Author Topic: GOP Primary Campaign  (Read 2687 times)

Offline shmiel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
GOP Primary Campaign
« on: June 14, 2011, 01:02:52 PM »
So there was the first major debate last night in NH, I was wondering what DDFers thoughts on it are (who won, who is most likely to get the nod etc...) and on the campaign in general. I thought all the candidates performed pretty well, and I liked the fact that they focused most of their fire on the president, but that is sure to change once the primary campaign heats up. I will definitely be voting Republican (yes, even Ron Paul) vs Obama in November 2012, but I'm still undecided on who I want to see challenge him. Your thoughts?
PS. I don't think Ron Paul even has a fighting chance of winning GOP primary, I'm just saying I would vote for him over Obama in a heartbeat.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 01:08:00 PM by shmiel »

Offline ceejay

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
Re: GOP Primary Campaign
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 01:53:48 PM »
Its kinda scary that this late there is no few clear front runner(s) in the GOP. IMO Mitt Romney was the best last night although I don't  think even he can garner enough support needed to topple our bumbling incumbent prez.

Offline shmiel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 03:34:48 PM »
Its kinda scary that this late there is no few clear front runner(s) in the GOP. IMO Mitt Romney was the best last night although I don't  think even he can garner enough support needed to topple our bumbling incumbent prez.
This late? It's not late at all, I think it is a strong field. I agree with you about Romney being good in the debate. On your second point though, I strongly disagree, Romney would beat Obama in a landslide if current economic/jobs conditions continue. The fact that polls show it would be close if the election were held today is misleading, because people aren't paying nearly the same attention to the candidates now than during elections because people do pay attention because they need to decide, and the fact is that the election is not now. If the presidential (not Republican primary) campaign goes on with these economic circumstances, Romney (or many in the current GOP field) would win in a landslide.

Offline elikay

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 09:25:47 PM »
How about Obamneycare?

Offline MarkS

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 09:39:16 PM »
I liked Mitt Romney and Michelle Bachman. People are saying that she fared best simply because people knew nothing about her and she came across as intelligent and well spoken.   I didnt realize Ron Paul was soo old!  He looks waay over the hill!!

It was refreshing to see how they were all being so polite and nice to each other. I guess because they were all busy being united against Obama. Once the campaign gets more defined that will break down as they start all the bashing.

One more thing:A few years ago, Joe Biden said about Obama- "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American presidential candidate who is articulate and bright and clean-cut and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man,”

Herman Cain, although he seems decent, won't make it IMHO because he doesn't live up to the attributes above.
I also noticed how most of his responses were in Mashal Talk (Train and caboose, job resume - Muslim)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 09:43:59 PM by MarkS »

Offline Sorce

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 04:10:28 PM »
Romney would beat Obama in a landslide if current economic/jobs conditions continue

lol! not gonna happen, even if the economy gets worse.

Offline isaacs

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 04:25:27 PM »
i hope PALIN jumps in

Offline shmiel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 01:30:57 AM »
lol! not gonna happen, even if the economy gets worse.
If Romney is the GOP nominee, and the economy gets worse, it sure will happen! Agreed, Romney getting the GOP nod is still a big IF, even though he is the frontrunner now.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 01:35:44 AM by shmiel »

Offline shmiel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 01:34:31 AM »
i hope PALIN jumps in
I hope she doesn't. Besides, she basically has a zero chance of getting the nod, since she will be competing with Bachmann for essentially the same constituency, thereby minimizing each others chances. Not that I'm gong-ho on either Palin or Bachmann.