Author Topic: American Airlines to offer on-the-spot compensation for inflight inconveniences.  (Read 916 times)

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline Yammer

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
https://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/news/2018/01/09/american-airlines-inflight-compensation-software.html?ana=e_ae_set1
"But some flight attendants worry that when passengers learn that they could get additional miles by complaining onboard, it could lead to a whole new array of inflight problems for flight attendants who are on the frontline if a situation should arise in the air that calls for de-escalation."

Offline brodes18

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, UA 1K, AA Platinum
"But some flight attendants worry that when passengers learn that they could get additional miles by complaining onboard, it could lead to a whole new array of inflight problems for flight attendants who are on the frontline if a situation should arise in the air that calls for de-escalation."

That quote is quite telling in what's wrong with the attitude of FA's on American IMO. Oh, the bother of someone complaining when I'm trying to wait for a situation that need de-escalation!

Offline bostonguy

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Delta is doing this already.  My wife and two children (last week) each got 2,500 miles due to a foul odor (suspected cleaning fluid).  I know, not a mileage windfall, but it did surprise us.

Offline SearchGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 103
    • View Profile
I got from UA codes for vouchers on the spot