Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 972 times)

Offline askmoses

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
Chase Reconsideration
« on: July 26, 2011, 12:17:45 PM »
I've been recently getting back into the CC game. I posted a while back how I was hit w/ a fr from amex, and upon shutting down my 30k of credit before they would(nearly 90 percent of my credit overall), I've finally seen some recovery. This was upon being approved for the BA card. Now it's been a few months and I recently signed up for sapphire and onepass(30k +$50 offer, afraid I missed out on the 50k!) using two browsers.
UPDATE:
Interesting story. After a few weeks of "pending", automated system told me I was approved for one app for $300(LOL) line, and the other was pending. When I spoke to a rep they said both are pending. Called automated system next day, tells me both are pending(?!?!) and when I spoke to a rep, they informed me I was declined bc of too many apps. She said due to my BA being applied for couple month before, and now having submitted two apps on same day, I was declined. Asked for recon, and she told me that usually 6 months is amount between apps allowed, but she would do something bc I had "over 30 days" from my BA card and they moved 5k from my 6.5K credit line on BA to Sapphire, plus added a grand to it, leaving me w/ a 6k sapphire card, and 1.5K BA card. I didn't want to push my luck for the CO card app as well. The question is where do I go from here? Any chance I can somehow get in on reconsideration for CO app?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 02:26:20 PM by Dan »

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Citi AA signup bonus 75K or even 100K??!!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 12:30:07 PM »
UPDATE:
Interesting story. After a few weeks of "pending", automated system told me I was approved for one app for $300(LOL) line, and the other was pending. When I spoke to a rep they said both are pending. Called automated system next day, tells me both are pending(?!?!) and when I spoke to a rep, they informed me I was declined bc of too many apps. She said due to my BA being applied for couple month before, and now having submitted two apps on same day, I was declined. Asked for recon, and she told me that usually 6 months is amount between apps allowed, but she would do something bc I had "over 30 days" from my BA card and they moved 5k from my 6.5K credit line on BA to Sapphire, plus added a grand to it, leaving me w/ a 6k sapphire card, and 1.5K BA card. I didn't want to push my luck for the CO card app as well. The question is where do I go from here? Any chance I can somehow get in on reconsideration for CO app?

You're in a Citi thread, but it seems you're talking about Chase apps. If it's Chase keep calling and pleading until you find a recon rep who'll do it for you.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline miles

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Air Canada, UA PLT, ANA, Delta Platinum, AA, BA, Aerosvit, A/A by Chase closed all accounts
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 03:33:57 PM »
Update:  I applied for the Citi AA Visa and Amex 75k offer.  I was denied for both.  I called and got approved for both on recon.  But they gave me $1000 and $2000 credit limit respectively.  Oh man....  Ill have to spend and pay, spend and pay, spend and pay til I get the points. 

What a pain...
is this the first time applying for this card ?
what number u called and what u told them

Offline askmoses

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 03:36:07 PM »
You're in a Citi thread, but it seems you're talking about Chase apps. If it's Chase keep calling and pleading until you find a recon rep who'll do it for you.
Na, I originally posted it here in the context of the conversation... just providing an update... do you think I should wait some time until I have my sapphire until trying to get the CO app reconsidered? If so, how long would you suggest?

Offline Lamdan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 09:43:59 AM »
My wife got a letter in the mail asking for her tax return after applying about 6 mos. ago,  should she try applying again?
DD.com Main Site Deals 0 = DDF Loser