Author Topic: Amex Gold vs Amex Green  (Read 2150 times)

Offline Mikeoracle

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Amex Gold vs Amex Green
« on: January 24, 2011, 11:48:47 AM »
I am not so familiar yet with the ins and out of Amex Charge cards (just applied and got approved for my first Charge card, Platinum which I plan on downgrading eventually) and was wondering what the actual differences between the Gold and the Green cards?
I see the annual fee on the green card is much less and the only difference that I can tell is that they dont have "special access to Gold events" which is worthless to me. Is there anything else I am missing that makes it worthwhile to pay the extra $?

I did notice that the "Premier rewards card" has the 2x points on gas and groceries and 3x points on Airfare. I will have to analyze if that would make it worthwhile for me. Does anyone have experience with what they categorize as "airfare"? Does that include charges to a TA or just to an airline directly?

Thanks for any input.

Offline lybbtthl

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Barely anything these days...
Re: Amex Gold vs Amex Green
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 03:27:41 PM »
when a TA charges the customers cc, he usually has the airline directly charge it, so that would count, but if he has his own cc machine in his office, it depends how his merchant account is registered