seen that and you could have just answered "yes".  :)

Offline YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: August 12, 2019, 12:48:51 AM »
The style of reporting was one that, although none of the facts may be false, the agenda was obvious and scarcely obscured. I'm going to post just a few lines that seemingly have no place in the article, yet they show that this piece was meant to be anti-Trump and possibly also anti-Kushner:

President Trump has also welcomed the Lubavitch group into the White House.
All three have left the White House.

The irony of the contradictory politics in the two clemency cases never struck him, at least visibly, says a White House source.

said a prominent lawyer speaking on the condition of anonymity, for fear of reprisals.

All these lines are typical tactics used to paint a narrative. Irrelevant (line 1 and 2), unverifiable (3), or just anxiety (4).

Also, there were way too many unnamed sources in this piece. They make it sound like every top ranking White House employee is willing to rat on the president to CNN, but only anonymously. Imagine if I would say such a thing?

"Three sources within the Dans Deals hierarchy have shared that JJ may have taken Dan captive in some unknown location. Another two sources, who don't want to be named, have said that JJ has been drinking a lot of Red Bull yesterday. A lawyer, who is scared of JJ and will therefore not allow us to disclose his name, noted that JJ didn't deny holding Dan hostage. Another source also confided that JJ may have been jealous of the business being called DansDeals and not JJDeals, or at least EleffDeals. 12 former forum participants said that Dan hadn't posted a deal in 18 minutes. JJ likes Red Bull, CNN has confirmed."

Offline henche

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: August 12, 2019, 07:14:52 PM »
The style of reporting was one that, although none of the facts may be false, the agenda was obvious and scarcely obscured. I'm going to post just a few lines that seemingly have no place in the article, yet they show that this piece was meant to be anti-Trump and possibly also anti-Kushner:

All these lines are typical tactics used to paint a narrative. Irrelevant (line 1 and 2), unverifiable (3), or just anxiety (4).

Also, there were way too many unnamed sources in this piece. They make it sound like every top ranking White House employee is willing to rat on the president to CNN, but only anonymously. Imagine if I would say such a thing?

I object to not being mentioned in your example.

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #967 on: August 12, 2019, 11:19:25 PM »
I object to not being mentioned in your example.
It was solely for fear of reprisal and retribution.

Offline Something Fishy

• Global Moderator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 44
    • View Profile
    • Kosher Horizons
« Reply #968 on: December 30, 2019, 11:46:28 PM »
It's been two years!

Came across this fantastic collection of videos from that night and just finished reliving it. What an unbelievable sight, seeing thousands upon thousands of Yidden from absolutely all stripes coming together to welcome back a man they had never even seen before.

I was fortunate to be at his house in Monsey when he arrived (spot me in the Monsey video :P) - I remember taking my daughter and walking the couple of blocks to his house, ignoring the flu I was coming down with. I don't think it's something either of us will ever forget.

I feel that that night was just a tiny little taste of what it would be when Moshiach arrives - all kinds of Jews putting aside their differences and just running into the street to sing and dance as one.

Still freaks me out how fast everything happened - went from a couple of far-fetched rumors on Whatsapp to an absolute flood simcha in a few short minutes. Amazing.
Check out my site for epic kosher adventures: Kosher Horizons

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #969 on: December 31, 2019, 12:18:01 AM »
I feel that that night was just a tiny little taste of what it would be when Moshiach arrives - all kinds of Jews putting aside their differences and just running into the street to sing and dance as one.

Still freaks me out how fast everything happened - went from a couple of far-fetched rumors on Whatsapp to an absolute flood simcha in a few short minutes. Amazing.

Indeed. I think that was a universal feeling (definitely 'round here seeing how everyone came to 770).
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline henche

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: December 31, 2019, 12:07:45 PM »
I was in ORD, and spent the night watching live feed from 770

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile