Topic Wiki

can we

Author Topic: Pesach Program Discussion Master Thread  (Read 196009 times)

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: Pesach Programs and False Advertising
« Reply #480 on: April 17, 2019, 11:59:39 AM »
Whether true or not. I know these type of dramatic entitled people..they think hashgacha work is MBA level and entitled to kavod
This was a bochur who got stuck in a situation he never foresaw, calm it down with the rhetoric.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline skyguy918

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: April 17, 2019, 12:03:02 PM »
Whether true or not. I know these type of dramatic entitled people..they think hashgacha work is MBA level and entitled to kavod
What does kavod have to do with being told to sleep 2 in a bed?

Offline chevron

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: April 17, 2019, 12:08:53 PM »
Minimum wage is tricky. I think they get paid a set amount per program and a set hours given (my brother is working one)

But I don't think they are paid per hour. And food and accommodation are part of incentive. I think my brother gets equal to $15 an hour.

The story stinks but yeah hashgacha agencies suck.. but hey my non mevushal wine is trayf!

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: April 17, 2019, 12:37:51 PM »
And I know the dramatic entitled people that think getting an MBA entitles you to kavod more than stocking shelves or kashering a kitchen.

Offline Emkay

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: April 17, 2019, 12:38:42 PM »
Title is misleading big time
Fits with the Pesach program theme.

Online yitzgar

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: April 17, 2019, 12:42:52 PM »
And I know the dramatic entitled people that think getting an MBA entitles you to kavod more than stocking shelves or kashering a kitchen.

Offline hvaces42

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: April 17, 2019, 12:47:24 PM »
I was supposed to run hashgacha at a program this year. Went to meet with the certifying agency rabbanim about certain issues I had and to feel them out on what their concerns were. After some serious introspection I decided that I was uncomfortable with the level of Kashrus the organization was expected to provide vs the level of kashrus that was possible to deliver. The original mashgiach that was there in previous years thankfully went beck so I didnt have to feel guilty.

Much of what he claims happened could well have happened at the program I was supposed to be working at.  I can totally understand what this guy is talking about. 
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline pointer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: April 18, 2019, 02:53:12 PM »
Not False Advertising, but corny as hell

Online ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #488 on: April 18, 2019, 07:53:14 PM »
Not False Advertising, but corny as hell

They should stick to what they do best - arrange/cater programs, and either drop the videos/"song" or hire someone that can produce that at the level they produce their programs. Though this doesn't belong on this thread, the Werners are highly reputable.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline pointer

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 18, 2019, 08:40:03 PM »
the Werners are highly reputable.
Oh for sure! definitely one of the top.
What makes it even more appalling

Online ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #490 on: April 19, 2019, 12:30:05 AM »
Oh for sure! definitely one of the top.
What makes it even more appalling
Seems like the audio was procured on Fiverr.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline DoreshEmes

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 19, 2019, 03:09:44 AM »
Umm not at all.
Price is not printed because the trip owners don’t want it printed.
Kashrus isn’t printed because travelers don’t care.

I'm aware of situations where kashrus (or even caterer) wasn't printed because the programs wanted to start advertising before they had those details finalized.  Same goes for entertainment or speakers and other program features... for example, it might say "special guest performer" or use an inflated title with no name because they're still looking for someone.

Offline DP7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 24, 2019, 08:43:23 PM »
https://www.dansdeals.com/advertisement/enjoy-passover-orlando-different-pesach-program-save-20-off-rack-rates/#

Be sure to contact Dan for his generous offer if you are in need due to his advertisement.

“If anyone would like to contact me and discuss things like a mensch rather than make bad assumptions via anonymous internet comments, my email is published, but here it is again: dan@dansdeals.com

If you booked this program because of this ad and need help for the remainder of Pesach, please contact me as well and I’d be happy to help.”

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #493 on: April 24, 2019, 11:20:01 PM »
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline jmz

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: April 25, 2019, 12:11:40 AM »
Anyone know what's going on here?
(NSFW: Language)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1530433370590879/permalink/2067722923528585?sfns=mo

Apparently this

Update  that is not exactly true
On the Mexican Passover list they listed Splenda as it was kosher for Passover not kitniot
And her husband decided 6 days into pesach to find out as he heard in the states it’s not kosher for Passover
And the masgiach spent all day looking into it and after hours of research he found out that Mexico made a mistake it is kosher for Passover but kitniot so this guy and wife flipped out
If there is an unintentional mistake there is nothing wrong is was taken away and everything went back to normal for over 300 people
Except this couple
: According to Gabriel Boxer of Kosher Guru, the viral tantrum by a woman at the Kosher Luxus pesach program in Cancun was triggered be her discovering that there was kitniyus at the buffet. [Not Sarcasm]
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 12:16:10 AM by jmz »

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #495 on: April 25, 2019, 12:48:32 AM »
Anyone know what's going on here?
(NSFW: Language)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1530433370590879/permalink/2067722923528585?sfns=mo
No idea, but this makes pesach at home feel soo much better..

Offline cmey

• View Profile
« Reply #496 on: April 25, 2019, 01:06:12 AM »
https://www.dansdeals.com/advertisement/enjoy-passover-orlando-different-pesach-program-save-20-off-rack-rates/#

Be sure to contact Dan for his generous offer if you are in need due to his advertisement.

“If anyone would like to contact me and discuss things like a mensch rather than make bad assumptions via anonymous internet comments, my email is published, but here it is again: dan@dansdeals.com

If you booked this program because of this ad and need help for the remainder of Pesach, please contact me as well and I’d be happy to help.”

I don’t always see eye to eye with Dan but he is a real mentch for offering to help with something that is clearly not his responsibility. I’m impressed.

Offline cmey

• View Profile
« Reply #497 on: April 25, 2019, 01:22:44 AM »
Apparently this

On the Mexican Passover list they listed Splenda as it was kosher for Passover not kitniot
And her husband decided 6 days into pesach to find out as he heard in the states it’s not kosher for Passover
And the masgiach spent all day looking into it and after hours of research he found out that Mexico made a mistake it is kosher for Passover but kitniot so this guy and wife flipped out
If there is an unintentional mistake there is nothing wrong is was taken away and everything went back to normal for over 300 people
Except this couple
: According to Gabriel Boxer of Kosher Guru, the viral tantrum by a woman at the Kosher Luxus pesach program in Cancun was triggered be her discovering that there was kitniyus at the buffet. [Not Sarcasm]

And a couple of years ago there was a mentally ill woman in Lakewood  who ran into shul to scream at her husband in an embarrassing state of attire. Mental illness is sad. There is no reason that this was posted for all to see. She is clearly mentally ill and in need of help. This should be removed. Whomever posted this on Facebook should think of how they would feel if it was their close relative who was ill and someone thought it cute to post a video. Rather say a short kappitel of tehillim. How sad that we entertain ourselves with another’s illness yet we all laugh at the foolish brisker who loudly makes a beracha meshaneh habriyos upon seeing a midget. My friends, we are doing the same except without even a “frummeh cheshbon”. Sad.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 03:26:15 AM by cmey »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #498 on: April 25, 2019, 02:58:08 AM »
Apparently this

Except this couple
Seems so from this video:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1530433370590879/permalink/2067722923528585/?comment_id=2067773430190201&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R%22%7D
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline cmey

• View Profile
« Reply #499 on: April 25, 2019, 08:46:00 AM »
These videos and all of the jeering comments on FB are now making the rounds on social media and those who posted it and commented on FB will have to answer for the many thousands of Jews who it was eventually spread to. Straight out of the chofetz chaim. I’m no angel when it comes to lashon hara but this kind of thing is a red line.