Topic Wiki

1) The Holocaust happened because Jews were unable to obtain guns due to Poland's notoriously strict gun laws.
2) The left wants an absolute gun ban - no guns at all, any type, for anyone, ever.
3) The right wants mass shootings, especially school shootings.
4) Everyone agrees we need to require better background checks and use more discretion in handing out gun licenses.
4.a The right cannot pass such legislation because it is a slippery slope to banning all guns, everywhere, for everyone.
4.b The left cannot pass such legislation because it is not enough.
5)  Every school in the US should have metal detectors at the entrance, be surrounded by a 30' cement wall and have armed guards in every classroom and hallway. The more guns around kids the better.
6) 7 year olds going through half an hour of security theater every day just to go to school is a perfectly normal and acceptable solution.
7) The second amendment entitles every US citizen to an AR-15.
8 ) Laws don't prevent crimes.
9) Guns don't kill people
10) Stats prove my side of the argument 100% correct. (D)
11) Stats prove my side of the argument 100% correct  (R)

Author Topic: Parkland, FL 2/14/18 School Shooting, 17 Killed (Another mass shooting!)  (Read 200225 times)

Offline Abelefko1

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Another mass shooting!!!
« Reply #160 on: February 15, 2018, 10:34:07 AM »
Fact Check:
False. Don't even need to look far.
What I meant was that all these gun toting 2 amendment rooters are scared of the government taking away their guns is not gonna happen...millions of Americans have guns and it’s not changing. The discussion is weapons of mass destruction and why people can buy them
Don’t let single liberal voices change the need to change what is clearly wrong with our country

Offline Abelefko1

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Another mass shooting!!!
« Reply #161 on: February 15, 2018, 10:36:44 AM »
It's not only jews, as soon as the government takes away our guns, they can do what they want to us with impunity. There's a reason the constitution gives us the right to an armed militia, TBH I think the founding fathers not only intended to include assault rifles, but even fully automatic guns. If you look at why the second amendment exists, it makes perfect sense. (The supreme court disagrees with me)
Again NO ONE IS TAKING YOUR GUNS!!!
And why stop with assault rifles? Maybe you need a tank also ? Sure will help you’re war against the government

Offline avromie7

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 15, 2018, 10:40:53 AM »
Again NO ONE IS TAKING YOUR GUNS!!!
That is not what the left wants. You hear it all the time, and even on this thread "why don't we take away everyone's guns like in the UK". It's delusional to think that the left will be happy with banning "assault rifles" (which is an arbitrary term) they make it very clear, that they won't stop until all guns are illegal.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline Abelefko1

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 15, 2018, 10:44:23 AM »
That is not what the left wants. You hear it all the time, and even on this thread "why don't we take away everyone's guns like in the UK". It's delusional to think that the left will be happy with banning "assault rifles" (which is an arbitrary term) they make it very clear, that they won't stop until all guns are illegal.
So explain if you can where exactly does this stop?? Do you need a Gatling gun too ?
Moderation my friend is what we need

Offline Abelefko1

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 15, 2018, 10:46:50 AM »
Why are you resorting to personal attacks?

1) If you listen to most liberal rhetoric, most of them want complete gun bans, and more gun control is the way to get there.
2) Just because someone is placed on a list for mental illness or terror watch, doesn't give you a right to take away their rights without due process (that's exactly what Obama did and that's all Trump undid)
 Absolutely!! The Nazis had nothing to worry about, when going into a city to just round up all the residents and murder them, because there was no way anyone could stop them, even those few guns would have made a huge difference.
I’m sorry you are right I won’t prove my point by insulting you , and I apologize.
You just got me really mad saying such things while the blood of these kids is still warm....

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #165 on: February 15, 2018, 10:51:53 AM »
I’m sorry you are right I won’t prove my point by insulting you , and I apologize.
You just got me really mad saying such things while the blood of these kids is still warm....
Making rash decisions on policy out of emotion is never good.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 15, 2018, 10:55:15 AM »
It's terrible, but the answer is not a knee jerk reaction. Gun policy is something that needs to be though without getting emotions involved. Good policy is never made on the back of a tragedy, it always leads to bad policy, and gun policy is no different.

I agree with you that the knee jerk reaction would be to bad guns, ban assault rifles, etc. but the biggest mistake that's made is forgetting that criminals don't listen to laws.

In NYC, they're afraid of reciprocity laws, even though concealed carry permit holders around the country, have a lower crime rate than cops. They complain that now we won't be able to control who has guns, the issue is that they were never able to control the people who should not have guns, they only control the people who should be able to have guns, leaving the law abiding citizens defenseless against criminals.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 15, 2018, 10:56:13 AM »
That is a slippery slope argument and frankly not really true. They may try to make all guns illegal but they would need an amendment for that which is not happening in the near future. I don't know enough about guns to be able to give clear guidelines, but some more restrictions do sound reasonable. We are constantly having shooters who as individuals should never have had access to guns. Something is broken if we can't stop a guy calling himself a professional school shooter from getting a gun.

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/964160186133999620

Offline Abelefko1

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Another mass shooting!!!
« Reply #168 on: February 15, 2018, 10:59:02 AM »
It's terrible, but the answer is not a knee jerk reaction. Gun policy is something that needs to be though without getting emotions involved. Good policy is never made on the back of a tragedy, it always leads to bad policy, and gun policy is no different.

I agree with you that the knee jerk reaction would be to bad guns, ban assault rifles, etc. but the biggest mistake that's made is forgetting that criminals don't listen to laws.

In NYC, they're afraid of reciprocity laws, even though concealed carry permit holders around the country, have a lower crime rate than cops. They complain that now we won't be able to control who has guns, the issue is that they were never able to control the people who should not have guns, they only control the people who should be able to have guns, leaving the law abiding citizens defenseless against criminals.
Again you are not leaving citizens defenseless....a handgun is going to be much more effective in cramped situation ex. A bar ,school.

Offline mercaz1

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 15, 2018, 10:59:20 AM »
5 of the 17 killed were yiden r"l
Medow Pollack 18
Jamie Guttenberg 14
Alex Schachter  49
Scott beige 35
Alyssa Alhadeff 14

his name is Scott Beigel

Offline mordechain

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 15, 2018, 11:03:36 AM »
That is a great example. It shows exactly why the tax code is not the right way to do it.
Yeah, the tax code is not a great way to keep blacks from voting. It's a wonderful way to stop the insanity...

Offline Abelefko1

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 15, 2018, 11:08:35 AM »
That is a slippery slope argument and frankly not really true. They may try to make all guns illegal but they would need an amendment for that which is not happening in the near future. I don't know enough about guns to be able to give clear guidelines, but some more restrictions do sound reasonable. We are constantly having shooters who as individuals should never have had access to guns. Something is broken if we can't stop a guy calling himself a professional school shooter from getting a gun.

I agree.

When discussing gun policy, there are 2 sides to every argument, one is freedom, and the other is safety. Most gun control advocates forget about the freedom aspect of it, and you hear them happy to take away the rights of millions of americans because it may make a deranged shooter less deadly, without looking at the repercussions of it. We already have a background checking system in place, but it sounds like it isn't updated properly, allowing those who should be on the list to purchase guns, that's where the focus should be, making sure all required agencies report to it.

There's another aspect that hasn't been mentioned, and isn't wide spread yet mostly because it's still imperfect - the ghost gun. The ghost gun is basically created by a 3D milling machine using readily available pieces of metal and a software file that is available online, there is no way the government can control it.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 15, 2018, 11:10:32 AM »
Yeah, the tax code is not a great way to keep blacks from voting. It's a wonderful way to stop the insanity...
Why is it a more wonderful way to do one than the other besides that you (and I) disagree with wanting to use it for that?

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 15, 2018, 11:11:26 AM »
https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/964149972257181696
We should definitely allow 19 year olds to buy beer. The same way they can join the military.

Online aygart

• View Profile

Offline Abelefko1

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Another mass shooting!!!
« Reply #176 on: February 15, 2018, 11:15:05 AM »
Again you are not leaving citizens defenseless....a handgun is going to be much more effective in cramped situation ex. A bar ,school.
So explain if you can where exactly does this stop?? Do you need a Gatling gun too ?
Moderation my friend is what we need
Any answer ? ?

Online aygart

• View Profile

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 15, 2018, 11:23:30 AM »
Any answer ? ?
Do you have an issue with a semi automatic hand gun?

Offline Abelefko1

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 15, 2018, 11:26:38 AM »
Do you have an issue with a semi automatic hand gun?
Look I’m not an expert but we can have the discussion about which guns exactly to ban or we can talk about the fact that most republicans can’t hear the word “ban” be it a B.B. gun or an f35....answer me why a tank in you’re opinion should/shouldn’t be available to citizens