Author Topic: Pesach Program Discussion Master Thread  (Read 55036 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
Re: Pesach Programs and False Advertising
« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2018, 04:43:28 PM »
For one thing, the 2 programs I've been to have featured truly inspiring speakers.

I wouldn't have had that same inspiration at home.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2018, 04:50:40 PM »

For one thing, the 2 programs I've been to have featured truly inspiring speakers.

I wouldn't have had that same inspiration at home.
File that under the cons of where you live. ;)
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 28, 2018, 04:53:07 PM »

I've seen some of the better ones discussed here as well. Of course the reason they make it is for money. So what?
Nothing wrong with that. But it shifts the priorities.
-- Dan

Offline Yammer

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 28, 2018, 05:31:55 PM »
I'm just not sure why you assume that just because the ad doesn't mention anything about the kashrus it means people don't inquire about it when they call.
The fact that there is no website and it's not posted anywhere means that they can say what they want..( which seems to be the case according the Daves321 account of the kitchen scenario ). And it's based on the original issue about disputing the CC charge if it's not what was discribed
I agree. Our general community care very little about kashrus. This is just another proof. Ppl are satisfied with *any* rubber stamp etc. As long as it's ok with the neighbors.
That's definitely an issue which deserves it's own popcorn thread.

Offline Yammer

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 28, 2018, 05:33:31 PM »
Why do people go to pesach programs to begin with?!?!
I was wondering why this was in JS to begin with if this is to become a serious thread on Pesach TRs and info.

Now I understand...

But perhaps the mods can split it

Offline Sport

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2018, 05:42:18 PM »

Why are you assuming that I am assuming that people don't inquire about the Hashgocho?

I didn't c"v mean to say that they don't have a Hashgocho, but the purpose of advertising is to get people to buy. The fact that these ads work even without listing Hashgochos is what I am talking about.

The selling points of the program are the facility, the entertainment, the attractions, etc. The quality of the Kashrus isn't a selling point (well for Smillow it does seem to be, yet still without a name behind the Kashrus claims IN THE PRINT AD).

The fact that kashrus is not a selling point for most people should not be so shocking to you, the only other explanation that I could come up with for your bewilderment was that you assumed they don't care at all. But thankfully I see I'm mistaken.
You should note that although it may not be a selling point,  kashrus could still very well be a priority for people-
Just as price, which is probably the single most important factor in people's decision is not mentioned in the ad because its not (in this case) a selling point.

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2018, 05:47:58 PM »

The fact that kashrus is not a selling point for most people should not be so shocking to you, the only other explanation that I could come up with for your bewilderment was that you assumed they don't care at all. But thankfully I see I'm mistaken.
You should note that although it may not be a selling point,  kashrus could still very well be a priority for people-
Just as price, which is probably the single most important factor in people's decision is not mentioned in the ad because its not (in this case) a selling point.

If price was a selling point it would be mentioned in the ad. Thatís why the junky places advertise price because thatís the only way to sell it. You donít mention price when the experience is better than other places and you charge a premium for that. OTOH good kashrus should always be a selling point that interests everyone.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 28, 2018, 05:51:02 PM »

If price was a selling point it would be mentioned in the ad. Thatís why the junky places advertise price because thatís the only way to sell it. You donít mention price when the experience is better than other places and you charge a premium for that. OTOH good kashrus should always be a selling point that interests everyone.
+1000
-- Dan

Offline Sport

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 28, 2018, 05:51:28 PM »

How do you advertise "better kashrus", that differentiates yourself from the others?
 Also, I agree price is not a selling point at these high end programs but I can guarantee you that price is the most important aspect effecting the decision.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 28, 2018, 05:54:30 PM »

How do you advertise "better kashrus", that differentiates yourself from the others?
 Also, I agree price is not a selling point at these high end programs but I can guarantee you that price is the most important aspect effecting the decision.
Who said it has to be better? ומי יתן כל עם הí נביאים! Let them all be highest standards! (Whether that is at all possible on Pesach is a different discussion. )
-- Dan

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 28, 2018, 05:57:34 PM »

All you need to do is print the name of the certifying agency. If itís reputable then it speaks for itself.
And of course price is a big deciding factor. But for a high-end places itís not mentioned because theyíre not competing on price, they compete in quality. Much easier to sell high-end when you donít talk about price.

Offline Sport

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 28, 2018, 05:57:50 PM »
Who said it has to be better? ומי יתן כל עם הí נביאים! Let them all be highest standards! (Whether that is at all possible on Pesach is a different discussion. )
Perhaps that's why they dont advertise it because its not a selling point or a differentiator, but can still be of utmost importance.

Offline Sport

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 28, 2018, 05:58:36 PM »
All you need to do is print the name of the certifying agency. If itís reputable then it speaks for itself.
And of course price is a big deciding factor. But for a high-end places itís not mentioned because theyíre not competing on price, they compete in quality. Much easier to sell high-end when you donít talk about price.
So we agree, something can be of utmost importance yet be left out of the ad.

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 28, 2018, 06:03:25 PM »
So we agree, something can be of utmost importance yet be left out of the ad.

Umm not at all.
Price is not printed because the trip owners donít want it printed.
Kashrus isnít printed because travelers donít care.

Offline Yammer

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 28, 2018, 06:04:12 PM »
Umm not at all.
Price is not printed because the trip owners donít want it printed.
Kashrus isnít printed because travelers donít care.
+