Author Topic: MSC cruiseline - kosher  (Read 2326 times)

Offline arties

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
MSC cruiseline - kosher
« on: June 01, 2015, 01:05:21 PM »
We're strongly considering the Msc cruiseline for a cruise in Europe this summer - much cheaper than any other ones with kids free rules.

Did anyone cruise on these that can comment on their kosher food?  I couldn't get info from them on the supervision. Is the food free?

Offline G11600

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: MSC cruiseline - kosher
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 02:08:59 PM »
We're strongly considering the Msc cruiseline for a cruise in Europe this summer - much cheaper than any other ones with kids free rules.

Did anyone cruise on these that can comment on their kosher food?  I couldn't get info from them on the supervision. Is the food free?

Menu sounds pretty good to me -

http://cleditorial.s3.amazonaws.com/article/cruising101/cheat-sheet/kosher/msc-kosher-menu.pdf

Not sure re supervision though...

Offline arties

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 02:44:47 PM »
Menu sounds pretty good to me -

http://cleditorial.s3.amazonaws.com/article/cruising101/cheat-sheet/kosher/msc-kosher-menu.pdf

Not sure re supervision though...

Yup, I saw that. I called them and they said it's about $30 per day, but couldn't tell me the menu or the supervision as it varies per ship. So I wanted to see if anyone actually did this - and any opinions on it

Offline nirc

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 01:08:34 PM »
Yup, I saw that. I called them and they said it's about $30 per day, but couldn't tell me the menu or the supervision as it varies per ship. So I wanted to see if anyone actually did this - and any opinions on it

Just spoke to them and per the rep they changed their policy, and it's now $20 per day per person and includes lunch and supper. They also mentioned how they do not allow food onto the ship.

This was a deal breaker for me - paying extra for frozen food on a mediocre cruise line.  The only reason I even considered MSC was because they are the only cruise line that allows infants under 6 months old on it.