Topic Wiki

1) The Holocaust happened because Jews were unable to obtain guns due to Poland's notoriously strict gun laws.
2) The left wants an absolute gun ban - no guns at all, any type, for anyone, ever.
3) The right wants mass shootings, especially school shootings.
4) Everyone agrees we need to require better background checks and use more discretion in handing out gun licenses.
4.a The right cannot pass such legislation because it is a slippery slope to banning all guns, everywhere, for everyone.
4.b The left cannot pass such legislation because it is not enough.
5)  Every school in the US should have metal detectors at the entrance, be surrounded by a 30' cement wall and have armed guards in every classroom and hallway. The more guns around kids the better.
6) 7 year olds going through half an hour of security theater every day just to go to school is a perfectly normal and acceptable solution.
7) The second amendment entitles every US citizen to an AR-15.
8 ) Laws don't prevent crimes.
9) Guns don't kill people
10) Stats prove my side of the argument 100% correct. (D)
11) Stats prove my side of the argument 100% correct  (R)

Author Topic: Parkland, FL 2/14/18 School Shooting, 17 Killed (Another mass shooting!)  (Read 200194 times)

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Re: Another mass shooting!!!
« Reply #140 on: February 15, 2018, 10:05:52 AM »
What more do you need then looking at Canada or UK??????? Why do they have MUCH less murders?

This non sense mentality especially in the frum commumity mind is because the main radio stations in the NY tri state are loaded with the Rush Limbaugh's and Hannity's, and we all listen to them all day, so we have no idea that they go home and laugh from us stupid people. They do it for entertainment and we take them literally for what they say.

Of course we are all hard core right wingers until it comes to our section 8 and food stamps......

STOP the guns once for all.
Why not look at Mexico? They have the highest murder rate in the world (after Syria) even though they have very strict gun control.
Picking and choosing countries which met your agenda is silly.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline avromie7

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 15, 2018, 10:07:22 AM »
Yes. 1,848,871 permits. i.e. 1 in like 12 people have one.
http://www.breitbart.com/california/2017/12/26/la-county-only-197-concealed-carry-permits-for-10-2-million-residents/
Haven't listened to radio for more than 10 years. Is that Mark Levin? But Idon't think it should stop there. We need to ban all guns, but it's a step at least in the right direction.
Banning guns is the beginning of an authoritarian government, that's what Stalin did and that's why he was able to kill millions of his own people, because they had no way to protect themselves.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline Abelefko1

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 15, 2018, 10:07:25 AM »
Haven't listened to radio for more than 10 years. Is that Mark Levin? But Idon't think it should stop there. We need to ban all guns, but it's a step at least in the right direction.
I don’t think we should ban all guns 127 people wouldn’t have been killed in Paris if more people had carry permits. But let’s agree to disagree

Offline davidrotts63

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
« Reply #143 on: February 15, 2018, 10:07:31 AM »

Picking and choosing countries which met your agenda is silly.
That's how I understood his point here,
"don't pick a country as I can pick one that proves my point"

Why not look at Mexico? They have the highest murder rate in the world (after Syria) even though they have very strict gun control.
(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline davidrotts63

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 15, 2018, 10:09:11 AM »
http://www.breitbart.com/california/2017/12/26/la-county-only-197-concealed-carry-permits-for-10-2-million-residents/ Banning guns is the beginning of an authoritarian government, that's what Stalin did and that's why he was able to kill millions of his own people, because they had no way to protect themselves.
IMO it doesn't go that far, we have a right, say no more

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 15, 2018, 10:09:24 AM »
That's how I understood his point here,
"don't pick a country as I can pick one that proves my point"
Exactly. I was agreeing.

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #147 on: February 15, 2018, 10:10:33 AM »
This guy seems to be more concerned of another holocaust than mass shootings happening all around us in schools concerts clubs.... ignorance to a new level
Let's look at the past 100 years and compare numbers of people murdered in mass shootings and number of people murdered by tyrannical governments shall we? I'd assume it's somewhere around 80,000,000 to 1,000.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 15, 2018, 10:11:25 AM »
This guy seems to be more concerned of another holocaust than mass shootings happening all around us in schools concerts clubs.... ignorance to a new level
The amount of people killed in mass shootings in the US, doesn't even come close to a fraction of the number of lives that could have been saved if citizens were allowed to have guns during the holocaust. It's delusional to think that another holocaust can't happen.

FWIW https://www.factcheck.org/2017/10/gun-control-australia-updated/
Homicides declined in the US too.

IMO it doesn't go that far, we have a right, say no more
What doesn't go that far?

Offline Abelefko1

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Another mass shooting!!!
« Reply #149 on: February 15, 2018, 10:12:49 AM »
http://www.breitbart.com/california/2017/12/26/la-county-only-197-concealed-carry-permits-for-10-2-million-residents/ Banning guns is the beginning of an authoritarian government, that's what Stalin did and that's why he was able to kill millions of his own people, because they had no way to protect themselves.
This is the most nonsense and utter idiocracy put into one sentence! There’s a reason why these mass shootings only happen in the USA, nobody wants to take away guns they just want to make gun control, meaning that people with mental illness or people in the terror watch list aren’t able too buy semi automatic guns...and my opinion is that nobody should be able to buy semi automatic weapons .
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 10:42:24 AM by Abelefko1 »

Offline davidrotts63

• View Profile
« Reply #150 on: February 15, 2018, 10:14:50 AM »

The response to the "completely ban guns" people, to those who say to restrict but not ban, cab get more of a response

Offline Yammer

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 15, 2018, 10:16:24 AM »
It's actually a very important right, that saves lives. Just imagine if at the time of WWII there were no laws banning guns, I don't think the holocaust would have happened, and certainly not on that level. If the Nazis knew that there would be armed resistance they wouldn't be able to round up thousands of residents of a town and murder them all.

Don't say the holocaust won't happen again, because it absolutely can.
Those guns that the poles had were worthless against the Nazis. What makes you think that another few guns would've helped?
What more do you need then looking at Canada or UK??????? Why do they have MUCH less murders?

This non sense mentality especially in the frum commumity mind is because the main radio stations in the NY tri state are loaded with the Rush Limbaugh's and Hannity's, and we all listen to them all day, so we have no idea that they go home and laugh from us stupid people. They do it for entertainment and we take them literally for what they say.

Of course we are all hard core right wingers until it comes to our section 8 and food stamps......

STOP the guns once for all.
You have a country that millions of ppl have guns. You can't change that.

It's in the Constitution. You can't ban guns. You can "try" to restrict. That has gone nowhere..

Offline sillypainter

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 15, 2018, 10:18:18 AM »
The amount of people killed in mass shootings in the US, doesn't even come close to a fraction of the number of lives that could have been saved if citizens were allowed to have guns during the holocaust. It's delusional to think that another holocaust can't happen.

Homicides declined in the US too.

Stop with the Holocaust nonsense. You can't think that the government can ban Jews from buying guns in a holocaust era?? And do you really think a few guns can out number a country against you?

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 15, 2018, 10:18:47 AM »
nobody wants to take away guns they just want to make gun control, meaning that people with mental illness or people in the terror watch list aren’t able too buy semi automatic guns
Fact Check:
False. Don't even need to look far.
We need to ban all guns, but it's a step at least in the right direction.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 15, 2018, 10:19:31 AM »
Heart wrenching  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

[tweet]963960184723918849[/tweet]

Offline Yitzshpitz

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 15, 2018, 10:21:53 AM »
This is the most nonsense and utter idiocracy put into one sentence! There’s a reason why these mass shootings only happen in the USA, nobody wants to take away guns they just want to make gun control, meaning that people with mental illness or people in the terror watch list aren’t able too buy semi automatic guns...and my opinion is that nobody should be able to buy semi automatic weapons . What you just wrote shows how stupid and clueless you’re

His point is that you are looking at the mass shooting issue but forgetting why the 2nd amendment is there to begin with. Yes, of course something should be done but the question is how restrictive the gun laws should be. Calling someone names during a logical discussion or debate is not the way to prove your point.

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 15, 2018, 10:24:24 AM »
This is the most nonsense and utter idiocracy put into one sentence! There’s a reason why these mass shootings only happen in the USA, nobody wants to take away guns they just want to make gun control, meaning that people with mental illness or people in the terror watch list aren’t able too buy semi automatic guns...and my opinion is that nobody should be able to buy semi automatic weapons . What you just wrote shows how stupid and clueless you’re
Why are you resorting to personal attacks?

1) If you listen to most liberal rhetoric, most of them want complete gun bans, and more gun control is the way to get there.
2) Just because someone is placed on a list for mental illness or terror watch, doesn't give you a right to take away their rights without due process (that's exactly what Obama did and that's all Trump undid)

Those guns that the poles had were worthless against the Nazis. What makes you think that another few guns would've helped?
Absolutely!! The Nazis had nothing to worry about, when going into a city to just round up all the residents and murder them, because there was no way anyone could stop them, even those few guns would have made a huge difference.

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 15, 2018, 10:25:18 AM »
His point is that you are looking at the mass shooting issue but forgetting why the 2nd amendment is there to begin with. Yes, of course something should be done but the question is how restrictive the gun laws should be. Calling someone names during a logical discussion or debate is not the way to prove your point.
Thank you. You explained it perfectly.

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 15, 2018, 10:28:47 AM »
Stop with the Holocaust nonsense. You can't think that the government can ban Jews from buying guns in a holocaust era?? And do you really think a few guns can out number a country against you?
It's not only jews, as soon as the government takes away our guns, they can do what they want to us with impunity. There's a reason the constitution gives us the right to an armed militia, TBH I think the founding fathers not only intended to include assault rifles, but even fully automatic guns. If you look at why the second amendment exists, it makes perfect sense. (The supreme court disagrees with me)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.