Author Topic: St Regis Maldives Voucher  (Read 1979 times)

Offline Deals Fan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Spg Platinum, Avis Presidents club, Hertz PC Hyatt Platinum, United Silver
St Regis Maldives Voucher
« on: December 30, 2017, 10:39:07 PM »
I have a  $6575 voucher at the st regis maldives. Has to be used before March 31st 2018. Will take $5000 for it. PM or email me.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: St Regis Maldives Voucher
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 10:52:06 PM »
Erm, how did you wind up with that?
Missed a cancel deadline?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Deals Fan

• View Profile
  • Programs: Spg Platinum, Avis Presidents club, Hertz PC Hyatt Platinum, United Silver
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 11:03:36 PM »
Erm, how did you wind up with that?
Missed a cancel deadline?
For a Bro in law of mine he booked the glitch deal....booked and didnt have enough points so they booked it on hold and claim they have 48 hours to put the points in the account or it becomes a cash booking non refundable which they didnt know.... back n forth they gave them a voucher...instead of a refund...long story..

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2017, 11:04:30 PM »
Why would it become non-refundable?
Why not fight it with the CC?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Deals Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2017, 11:05:53 PM »
He said he tried everything and they did not want to budge....they said NON refundable.

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2017, 11:07:49 PM »
He said he tried everything and they did not want to budge....they said NON refundable.
Small claims court? This sounds totally wrong

Offline Deals Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2017, 11:09:00 PM »
yup, they couldn't help.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2017, 11:09:34 PM »
Did he file for a chargeback?
Write to SPG corporate?
PM Starwood Lurker on FT?

C'mon...something is missing here.

Offline Deals Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2017, 11:11:25 PM »
Did he file for a chargeback?
Write to SPG corporate?
PM Starwood Lurker on FT?

C'mon...something is missing here.
thanks i will try now

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2017, 11:12:27 PM »
thanks i will try now
Maybe post what you're going to write here first for parsing. You need to be clear and concise in what happened and what you expect.

Offline YOSEF

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2017, 11:17:38 PM »
It's supposed to auto cancel IME

Offline Deals Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2017, 11:33:19 PM »
Maybe post what you're going to write here first for parsing. You need to be clear and concise in what happened and what you expect.
Let me know if this needs fixing.
To whom it may concern,
We booked a reservation back in May at the St Regis Maldives.  When we made the reservation we were short a few thousand points so the Starwood associate booked it as a cash rate. (Which was the whole misunderstanding). We thought if we didn’t transfer the points the whole reservation would cancel so we didn’t even bother to call and cancel. On October 23 we get a greetings email from st Regis Maldives and immediately we called to say what’s going on? It should’ve been cancelled!! October 23 at 6pm Maldives time was the deadline to cancel without penalty. We spoke to them on October 24 because of the time difference and they said we are sorry but cannot refund you this...We are turning to you for your help for a refund as we were not able to come and we are left with a voucher of over $6000...

Offline 12HRS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2017, 12:09:29 AM »
as much as i like to use...this is not the place...

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2017, 12:18:11 AM »
Let me know if this needs fixing.
To whom it may concern,
We booked a reservation back in May at the St Regis Maldives.  When we made the reservation we were short a few thousand points so the Starwood associate booked it as a cash rate. (Which was the whole misunderstanding). We thought if we didn’t transfer the points the whole reservation would cancel so we didn’t even bother to call and cancel. On October 23 we get a greetings email from st Regis Maldives and immediately we called to say what’s going on? It should’ve been cancelled!! October 23 at 6pm Maldives time was the deadline to cancel without penalty. We spoke to them on October 24 because of the time difference and they said we are sorry but cannot refund you this...We are turning to you for your help for a refund as we were not able to come and we are left with a voucher of over $6000...
This really makes it sound like it was your fault, I don't like it.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline Deals Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2017, 09:16:22 AM »
Husbands version.

We booked a reservation back in May at the st regis Maldives.  We didn’t have enough points for the entire reservation so the representative said we had up to 24 hours to transfer enough points or the reservation would not go through. Within 24 hours, we decided we just don’t want to travel all the way there so we didn’t transfer the Points, thus making the reservation null and void.
On October 23 we got a greetings email from st Regis Maldives and immediately we called to say what’s going on? It should’ve been cancelled!! October 23 at 6pm Maldives time was the deadline to cancel without penalty. We spoke to them on October 24 because of the time difference. After disputing the charge with Amex Platinum, the only proof the ST Regis Maldives gave them was a one page email that has a copy of their Cancelation policy on it. It didn’t even reference our reservation, names, dates, etc. I have no idea how on earth Amex Platinum accepted that as proof that they were right! It’s beyond me.
After fighting with SPG(which didn’t help at all) they told me that the reservation was a cash reservation and was never made as a points booking to begin with.
THIS IS A BIG MIXUP ON SPG’s PART!
Nonetheless, SPG said the only thing we can do it talk to the hotel directly. After a month of back and forth phone calls and emails, they agreed to allow us to use the $6,575 towards a stay until the end of March.
I filed a claim against SPG with the Better Business Bureau but they didn’t get back to me.
Pls help. $6,575 is a lot of money and to lose it on such non sense and lying like this is sickening.

Offline yitrap

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2017, 10:22:00 AM »
You need to remove your emotions from the letter, lay down the facts and your request.

Offline as2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2017, 11:04:42 AM »
You need to remove your emotions from the letter, lay down the facts and your request.
+.5 personally I'd keep in your feelings on how this was handled, and how you were treated.
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline Deals Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2017, 01:18:15 PM »
Dan please help

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2017, 01:19:53 PM »
You may want to try disputing the charge with amex again, sometimes they'll refuse it the first time if the company sends anything in but if you dispute again they may side with you.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy