Author Topic: How do U define yourself, what does it mean & how would you like to see your kid  (Read 31433 times)

Offline churnbabychurn

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
I'm not understanding your question.
Are you "on the market"? If yes, are you looking to marry a fully religious girl, and fake it untill.. or not.

Apologies if this is too personal. But you posted that you are not really orthodox, yet you pose as a yeshivish guy. So I'm very intrigued...

Offline Definitions

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Are you "on the market"? If yes, are you looking to marry a fully religious girl, and fake it untill.. or not.
No I wouldn't do that. That's just going to ruin 2+ lives and is totally not right.

Like I said before
That being said, I would want my wife to be on the same page. If I can't find someone like that than maybe I'd consider someone who is modern Orthodox.

Or I would consider someone who is otd but she would have to pass certain criteria.
My Tapatalk notifications don't always work.

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
No I wouldn't do that. That's just going to ruin 2+ lives and is totally not right.

Like I said before
Or I would consider someone who is otd but she would have to pass certain criteria.
So why you faking it now? Go to college and make a life in olam hazeh for yourself at least..

You'll find a nice Jewish girl etc.

Looks like you'r a real maamin, just trying to justify some choices?

Offline Definitions

• View Profile
So why you faking it now? Go to college and make a life in olam hazeh for yourself at least..

You'll find a nice Jewish girl etc.

Looks like you'r a real maamin, just trying to justify some choices?
Faking, mainly because I'm embarrassed to change. College, I don't consider financial success as the primary element of "making it". If anything I'd consider trade school. Much less debt and years required. Although I never thought about the idea that I can meet a Jewish girl in college. For that it's actually a pretty good idea.

And like I said before
Some people would say a sheep dressed up as a wolf who is dressed up as a sheep, is more accurate. I'm not sure if I agree with them.
One, I only see such things when it comes to anger. Even that I'm not 100% sure about. Two, why don't other people justify. Three, why do I stop, why not just become an atheist or similar.

Offline ADG

• View Profile
@Definitions try chabad it will give you a very different perspective from what you learned until now... If you want...

Offline Definitions

• View Profile
@Definitions try chabad it will give you a very different perspective from what you learned until now... If you want...
Maybe. I'm quite stubborn though (...כי עם קשה ערף) :) and like I said before
the way I see the frum yeshivish world today is an accurate depiction of what living with Torah shebal peh would look like.
And I don't like shopping for a religion

Offline ADG

• View Profile
Maybe. I'm quite stubborn though (...כי עם קשה ערף) :) and like I said beforeAnd I don't like shopping for a religion

Chabad interprets "כי עם קשה ערף" le'ma'alusa- its a good fit already:)

You are jewish and you seem to embrace it- which is great. You just need to see emes'keit in religion- something that is sometimes hard to find/see even in chabad. However, when you see the Rebbe and his Torah it all because clear.

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
Faking, mainly because I'm embarrassed to change. College, I don't consider financial success as the primary element of "making it". If anything I'd consider trade school. Much less debt and years required. Although I never thought about the idea that I can meet a Jewish girl in college. For that it's actually a pretty good idea.

You really need to get out more... Cant you get an uber on Friday nights to the city? or is that a deorysa? LOL

Seriously speaking, you really just need to get on top of your issues. No disrespect at all, but you are not at all learned enough to be a good apikores. You are trying for the "intellectual apikores" approach, but it really doesn't fit for someone with a basic yeshiva high-school education.  - You need to at least know shas bavli well if you are going to decide you "disagree". Or at the very minimum have a serious kefiradik history degree. Together with some philosophy...

, why not just become an atheist or similar.

Because you are not an intellectual apikores, it doesn't suit you, you dont have arguments for any of these..

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
Chabad interprets "כי עם קשה ערף" le'ma'alusa- its a good fit already:)

You are jewish and you seem to embrace it- which is great. You just need to see emes'keit in religion- something that is sometimes hard to find/see even in chabad. However, when you see the Rebbe and his Torah it all because clear.

Again no disrespect, but for someone seeking clarity, how on earth is chabbad a good address?

I may be missing something, but Chabad is all about nistar and secrets. Not clarity.
It works well if you believe everything, but its the last place I would send someone who needs everything logical.

Offline ADG

• View Profile
Again no disrespect, but for someone seeking clarity, how on earth is chabbad a good address?

I may be missing something, but Chabad is all about nistar and secrets. Not clarity.
It works well if you believe everything, but its the last place I would send someone who needs everything logical.

You obviously have not been exposed to much of what chabad offers... (no offense intended)

IMHO exposing the internal is part of the journey to get real clarity.

But it may not be the path for all... BH there is a God who runs the world, and i am not Him. I am just saying that it works really well for a lot of people , myself included.

Offline Shkop

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
I'm so confused because you seem so yeshivish. Are you still a wolf in sheeps clothing? Or do you dress and act openly like your beliefs? Maybe this whole post is bull.

If I would be defining you based on all your posts but this,I would say that you are a "yeshivish guy from oot".

Yeah, it was bull. I would still refer you to get help. But it's non of my gdb.

Is cursing part of your type of yeshivish? Or is it only for the oot types that you clearly abhor? "gdb" doesn't mean Gosh Darn Business like you tried to quickly make up for. It's using Hashem's name to curse. You really need to apologize.

Considering how much editing you do to your posts, you would think that you would at least recall the curses...
A democracy is a form of government, not an intrinsic truth

Offline Definitions

• View Profile

Is cursing part of your type of yeshivish? Or is it only for the oot types that you clearly abhor? "gdb" doesn't mean Gosh Darn Business like you tried to quickly make up for. It's using Hashem's name to curse. You really need to apologize.

Considering how much editing you do to your posts, you would think that you would at least recall the curses...
Please let's not get into that. PM him if it really bothers you. This thread was made for a different reason.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus

LOL
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile

Please forgive me for I have sinned.

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
Please let's not get into that. PM him if it really bothers you. This thread was made for a different reason.
Thanks!

Offline Shkop

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
A democracy is a form of government, not an intrinsic truth

Offline Definitions

• View Profile

You really need to get out more... Cant you get an uber on Friday nights to the city? or is that a deorysa? LOL

Seriously speaking, you really just need to get on top of your issues. No disrespect at all, but you are not at all learned enough to be a good apikores. You are trying for the "intellectual apikores" approach, but it really doesn't fit for someone with a basic yeshiva high-school education.  - You need to at least know shas bavli well if you are going to decide you "disagree". Or at the very minimum have a serious kefiradik history degree. Together with some philosophy...

Because you are not an intellectual apikores, it doesn't suit you, you dont have arguments for any of these..
Even according to me it's deoraysa from אל־יצא איש ממקמו.

Seems like a classical R' Mechanic line. So until everyone knows all sides clearly they're not considered a maamin either?

Offline ADG

• View Profile

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
Even according to me it's deoraysa from אל־יצא איש ממקמו.

Seems like a classical R' Mechanic line. So until everyone knows all sides clearly they're not considered a maamin either?
Check out the Ani maamin thread.

Then please don't put me and him together. Btw, I'm not at all trying to convince you into anything. Just pointing out some obvious items