Author Topic: El-al dropping UP, adding new seating options, and flying direct to San Fran!!!  (Read 5491 times)

Offline Yaalili

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 150
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, MLife Gold, National Executive Elite, Radisson Gold, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, DansDeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite.
On a single award?

What about 2 partners?

Cannot combine 2 partners on single award, though you could combine AS with any single partner.

Online ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
Cannot combine 2 partners on single award, though you could combine AS with any single partner.
OK. Good to know. Is that true also about VX?
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Yaalili

• View Profile
  • Programs: Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, MLife Gold, National Executive Elite, Radisson Gold, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, DansDeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite.
Is that true also about VX?

For flight on or after 04-25, yes.

Offline shapsam

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
Everyone including Top Platinum members will have to pay for luggage on the new "lite" fares.
Gold members will have to pay to choose a seat on the new "lite" fares.
The UP flights will still operate from terminal 1 (no lounge access) even after it becomes regular ElAl.
Devaluation to the UP destinations.

https://www.elal.com/en/FrequentFlyer/Europe-Changes/Pages/default.aspx?utm_source=matmid&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=europechanges&utm_content=elaleng
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 10:56:08 AM by shapsam »

Offline moe8555

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Aegean Silver, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Well, they'll certainly be losing my business with these changes (and I'll be cancelling my Fly Card Premium).

150 points + $60 YQ + taxes for a 35 minute flight to Cyprus that Ryan Air sells for 10 euros all in?  And the same paid flight would only net you 10-20 points back? They're insane.

Offline moe8555

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Aegean Silver, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
El Al will also be changing their meal service (at least for European flights, not sure about long hauls).  They mention it in a few replies to post comments on their Israel Facebook page, but no real details are given.

Fortunately for all of you, I actually took part in their survey so here's the inside scoop (remember me down the road for the HT :-) ):

They're looking at two new options instead of the traditional "full meal":

1) A lunchbox concept - You get a box with a main course, beverage poured into a cup, side spread (humus, etc.), and very modest dessert.
2) Sandwich concept - Only a sandwich, personal beverage, and modest dessert (couple of cookies)

I was asked to choose between the options vs. a traditional meal - voted down the sandwich concept every time.  I had to pick between the two new options and went with the lunchbox.

This is yet another downgrade in my eyes.

Offline shapsam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
El Al will also be changing their meal service (at least for European flights, not sure about long hauls).  They mention it in a few replies to post comments on their Israel Facebook page, but no real details are given.

Fortunately for all of you, I actually took part in their survey so here's the inside scoop (remember me down the road for the HT :-) ):

They're looking at two new options instead of the traditional "full meal":

1) A lunchbox concept - You get a box with a main course, beverage poured into a cup, side spread (humus, etc.), and very modest dessert.
2) Sandwich concept - Only a sandwich, personal beverage, and modest dessert (couple of cookies)

I was asked to choose between the options vs. a traditional meal - voted down the sandwich concept every time.  I had to pick between the two new options and went with the lunchbox.

This is yet another downgrade in my eyes.
I think that is what they serve on UP Y+

Offline yandmk

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile

Offline Yaalili

• View Profile
Well made video, though no passenger ever asked for these choices..

Online tavster

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LY TP
Well made video, though no passenger ever asked for these choices..
LY stated objective is to be able to compete with  low-cost airlines. So if they will be lowering ticket prices materially I assume passengers would care. However I doubt this will happen

Online chff

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
  • Programs: All of them...
LY stated objective is to be able to compete with  low-cost airlines. So if they will be lowering ticket prices materially I assume passengers would care. However I doubt this will happen
DDF policy to bash Elal, but they are not competing with LCC, they are competing with the legacy as well. Did I miss the news that LH killed their fare Families?

Offline Solma

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
So put a suboptimal plane on the route for a year.
Or keep following in UA footsteps and playing catch-up.

Looks like UA is ahead of the game and switching the SFO TLV route to a 77W starting May 2018.

Offline yandmk

• View Profile
Looks like UA is ahead of the game and switching the SFO TLV route to a 77W starting May 2018.
Are they getting more deliveries, or will this be compromising on the EWR route?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16441
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
As predicted :)
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline yandmk

• View Profile
As predicted :)
You predicted that they would change aircraft to the new Polaris seat before El Al starts the route?