Author Topic: Car Rental in EU for 21+ days www.renaultusa.com/  (Read 1716 times)

Offline hocker

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Car Rental in EU for 21+ days www.renaultusa.com/
« on: January 08, 2018, 05:27:09 PM »
Anyone heard of this?

www.renaultusa.com

Offline ludmila

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
Re: Car Rental in EU for 21+ days www.renaultusa.com/
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 10:51:49 PM »
Did not understand how it works , so are they leasing the cars from Renault and renting them to consumers?
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.

Offline anna

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 12:35:01 PM »
I've used renaultusa.com to book my Renault Eurodrive lease for my trip to Milan, Italy.  Don't overthink it, this is a long-term rental in Europe, works just like a rental, here are a few pros and cons:

:D Pros:
- can take the car anywhere like Eastern Europe (Czech republic, Croatia, Poland and etc), which regular rentals won't let you
- full zero-deductible insurance (better than that of a regular rental) so you don't need to worry about any dents or dings when you return the car
- factory new car
- factory gps loaded with Europe maps and bunch of great hands-free features like bluetooth and phone connectivity
- no fee for additional driver, so your partner, parents and kids can drive free of charge
- no one-way fees so you can pickup your car in Portugal and return in France and pay zero one-way
- hassle-free pickup and drop off, you know exactly the model you get ahead of time and no worries with the 24/7 road-side assistance
- they've been around for over 50 years, so pretty reliable in their service

:-\ Limitations:
- Because it's a tax-free program you have to reside outside of EU to qualify
- Can't modify the car color or options (but you can check the standard specs for the model so you know what's included)
- Have to book early in advance otherwise the models get limited, for example if you want a car with winter tires
- 40 locations in Europe where you can pickup/return, so have to make sure this fits with your travel plans, here's the map of their centers http://renaultusa.com/MapsOfLocations.asp
- Min duration is 21 days and max is 6 months unless you are a teacher, student, researcher or journalist going to Europe for a training or an assignment then you can lease for up to 1-2 years

All-in-all our experience was great, the only issue we had was a flat tire in Tuscany when we drove off the beaten path but their assistance was quick to send a tow truck to get us back on the road (which was all covered by the insurance), so crisis averted.

Offline lubaby

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 01:07:54 PM »
I've used renaultusa.com to book my Renault Eurodrive lease for my trip to Milan, Italy.  Don't overthink it,
Sorry, that's not a thing.

You magically came here today to tell us about your "personal experience"?

If you're affiliated with the company, why hide it? (Most) people here don't bite.

Offline anna

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 01:36:36 PM »
lubaby: Thank you for your comment. I'm an avid traveler and like to research and contribute to travel forums on different topics, covering mainly Europe and South America.  If you think you can answer the proposed question better, please do share...

Offline Yammer

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 01:44:15 PM »
lubaby: Thank you for your comment. I'm an avid traveler and like to research and contribute to travel forums on different topics, covering mainly Europe and South America.  If you think you can answer the proposed question better, please do share...
Welcome to DDF @anna .

You didn't answer his questions, are you affiliated with them?

It's not a problem if you are, its just the right thing to do.