Topic Wiki

1) The Holocaust happened because Jews were unable to obtain guns due to Poland's notoriously strict gun laws.
2) The left wants an absolute gun ban - no guns at all, any type, for anyone, ever.
3) The right wants mass shootings, especially school shootings.
4) Everyone agrees we need to require better background checks and use more discretion in handing out gun licenses.
4.a The right cannot pass such legislation because it is a slippery slope to banning all guns, everywhere, for everyone.
4.b The left cannot pass such legislation because it is not enough.
5)  Every school in the US should have metal detectors at the entrance, be surrounded by a 30' cement wall and have armed guards in every classroom and hallway. The more guns around kids the better.
6) 7 year olds going through half an hour of security theater every day just to go to school is a perfectly normal and acceptable solution.
7) The second amendment entitles every US citizen to an AR-15.
8 ) Laws don't prevent crimes.
9) Guns don't kill people
10) Stats prove my side of the argument 100% correct. (D)
11) Stats prove my side of the argument 100% correct  (R)

Author Topic: Parkland, FL 2/14/18 School Shooting, 17 Killed (Another mass shooting!)  (Read 200226 times)

Offline gingyguy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 36
    • View Profile
  • Programs: I don't like to brag
Re: Another mass shooting!!!
« Reply #120 on: February 15, 2018, 09:00:52 AM »
Where in the act does it force media to make being a murderer into a lifestyle choice? And make him into a hero for people looking to be famous martyr?
if the law allows the information there is no way to make the media not print it . as im sure you know the media cares only about their bottom line and the more information they print the better their bottom line is.
May you slide down the banister of happiness & get many splinters of success up your career.

Offline Abelefko1

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 15, 2018, 09:00:59 AM »
5 of the 17 killed were yiden r"l
Medow Pollack 18
Jamie Guttenberg 14
Alex Schachter  49
Scott beige 35
Alyssa Alhadeff 14

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #122 on: February 15, 2018, 09:03:08 AM »
if the law allows the information there is no way to make the media not print it . as im sure you know the media cares only about their bottom line and the more information they print the better their bottom line is.
I agree. Never said otherwise.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline avromie7

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 15, 2018, 09:51:11 AM »
You sound like a redneck with an IQ below the freezing point...
What else does this freedom entitle you ? a howitzer? How about a tomahawk??
This is not a discussion about gun rights it’s a discussion about WMD namely automatic rifles, there’s no argument that many lives would’ve been saved, here, in Orlando,Vegas etc. had these people not had such easy access to such guns. Even if only ONE kids life would’ve been saved it’s worth it to give up this freedom.

No doubt in my mind a ban on WMD would’ve saved lives here , mental health help too, but that not a total solution (counseling is not always gonna stop a murder)
Again no one is offering a complete solution to gun crime, but let’s stop with stupid “rights” that the founding fathers enacted
1. Ur gun is not gonna stop the big bad government from invading you’re home. Arguably Twitter is gonna be more effective
2. The fathers have never seen such guns, no doubt it wouldn’t have been included in the “right”
All we need is some republicans standing up to they’re base and say ENOUGH!!
If people have got more solutions to stop gun crime, bring it on!! But one kids life is just too much .....and I’m not holding my breath to see which school concert night club etc. will be  next to be attacked by AUTOMATIC rifles !!Will banning these guns stop these people from committing these crimes ? I don’t know, will less people die ? Definitely Yes ! Will mental counseling stop these people? Maybe some maybe all , it’s something that should be implemented as part of the background, but banning these guns would definitely and immediately save lives.
It's actually a very important right, that saves lives. Just imagine if at the time of WWII there were no laws banning guns, I don't think the holocaust would have happened, and certainly not on that level. If the Nazis knew that there would be armed resistance they wouldn't be able to round up thousands of residents of a town and murder them all.

Don't say the holocaust won't happen again, because it absolutely can.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 15, 2018, 09:53:24 AM »
18 school shootings this year already. Keep doing nothing and expect different results?  ::) ::) ::)
That's a very misleading number. Every time someone gets hurt or killed is terrible, but that number is extremely inflated. Most of those 18 shootings, would not be classified as school shootings by any sane person.

Offline Yammer

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 15, 2018, 09:56:01 AM »
How about the outsider who comes in and now has extra weapons?
You don't give an incompetent teacher a gun..you obviously need to make sure that the teacher is capable.

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 15, 2018, 09:57:13 AM »
This shooter could just have easily attacked an office. Nobody has guns there either.
That's because it's nearly impossible to get a carry license.

Offline sillypainter

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 15, 2018, 09:58:45 AM »
What more do you need then looking at Canada or UK??????? Why do they have MUCH less murders?

This non sense mentality especially in the frum commumity mind is because the main radio stations in the NY tri state are loaded with the Rush Limbaugh's and Hannity's, and we all listen to them all day, so we have no idea that they go home and laugh from us stupid people. They do it for entertainment and we take them literally for what they say.

Of course we are all hard core right wingers until it comes to our section 8 and food stamps......

STOP the guns once for all.

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #128 on: February 15, 2018, 09:59:05 AM »
It's super easy in FL.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #129 on: February 15, 2018, 09:59:09 AM »
Huh??
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline davidrotts63

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
« Reply #130 on: February 15, 2018, 09:59:53 AM »
It's super easy in FL.
So I'm sure many do, no?
(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch

Offline davidrotts63

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 15, 2018, 10:00:54 AM »

What more do you need then looking at Canada or UK??????? Why do they have MUCH less murders?

This non sense mentality especially in the frum commumity mind is because the main radio stations in the NY tri state are loaded with the Rush Limbaugh's and Hannity's, and we all listen to them all day, so we have no idea that they go home and laugh from us stupid people. They do it for entertainment and we take them literally for what they say.

Of course we are all hard core right wingers until it comes to our section 8 and food stamps......

Against our rights, may as well abolish freedom of speech.

Offline Abelefko1

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 15, 2018, 10:02:17 AM »

Btw even “the great one “ agrees on a ban of automatics....gotta give him credit for that

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 15, 2018, 10:02:43 AM »

Why not look at Mexico? They have the highest murder rate in the world (after Syria) even though they have very strict gun control.

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 15, 2018, 10:02:46 AM »
So I'm sure many do, no?
Yes. 1,848,871 permits. i.e. 1 in like 12 people have one.

Offline davidrotts63

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: February 15, 2018, 10:03:28 AM »
Yes. 1,848,871 permits.
Add that to Florida pros

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 15, 2018, 10:04:07 AM »
It's super easy in FL.
When was the last time there was a mass shooting in a FL office? The only one I can think of offhand was in CA where a carry permit is literally impossible to obtain.

Offline sillypainter

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 15, 2018, 10:04:36 AM »
Btw even “the great one “ agrees on a ban of automatics....gotta give him credit for that

Haven't listened to radio for more than 10 years. Is that Mark Levin? But Idon't think it should stop there. We need to ban all guns, but it's a step at least in the right direction.

Offline Yitzshpitz

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 15, 2018, 10:04:50 AM »

Because they are smaller countries.

You also have no idea if they laugh at us when they get home

Offline Abelefko1

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 15, 2018, 10:05:45 AM »
Huh??
This guy seems to be more concerned of another holocaust than mass shootings happening all around us in schools concerts clubs.... ignorance to a new level