Author Topic: Transfer AMEX MR Points to another member?  (Read 6044 times)

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Transfer AMEX MR Points to another member?
« on: July 24, 2011, 08:00:27 PM »
Is it possible to transfer AMEX MR points to another member? (like spouse to spouse, for example?)

Thanks all
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Re: Transfer AMEX MR Points to another member?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 05:37:43 PM »
All these views, and no one knows the answer?? :o
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Avid Reader

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 05:42:00 PM »
I know if you are an AU on another persons AMEX that has an MR account, they will let you transfer your points to that persons account. I just did that last week. Otherwise, I don't think so.

Why transfer the points to another member. Just transfer the points to the mileage program of your choice. Then the names certainly don't need to match.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 06:12:03 PM »
I know if you are an AU on another persons AMEX that has an MR account, they will let you transfer your points to that persons account. I just did that last week. Otherwise, I don't think so.

Why transfer the points to another member. Just transfer the points to the mileage program of your choice. Then the names certainly don't need to match.

+1

Why the need to transfer to another person's MR account, if you can just transfer to their frequent flyer account?

If you're at the same address with the same lastname (and perhaps even if you're not), Amex might approve a one time transfer as a courtesy.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Smokey Joe Robinson

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Best Western Diamond Elite, Marriott Rewards Silver, Hertz President's Circle, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, United Premier Silver
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 07:09:54 PM »

To clarify, If I added you Mr avid reader to one of my cards, you would be able to transfer your points to me from your other accounts and vice versa?
My Programs Are Listed So That I Don't Forget Them :)

Offline 3ZeroT

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 07:13:06 PM »
I could see doing this to take advantage of say the 50% MR first time bonus on Delta conversion (you need to transfer both you and your spouse's MR points in just 1 transfer).

Offline dans fan

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 10:32:39 PM »
its not so simple but ymmv (officially it can only be to spouse and you have to close the acc)

i think that was an exception to the rule

Offline Avid Reader

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2011, 10:48:37 PM »
To clarify, If I added you Mr avid reader to one of my cards, you would be able to transfer your points to me from your other accounts and vice versa?

That's what they told me, and that's what they did. But come to think of it, The basic cardholder and I were at the same address, so this may not work for everyone.
its not so simple but ymmv (officially it can only be to spouse and you have to close the acc) i think that was an exception to the rule

They asked nothing about being a spouse or relative. They actually offered this to me without asking, since I had no other way to transfer my remaining MR to an airline after I closed my PR charge card (the excise fee had to be charged to the card, but it was now closed).

Offline dans fan

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2011, 10:56:52 PM »

They asked nothing about being a spouse or relative. They actually offered this to me without asking, since I had no other way to transfer my remaining MR to an airline after I closed my PR charge card (the excise fee had to be charged to the card, but it was now closed).
so you have no ex doing it with a open acc. i was told the acc. must be closed and only to spouse so i guess you got a csr who dosnt know or i got a csr (about 5 times ) who doesnt know

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2011, 11:02:04 PM »
I once had a complete stranger transfer points from his MR into my MR.
Just a matter of finding a nice rep I suppose.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline modechai

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2013, 01:27:02 PM »

Did anyone do this recently?

Offline noturbizniss

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2013, 02:15:00 PM »
Did anyone do this recently?
Why don't you PUTPAC or SM and see what they say.
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...can still do FT method
...READS THE WIKI!!!