Author Topic: Pesach Programs and False Advertising  (Read 44892 times)

Offline churnbabychurn

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Pesach Programs and False Advertising
« Reply #495 on: April 25, 2019, 12:48:32 AM »
Anyone know what's going on here?
(NSFW: Language)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1530433370590879/permalink/2067722923528585?sfns=mo
No idea, but this makes pesach at home feel soo much better..

Offline cmey

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: April 25, 2019, 01:06:12 AM »
https://www.dansdeals.com/advertisement/enjoy-passover-orlando-different-pesach-program-save-20-off-rack-rates/#

Be sure to contact Dan for his generous offer if you are in need due to his advertisement.

ďIf anyone would like to contact me and discuss things like a mensch rather than make bad assumptions via anonymous internet comments, my email is published, but here it is again: dan@dansdeals.com

If you booked this program because of this ad and need help for the remainder of Pesach, please contact me as well and Iíd be happy to help.Ē

I donít always see eye to eye with Dan but he is a real mentch for offering to help with something that is clearly not his responsibility. Iím impressed.

Offline cmey

• View Profile
« Reply #497 on: April 25, 2019, 01:22:44 AM »
Apparently this

Update  that is not exactly true
On the Mexican Passover list they listed Splenda as it was kosher for Passover not kitniot
And her husband decided 6 days into pesach to find out as he heard in the states itís not kosher for Passover
And the masgiach spent all day looking into it and after hours of research he found out that Mexico made a mistake it is kosher for Passover but kitniot so this guy and wife flipped out
If there is an unintentional mistake there is nothing wrong is was taken away and everything went back to normal for over 300 people
Except this couple
: According to Gabriel Boxer of Kosher Guru, the viral tantrum by a woman at the Kosher Luxus pesach program in Cancun was triggered be her discovering that there was kitniyus at the buffet. [Not Sarcasm]

And a couple of years ago there was a mentally ill woman in Lakewood  who ran into shul to scream at her husband in an embarrassing state of attire. Mental illness is sad. There is no reason that this was posted for all to see. She is clearly mentally ill and in need of help. This should be removed. Whomever posted this on Facebook should think of how they would feel if it was their close relative who was ill and someone thought it cute to post a video. Rather say a short kappitel of tehillim. How sad that we entertain ourselves with anotherís illness yet we all laugh at the foolish brisker who loudly makes a beracha meshaneh habriyos upon seeing a midget. My friends, we are doing the same except without even a ďfrummeh cheshbonĒ. Sad.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 03:26:15 AM by cmey »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #498 on: April 25, 2019, 02:58:08 AM »
Apparently this

Update  that is not exactly true
On the Mexican Passover list they listed Splenda as it was kosher for Passover not kitniot
And her husband decided 6 days into pesach to find out as he heard in the states itís not kosher for Passover
And the masgiach spent all day looking into it and after hours of research he found out that Mexico made a mistake it is kosher for Passover but kitniot so this guy and wife flipped out
If there is an unintentional mistake there is nothing wrong is was taken away and everything went back to normal for over 300 people
Except this couple
: According to Gabriel Boxer of Kosher Guru, the viral tantrum by a woman at the Kosher Luxus pesach program in Cancun was triggered be her discovering that there was kitniyus at the buffet. [Not Sarcasm]
Seems so from this video:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1530433370590879/permalink/2067722923528585/?comment_id=2067773430190201&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R%22%7D
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline cmey

• View Profile
« Reply #499 on: April 25, 2019, 08:46:00 AM »
These videos and all of the jeering comments on FB are now making the rounds on social media and those who posted it and commented on FB will have to answer for the many thousands of Jews who it was eventually spread to. Straight out of the chofetz chaim. Iím no angel when it comes to lashon hara but this kind of thing is a red line.

Offline puddles

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: April 25, 2019, 08:49:50 AM »
I donít always see eye to eye with Dan but he is a real mentch for offering to help with something that is clearly not his responsibility. Iím impressed.
I am more impressed you kept the ad up. I would have taken it down immediately :)

Offline Moshe26

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: April 25, 2019, 09:13:11 AM »
These videos and all of the jeering comments on FB are now making the rounds on social media and those who posted it and commented on FB will have to answer for the many thousands of Jews who it was eventually spread to. Straight out of the chofetz chaim. Iím no angel when it comes to lashon hara but this kind of thing is a red line.
couldnt agree more- IMHO ppl need to think about the effect this will have on her kids and rest of the family

Online Crazy tools

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Club, Avis Presidents, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite, SPG Gold
« Reply #502 on: April 25, 2019, 10:14:28 AM »
Seems like succos to me. Look at the bambooq

Offline davidrotts63

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
« Reply #503 on: April 25, 2019, 10:19:19 AM »
Seems like succos to me. Look at the bambooq
Lol. These viral videos always manage to get completely fabricated stories attached to them.
ETA: Based on a new video it seems this was the true story.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 10:40:49 AM by davidrotts63 »
(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch

Offline ReadsTheT&C

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: April 25, 2019, 10:31:32 AM »
Lol. These viral videos always manage to get completely fabricated stories attached to them.
***VIDEO SINCE REMOVED*** There is somebody in the comments answering on behalf of the program without saying so. Definitely in damage control mode. Seems like they served splenda which was approved by the local community but which contained kitniyos. And the Bas Yisroel in the video wanted adult dinner (7:30pm) to be served at the same time as kids dinner (6pm). HaShem Yirachem (her and us).
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 12:06:08 PM by ReadsTheT&C »

Online stooges44

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 260
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: April 25, 2019, 05:22:51 PM »

Like everything else in this digital age. So sad, the yetzer hara's latest tool being used to its fullest and arguably worst potential.
If it's not free shipping it's not worth it.

Offline good sam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: April 25, 2019, 05:31:02 PM »

I donít always see eye to eye with Dan but
What does this have to do with the rest of the post? Why do people always feel the need to say this? Would we otherwise accuse you of being a blind follower without any credibility?
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline cmey

• View Profile
« Reply #507 on: April 25, 2019, 06:18:09 PM »
What does this have to do with the rest of the post? Why do people always feel the need to say this? Would we otherwise accuse you of being a blind follower without any credibility?

The context is that I feel that although on the whole Dan does a good job of staying clear of halachikly questionable stuff, and does a pretty good job where it come to the hashkafic stuff as well  - and Iím on private groups where Iíve seen some really problematic stuff being pushed in the name of MS and the like- some of Dans posts do cross the line from price mistakes to areas that Iím not comfortable with as a frum Jew ( just as an example posts telling readers ďyou can call and say xyzĒ etc. even if not completely honest) and I have probably made my feelings known at those times but I give credit where credit is due and I think Dan deserves a whole lot of credit for his offer to help these folks. I donít know if I would have gone that far and I admire his sense of responsibility and caring for other Jews who are in this predicament.