Topic Wiki

1) The Holocaust happened because Jews were unable to obtain guns due to Poland's notoriously strict gun laws.
2) The left wants an absolute gun ban - no guns at all, any type, for anyone, ever.
3) The right wants mass shootings, especially school shootings.
4) Everyone agrees we need to require better background checks and use more discretion in handing out gun licenses.
4.a The right cannot pass such legislation because it is a slippery slope to banning all guns, everywhere, for everyone.
4.b The left cannot pass such legislation because it is not enough.
5)  Every school in the US should have metal detectors at the entrance, be surrounded by a 30' cement wall and have armed guards in every classroom and hallway. The more guns around kids the better.
6) 7 year olds going through half an hour of security theater every day just to go to school is a perfectly normal and acceptable solution.
7) The second amendment entitles every US citizen to an AR-15.
8 ) Laws don't prevent crimes.
9) Guns don't kill people
10) Stats prove my side of the argument 100% correct. (D)
11) Stats prove my side of the argument 100% correct  (R)

Author Topic: Parkland, FL 2/14/18 School Shooting, 17 Killed (Another mass shooting!)  (Read 200098 times)

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Re: Another mass shooting!!!
« Reply #180 on: February 15, 2018, 11:27:47 AM »
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 15, 2018, 11:29:56 AM »
Look I’m not an expert but we can have the discussion about which guns exactly to ban or we can talk about the fact that most republicans can’t hear the word “ban” be it a B.B. gun or an f35....answer me why a tank in you’re opinion should/shouldn’t be available to citizens
Or the fact that most Dems can't hear the word gun be it a B.B. gun or an f35. You are part of the problem not the solution.
https://twitter.com/DavidAFrench/status/964160934670422016

Offline mordechain

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 15, 2018, 11:32:48 AM »
Why is it a more wonderful way to do one than the other besides that you (and I) disagree with wanting to use it for that?
I agree with you on that point. The love of guns and gun culture is evil, just as the suppression of blacks is evil.

Offline Yammer

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 15, 2018, 11:36:38 AM »

http://www.cnn.com/2018/02/15/us/nikolas-cruz-fbi-warned/index.html

This happens every time...

That is not what the left wants. You hear it all the time, and even on this thread "why don't we take away everyone's guns like in the UK". It's delusional to think that the left will be happy with banning "assault rifles" (which is an arbitrary term) they make it very clear, that they won't stop until all guns are illegal.

Moderation my friend is what we need

That's correct.

But the sides don't trust each other. The NRA would give in if they weren't scared that the ultimate goal is to ban all guns.

Offline Abelefko1

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 15, 2018, 11:37:16 AM »
Or the fact that most Dems can't hear the word gun be it a B.B. gun or an f35. You are part of the problem not the solution.
So explain if you can where exactly does this stop?? Do you need a Gatling gun too ?
Moderation my friend is what we need
is you’re answer.
I’m not against people having guns for recreation,protection, etc . But so far I haven’t heard a reason why people need ar-15 bump stocks etc.. give me one

Offline Abelefko1

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 15, 2018, 11:39:48 AM »

This happens every time...

That's correct.

But the sides don't trust each other. The NRA would give in if they weren't scared that the ultimate goal is to ban all guns.
Only the republicans can change that...the option of waiting around has run out...(or sadly not?) reason why we have politicians??

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 15, 2018, 11:43:47 AM »
Only the republicans can change that...the option of waiting around has run out...(or sadly not?) reason why we have politicians??
Naaaah a good way to stop the mistrust would be for the Dems to stop perpetuating the lie that people can walk into a grocery and buy a gallon of milk and a gun.

Offline Abelefko1

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 15, 2018, 11:44:21 AM »
RIP. Aaron Feis, The fearless football coach and security guard jumped in front of terrified students to protect them from becoming casualties of the bloodbath inside their #Florida school, witnesses said.

Coach #AaronFeis, himself a graduate of #MarjoryStoneman #DouglasHighSchool, sprang into action in #Parkland, Florida. When he heard the bullets he ran towards the line of fire and tried to take down the shooter by rushing him.

Offline Abelefko1

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 15, 2018, 11:51:47 AM »
Naaaah a good way to stop the mistrust would be for the Dems to stop perpetuating the lie that people can walk into a grocery and buy a gallon of milk and a gun.
A lie ? Here what you need to buy a gun in Walmart
“Be able to pay for the gun. They’re funny that way.
Bring your driver’s license or state ID card. You’ll need that.
Bring a recent (30–60 days) piece of mail that has your name & address on it that matches what’s on your ID. The mail should be a utility bill, rental/lease agreement or similar document. Some states require this to confirm your address. If your car registration matches you can use that.
Check with Wal*Mart or a local gun shop if there are charges to conduct the background check. In some states it may cost you an extra $19–$25.
Also ask the above if any special documents are required. Some states or jurisdictions require you to have a permit to purchase or some other document - a firearms owner ID (FOID) card (Illinois), Firearms Safety Certificate (California). Costs for these are extra and you may need to obtain the document in advance.
If buying a handgun bring a lockable gun case or purchase one from Wal-Mart with an inexpensive padlock or keylock. Most states require the gun to be in a locked container when transporting it. Do not assume the glove box or console to be a legal locked container.
You need to be able to answer NO to the following questions on Form 4473:
Are you under indictment or information in any court for a felony?
Have you ever been convicted in any court of a felony?
Are you a fugitive from justice?
Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?
Have you ever been adjudicated mentally defective or committed to a mental institution?
Have you been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions?
Are you subject to a court order restraining you from harassing, stalking, or threatening your child or an intimate partner or child of such partner?
Have you ever been convicted in any court of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence?
Have you ever renounced your United States citizenship?
Are you an alien illegally in the United States?
The dealer will contact the FBI background check system for approval to release the firearm to you. If you live in certain states (like California) there may be a waiting period before you can take possession of your firearm”
Looks pretty easy to me...

Offline Yammer

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 15, 2018, 11:56:51 AM »
I blame both sides for creating that environment...
And when it comes to voting the D's cry foul about the millions of ppl that don't have govt ID.

Everyone plays it to their benefit.

Offline Abelefko1

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 15, 2018, 11:57:34 AM »
And here you have Fox News
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/07/texas-gun-law-rules-and-regulations.html
And I quote
“Generally speaking, in Texas, as long as you’re of age [18] and can pass the background check, you can buy a gun,” Sparks told Fox News
Fox News man !!!not cnn or abc

Offline mordechain

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 15, 2018, 12:06:03 PM »
A twenty second Google search.. these need to be at least 50 times the price...

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 15, 2018, 12:19:09 PM »
A lie ? Here what you need to buy a gun in Walmart
“Be able to pay for the gun. They’re funny that way.
Bring your driver’s license or state ID card. You’ll need that.
Bring a recent (30–60 days) piece of mail that has your name & address on it that matches what’s on your ID. The mail should be a utility bill, rental/lease agreement or similar document. Some states require this to confirm your address. If your car registration matches you can use that.
Check with Wal*Mart or a local gun shop if there are charges to conduct the background check. In some states it may cost you an extra $19–$25.
Also ask the above if any special documents are required. Some states or jurisdictions require you to have a permit to purchase or some other document - a firearms owner ID (FOID) card (Illinois), Firearms Safety Certificate (California). Costs for these are extra and you may need to obtain the document in advance.
If buying a handgun bring a lockable gun case or purchase one from Wal-Mart with an inexpensive padlock or keylock. Most states require the gun to be in a locked container when transporting it. Do not assume the glove box or console to be a legal locked container.
You need to be able to answer NO to the following questions on Form 4473:
Are you under indictment or information in any court for a felony?
Have you ever been convicted in any court of a felony?
Are you a fugitive from justice?
Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?
Have you ever been adjudicated mentally defective or committed to a mental institution?
Have you been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions?
Are you subject to a court order restraining you from harassing, stalking, or threatening your child or an intimate partner or child of such partner?
Have you ever been convicted in any court of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence?
Have you ever renounced your United States citizenship?
Are you an alien illegally in the United States?
The dealer will contact the FBI background check system for approval to release the firearm to you. If you live in certain states (like California) there may be a waiting period before you can take possession of your firearm”
Looks pretty easy to me...
And here you have Fox News
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/07/texas-gun-law-rules-and-regulations.html
And I quote
“Generally speaking, in Texas, as long as you’re of age [18] and can pass the background check, you can buy a gun,” Sparks told Fox News
Fox News man !!!not cnn or abc
I was never asked for any of this stuff when buying milk. Saying that anyone can just walk in to buy a gun no questions asked and that it is easier to buy a gun than to vote is an outright lie. Making the false equivalence that you are doing is not helpful to anything. Don't blame the Rs when you are doing things which are breeding mistrust yourself.

Offline Abelefko1

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 15, 2018, 12:22:38 PM »
I was never asked for any of this stuff when buying milk. Saying that anyone can just walk in to buy a gun no questions asked and that it is easier to buy a gun than to vote is an outright lie. Making the false equivalence that you are doing is not helpful to anything. Don't blame the Rs when you are doing things which are breeding mistrust yourself.
And how am I breeding mistrust?? All I’m saying is that most people would be able to buy a machine gun under these “restrictions”

Offline mordechain

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 15, 2018, 12:23:51 PM »
It is as easy as pie to give a simile. Buying an assault weapon is something that  is absurdly easy. For Democrats, Republicans, Whigs Tories and whoever.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: February 15, 2018, 12:27:05 PM »
The amount of people killed in mass shootings in the US, doesn't even come close to a fraction of the number of lives that could have been saved if citizens were allowed to have guns during the holocaust. It's delusional to think that another holocaust can't happen.
Can we leave this out of the discussion. It is 100% useless and nothing but a smokescreen to what is going on in this country!!!
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline mordechain

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 15, 2018, 12:28:53 PM »
It's actually useful to see how silly and desperate the arguments for gun culture get.. .

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 15, 2018, 12:30:44 PM »
It's actually useful to see how silly and desperate the arguments for gun culture get.. .
...but how does that help with a solution?
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 15, 2018, 12:31:52 PM »
And how am I breeding mistrust?? All I’m saying is that most people would be able to buy a machine gun under these “restrictions”
Yes. Most people do not go doing mass shootings.

Offline Abelefko1

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 15, 2018, 12:35:32 PM »
Yes. Most people do not go doing mass shootings.
And the people who do ....are not stopped by these restrictions!! So you agree we need more control on assault weapons?