Author Topic: El Al Delayed Flight Compensation  (Read 1823 times)

Offline travel247

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
El Al Delayed Flight Compensation
« on: January 16, 2018, 10:54:53 AM »
I was delayed 40 hours last week from EWR LY026 and after numerous emails to ELAL, all they have offered is a worthless $200 flight voucher!!

I lost my 2 prepaid nights at the Waldorf as well, due to Elal. They just don't care after all it's not an airline, IT'S ISRAEL! LOL!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 11:20:39 AM by Dan »

Offline chff

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 25
    • View Profile
  • Programs: All of them...
Re: Re: LY Flight 8
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 11:01:00 AM »
I was delayed 40 hours last week from EWR LY026 and after numerous emails to ELAL, all they have offered is a worthless $200 flight voucher!!

I lost my 2 prepaid nights at the Waldorf as well, due to Elal. They just don't care after all it's not an airline, IT'S ISRAEL! LOL!

Elal doesn't answer emails within a week

Offline travel247

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 11:03:07 AM »
Here is the email they sent me:

Dear Mr. W....,

Thank you for your email to El Al’s President, Mr. David Maimon, who has asked me to review it and reply on his behalf.

Firstly it is indisputable that you and Mrs. W... were inconvenienced, for which we are sorry.

At the same time, we must clarity that the aircraft that was scheduled to operate El Al flight LY026 from Newark on January 6, 2018 was grounded due to damage to an essential part due extreme cold condition. The aircraft was grounded and necessitated transporting an alternative part from our hub in Tel Aviv, as it was not available locally. The circumstances are considered weather related, unforeseen, extraordinary and not under the control of the airline. We, therefore, are unable to comply with your request for compensation.  From customer relations and as a token of our regret, we offered $200 in a form of a discount vouchers for a future El Al travel that is which is valid for one year from the date issue.  Please confirm and we will issue and send the vouchers.

Thank you for understanding. We thank you for your continued loyalty. We look forward welcoming you on our future flights to your complete satisfaction.

Sincerely,

Ronnie Solson - Customer Relations
English Desk manager 
Fax: 972-3-7602233      Email: customer@elal.co.il
EL-AL ISRAEL AIRLINES LTD

Offline shapsam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 11:40:18 AM »
Elal doesn't answer emails within a week

Offline hocker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Re: El Al Delayed Flight Compensation
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 03:41:15 PM »
Here is the email they sent me:

Dear Mr. W....,

Thank you for your email to El Al’s President, Mr. David Maimon, who has asked me to review it and reply on his behalf.

Firstly it is indisputable that you and Mrs. W... were inconvenienced, for which we are sorry.

At the same time, we must clarity that the aircraft that was scheduled to operate El Al flight LY026 from Newark on January 6, 2018 was grounded due to damage to an essential part due extreme cold condition. The aircraft was grounded and necessitated transporting an alternative part from our hub in Tel Aviv, as it was not available locally. The circumstances are considered weather related, unforeseen, extraordinary and not under the control of the airline. We, therefore, are unable to comply with your request for compensation.  From customer relations and as a token of our regret, we offered $200 in a form of a discount vouchers for a future El Al travel that is which is valid for one year from the date issue.  Please confirm and we will issue and send the vouchers.

Thank you for understanding. We thank you for your continued loyalty. We look forward welcoming you on our future flights to your complete satisfaction.

Sincerely,

Ronnie Solson - Customer Relations
English Desk manager 
Fax: 972-3-7602233      Email: customer@elal.co.il
EL-AL ISRAEL AIRLINES LTD
Did they offer you food drink  and alternative flight/overnight accommodations? If not they can be fined a few thousand dollars.

Additionally you should be able to sue both in Israel and in USA, in addition to filing a complaint with DOT etc.

Here's a link to the Israeli law. Keep in mind since delay is over 8 hours it's considered a cancelled flight. See Chap 6 Seif ה number 1 and also see Chap 11

Offline moe8555

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 03:57:26 PM »
Did they offer you food drink  and alternative flight/overnight accommodations? If not they can be fined a few thousand dollars.

Additionally you should be able to sue both in Israel and in USA, in addition to filing a complaint with DOT etc.

Here's a link to the Israeli law. Keep in mind since delay is over 8 hours it's considered a cancelled flight. See Chap 6 Seif ה number 1 and also see Chap 11

Even if it's weather related?

Offline hocker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 04:55:26 PM »
There's no weather clause and especially in this case the weather may have caused the damage to the plain but they should've had a spare part on hand.

הטיסה בוטלה בשל נסיבות מיוחדות שלא היו בשליטתו, וגם אם היה עושה כל אשר ביכולתו – לא היה יכול למנוע את ביטולה בשל אותן נסיבות;

Offline SearchGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 103
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2018, 04:55:53 PM »
Damage to an essential part is not weather related