Author Topic: One week trip to Paris, Rome and Venice  (Read 4217 times)

Offline BrooklynCPA

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
One week trip to Paris, Rome and Venice
« on: March 23, 2009, 04:24:01 PM »
I am planing a trip with my wife in May as follows:

1)Sunday night NYC to Paris arriving Monday Afteroon for one night at the Westin Paris (on cash and points)
2)Tuesday evening flying from Paris to Rome for 3 nights and 2 full days at Hotel Eden (also on Cash and Points)
3) Friday morning train to venice for 3 nights at the Westin Europia (on points)
4) Monday morning back to NYC

We have never been to Europe and we we want to make the most of our short visit. Can someone tell me if this is a good itiniary or is it too much in too little time? I am open to suggestions.

The Westin in Venice is supposed to be a 1/2 hour walk to GamGam but a hoel of this caliber near the Ghetto would cost a fortune in May.

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
Re: One week trip to Paris, Rome and Venice
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 06:01:30 PM »
waaaaay too much in too little time. youre going to end up travelling most of the time and not get to enjoy europe at all. also, at least the time youre there make use of it outside of the hotel so even if it might not be the same caliber as the westin a decent clean hotel should suffice. thats my personal opinion though

Offline BrooklynCPA

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 10:28:07 AM »
Thanks Moish. I'm only going to these hotels because of the Starpoints and the location in Rome and Paris. And in Venice i'm getting it totally free. With my itiniary i'll have a short time in paris just to get a peak. I would take the double decker tour bus around town and get off at the Jewish area for dinner.  I'll have to full days in rome, take the scenic 4 1/2 hour trainride to Venice and 2 1/2 days in Venice. Is this really not enough? Do you think I'm much better of just going straight to Rome and spending 3 full days there instead?

Any other opinions?

Offline Smirk

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 04:42:48 PM »
Myself, Eli and Levi did that exact trip this summer, message Eli and ask him if he still has our itiniary

Offline moish

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 05:01:41 PM »
keep in mind that most restaurants in europe in general and paris in particular are not glatt kosher

levi

Offline BrooklynCPA

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 09:44:24 PM »
Thanks, Levi. Great trip report!!! I decided to skip Paris and go straight to Rome and return from Venice. I've contacted the jewish tour guides in Rome and they all want $200 Euro per couple for each 3 hour tour!!! Anyone have any cheaper options for getting the most out of Rome with the jewish percpective?

Offline moish

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2009, 06:42:18 AM »
there are a bunch of jewish guide books available . i read around three of them, and by the time i took the jewish tour i already knew 75% of what he told us. (it was useful though to have him point out things i wouldnt have realized.) that was the jewish ghetto tour. with regards to the coloseum/forum tours, i booked a regular cheap non jewish tour and told the guide at the beginning that i was jewish and would appreciate any sort of jewish perspective to which he replied that he would be talking about that anyways. (arch of titus, coloseum etc.) and lastly ive heard from friends that the jewish vatican tours were a complete waste of time/money, that it was basically a regular vatican tour plus they took you to a place where there are jewish artifacts, which i did on my own. (it was a little difficult to find but if youre interested, pm me)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 06:47:37 AM by moish »