Author Topic: Traveling to Montreal  (Read 1175 times)

Offline Shem Tov

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Traveling to Montreal
« on: February 07, 2018, 01:47:05 PM »
We plan to travel to from NY to Montreal for a chasuna iy"h.  We are traveling with a couple and 6 or 7 kids.  A few teens and younger.  We would like to travel over the border after the chasuna and find a place to stay shortly thereafter.  Preferably a place with a 2 room suite.  If not something with adjoining rooms.  We don't need fancy, its only for a few hours, just clean and not with a low element.  If it were available I have Hilton, spg and Marriott points that I can use, but doesn't have to be that.  Does anyone have experience with such a place?  TY

Offline chff

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 25
    • View Profile
  • Programs: All of them...
Re: Traveling to Montreal
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 02:52:08 PM »
We plan to travel to from NY to Montreal for a chasuna iy"h.  We are traveling with a couple and 6 or 7 kids.  A few teens and younger.  We would like to travel over the border after the chasuna and find a place to stay shortly thereafter.  Preferably a place with a 2 room suite.  If not something with adjoining rooms.  We don't need fancy, its only for a few hours, just clean and not with a low element.  If it were available I have Hilton, spg and Marriott points that I can use, but doesn't have to be that.  Does anyone have experience with such a place?  TY

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=16532.0

Offline Shem Tov

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 04:04:30 PM »
Thanks.  I see only one option listed there.  And, seems to be about 200 miles from Montreal.  I may prefer something  a little closer.  If we leave the chasuna at midnight, thats pretty far

Offline Yosel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 04:19:51 PM »
I just stayed at the brand new Homewood Suites in Saratoga , they have a 2 bedroom suite beautiful nice size they also offer a roll in bed at no extra cost we were a party of 8, 3 hour drive from Montreal and or NYC 
They are part of Hilton
I paid 160

Offline yosef789

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 04:47:58 PM »
Travellers generally like to stay in the area of Saratoga Springs / Albany / or Lake George because it is about half the way between NYC  and Montreal.

Saratoga Springs is about almost a 3 hr drive from Montreal. Plattsburgh, NY is close to a 1.5 hr drive from Montreal. You may want to look into hotels in that area.

I stayed this week at the Comfort Inn, Saratoga and had a great experience. I paid $85 and change.

Offline Shem Tov

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2018, 10:06:12 AM »
I am not sure that half way makes sense for me being that Id be leaving Montreal at midnight or after

Offline Shem Tov

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2018, 01:58:15 PM »
TY! I will look at that area.